Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Rogue-writer-16

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her generous chest but nodded slightly, stepping further away from the rail. Just in case.

"If you say so." she shrugged a shoulder. She thought she could take the slime but wouldn't go against her bosses orders... most of the time.

10/11/2010 #301
J.A. Fletcher

"I'm not kidding. Stay away from him." Tony replied. "Anyhow, we've got some important business to discuss."

10/11/2010 #302
Rogue-writer-16

"I said okay. Don't get your panties in a bunch." she rolled her eyes at the man then bit her lip. Perhaps she had been too lax-a-dasiy lately but speaking so was foolish and she knew it. SHe dropped her eyes in an immediate apology.

10/11/2010 #303
Danielle Thamasa

Thomas looked around the Jazz Club a couple more times and then turned back to the bar, taking a couple more swigs from his drink. He knew that even the strongest drink here had barely anything to it, but he had never been much into drinking. This was enough for him and he found that he was starting to box the memories of the past up once again.

10/11/2010 #304
J.A. Fletcher

"You're lucky you're you." Tony said. "Anyone else would've had a slug in 'em by now. Now about those plans..."

10/12/2010 #305
HotLesbianActionChick

Stepping into the bar, Jean slowly unclenched her coat collar. It was a cold night in Boston, a type of weather Jean was used too. Rubbing her exposed hands she looks around the bar. It was small. The smell the cigarettes and liquor were forever stained in this space. Examining the bar a little more she noticed that there weren't many people. A bolt of nausea overcame Jean. Her performance pay was based on the size of the audience and it looked like there wouldn't be much of an audience.

Sighing worriedly Jean tried to pry her thoughts away from the none existing crowed. Catching her eye, she finally saw her space. It was a black stage. Small, but worthy like no other. A sense of home washed over Jeans heart. A genital smile smoothed softly across her face. Her thoughts of a small crowed vanished and all she could do it think about the stage.

It was small, black, scuffed up from previous performances, but held a sense of uniqueness that other stages never held. The curtains were a dark blue that draped around the stage. Dust floated across the beam of lights, then fell onto the lonely microphone standing gracefully up-center stage. It was like a flashback from home. Jean was born and raised in Chicago where she learned how to sing and fix cars with her Dad. She remembered her and her family going to a restraint a friend owned. They had a stage (smaller then this one) and ever time they visited their family friend, Jean ran up to the stage and tried to reach the microphone. A soft laugh broke through Jean's red lips. Her curled brown hair bounced along with her chest. Jean wished that her Dad could be here.

A sudden tap on her shoulder whipped Jean around to face her friend, and piano player, William Brooks. A black man with a strong jaw and thin body, they found each other at different gigs. She needed a musician, and he needed cash. "Did you talk to the bartender?" He asked.

Looking over her shoulder towards the bar, she focused her attention back to William. "Yeah, I'll tell him that we're here," replied Jean, stuffing her hands into her armpits.

"Well, hurry up. Its freezin' ass cold out there and you in here star gazin' at the place." With that response, William heads towards exit.

"Alright, alright! Don't get in a lather, ya cake-walker!" Laughing half-heartily she smiles as William laughs and leaves the bar.

Turning herself around, she walks towards the bar. Her heals snap against the wooden floor, screaming to everybody in the room that Jean's shoes are present. Leaning on the bar, her elbow's support her upper body. "Hey, Barkeep!"

10/13/2010 #306
Danielle Thamasa

Mr. Murphy looked up at the young woman who had called for him. "How can I help you, miss?"

10/13/2010 #307
Rogue-writer-16

"You're lucky you're you." Tony said. "Anyone else would've had a slug in 'em by now. Now about those plans..."

Ori sent him a sweet grin then sighed. Always business. She wondered if the man ever relaxed but then again, she knew the answer before she had even completed the thought.

"Plans. Right. What've you got in mind?"

10/14/2010 . Edited 10/14/2010 #308
J.A. Fletcher

"Well, this is something we should discuss in private."

((I sent you a PM, Rouge.))

10/14/2010 #309
HotLesbianActionChick

"I'm Jean Moore and I'm here with my band partners for the gig. We talked previously and you told me to check in before loading in." Jean said. A sudden realization overcame Jean. If the bar wasn't full tonight, there wouldn't be much use of her or Jeans band mates. The bar was hardly full, and her stomach will soon be just as empty, maybe have a little bit of food and shady room to sleep in for a couple of nights. All she could think about is her empty wallet as she made eye contact with the man.

10/15/2010 #310
Danielle Thamasa

Mr. Murphy nodded. "Ah yes. Well, the band just finished up so you are welcome to set up and get started. When you are finished I can give you and the band a hot meal."

10/15/2010 #311
Rogue-writer-16

"Well, this is something we should discuss in private."

Ori hesitated then shrugged,

"There's some rooms in the back for... entertainment purposes. They're secure enough if you have the right amount of money." she admitted, gesturing with a hand. Plus, it would keep her cover in-tact for that much longer.

10/15/2010 #312
HotLesbianActionChick

Surprised by the bartenders act of kindness, Jean's green eyes suddenly became a tad bit larger. Resembling a cat, her facial features formed into a soft feline structure. Smiling thankfully, she couldn't help but deny the life saving offer. "That's askin' to much, sir. Thank you for wanting too, though." Jean knew she would regret this later, sadly his offer was against her moral code. Work and don't ask for anything in return, but dollar bills.

10/16/2010 . Edited 10/17/2010 #313
Danielle Thamasa

Mr. Murphy shook his head. "I do the same for every other band and singer that comes in. When you are finished you will sit down for a hot meal." Mr. Murphy could be extremely stubborn when he needed to be, and this was one of those times.

10/16/2010 #314
HotLesbianActionChick

Resisting wasn't a suggestion. It was either preform and get a hot meal(which was a lifesaving idea) or preform and deny such kindness. Sighing, Jean's shoulders relaxed from its ridged state. "Thank you. A hot meal does sound good."

10/17/2010 #315
Danielle Thamasa

"Good good. Well, you had best go set up," Mr. Murphy said.

10/17/2010 #316
J.A. Fletcher

"Then let's go." Tony stood up and followed Ori.

10/17/2010 #317
Rogue-writer-16

Ori led Tony into the back rooms she had frequented only a handful of times. She was usually working elsewhere this time of the evening- the Jazz Club wasn't her most favourable hot spot. Still, she passed a woman on the way through to the back and sent her a quick wink. The girl only smiled dully and waved them through.

The room was small with an equally small window. The paint on the walls was new but still left a lot to be desired and the only furnishing was a bed, a small table and a single chair. It was easy to see why other places might offer better... accomodations for someone with Ori's usual taste.

She made sure to shut the door behind Tony then leaned against it.

"The walls might look thin but they've been specially prepared to keep noise in." she assured him, recalling her conversation with the club owner when it had first opened. She had managed a little persuasion that had ensured these rooms were re-designed to be noise-safe. After all, wouldn't want the nice patrons stumbling upon some of the grittier aspects of the club. They all had these rooms, of course, but very few female clientelle were aware of them.

10/17/2010 #318
J.A. Fletcher

"Okay, Ori." Tony said. "It's like this." He explained the plans to her.

10/17/2010 #319
Rogue-writer-16

Ori bit her lip but nodded.

"It seems simple enough." she offered a careless shrug, "Nothing I can't handle."

10/17/2010 #320
Danielle Thamasa

Thomas sat at the bar now for a completely different reason than what he had originally come for. One of his boss's men had come down to inform him of his new assignment. He knew that he should be out getting ready but it was late and there wasn't much point in trying anything just yet anyway.

10/17/2010 #321
J.A. Fletcher

"I guess we're square, then." Tony replied to Ori.

10/17/2010 #322
Rogue-writer-16

Ori hid her frown with a nod- she'd never really been square with Tony before... and didn't know where that left her when this job was done. With a shrug, she smiled again.

"Need anything else tonight?" she asked, propping her hands on her hips.

10/17/2010 #323
J.A. Fletcher

"I don't know, maybe you might like to show me a little appreciation."

10/17/2010 #324
Rogue-writer-16

Her grin was sly and she chuckled,

"Well, you're the boss, Boss. What's on your mind?" she asked, sashaying over to stand nice and close.

10/17/2010 #325
J.A. Fletcher

Tony wrapped his arm around her waist. "I'd like to show you, rather than give it away."

10/17/2010 #326
Rogue-writer-16

Ori's grin faltered for a fraction of a second but she shrugged. He still needed her. He wouldn't hurt her.

"I'm all yours." she purred, draping her arms about his shoulders.

10/17/2010 #327
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, honey, that's the best thing I've heard all day."

((Do you want to fade out?))

10/17/2010 #328
Rogue-writer-16

((For sure, for sure. Don't want to damage the kiddies!))

{FADE OUT}

10/17/2010 #329
Danielle Thamasa

((Thank you))

10/17/2010 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member