Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

"No, there really was a King Arthur. The stories just may be romanticized tales of adventures though."

1/14/2012 #121
Maximilianus

"I see. Interesting." Their food finally arrived.

The maitre 'd wouldn't take Mickey's bribe and forced them to wait twenty minutes for a table. Eventually he sat Mickey and Evelyn on the opposite side of the room.

1/14/2012 #122
Danielle Thamasa

As they entered the room, Evi looked around. It wasn't until she was seated that she spotted a curious sight. "Is that my brother...with a young woman?"

1/14/2012 #123
Maximilianus

Mickey almost choked on his wine. "By God, it is. Interesting. I didn't think he reproduced like the rest of humanity. I, for one, was an advocate of mitosis."

1/14/2012 #124
Danielle Thamasa

"I often thought the same thing. Well, she is fairly cute, but I bet she is absolutely bored to death around him."

1/14/2012 #125
Maximilianus

Patrick glanced over mid-drink and sprayed his wine all over the tablecloth. "Shit, that's my sister! With...with...that guy!"

1/14/2012 #126
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget jumped slightly and then turned to look in the direction of Patrick's gaze. "Oh! Should we go over and say hello or something?"

1/14/2012 #127
Maximilianus

"Well...erm...I'm not sure."

Mickey raised an eyebrow. "I don't suppose you want to go over and say hello."

1/14/2012 #128
Danielle Thamasa

Evi shook her head. "Absolutely not."

Bridget looked back at Patrick. "It would only be polite to go and say hello."

1/14/2012 #129
Maximilianus

"Aha, well, the thing about my sister is that she doesn't do 'polite.'"

"Very well." Mickey looked down at his menu. "Let's settle down for a nicely awkward dinner then."

1/14/2012 #130
Danielle Thamasa

"Perhaps she would surprise you."

Evelyn chuckled. "I am sure our dinner will be far less awkward than theirs."

1/14/2012 #131
Maximilianus

"With a kick to the crotch, perhaps," Patrick mumbled.

"Not if they decide to spread the wealth."

1/14/2012 #132
Danielle Thamasa

"I'm sure she isn't that bad," Bridget said, though she could tell that he had no intention of going over there. "Fine, well, we can just ignore them then."

"We can either ignore them or go somewhere else," Evi replied.

1/14/2012 #133
Maximilianus

"I vote ignore becuase I, for one, am ravenous," Mickey replied.

"Well...there's the chance she might come this way..." Patrick said.

1/14/2012 #134
Danielle Thamasa

"Then we are agreed," Evi said.

Bridget looked back over at the other table. "It doesn't look like they are planning to come over here. I think they are going to leave us to enjoy our dinner."

1/14/2012 #135
Maximilianus

"Fat chance," muttered Patrick.

Mickey looked over again. "It seems you've made dear old unflappable Patrick quite...flapped."

1/14/2012 #136
Danielle Thamasa

"Are you going to spend the rest of the night brooding about the fact that your sister and her date are here or are we going to try and salvage this evening?" Bridget asked.

"It is always this way. Patrick and I simply don't see eye to eye on most things."

1/14/2012 #137
Maximilianus

"That I noticed firsthand," Mickey nodded.

"You're right, sorry." Patrick straightened.

1/14/2012 #138
Danielle Thamasa

"I also do not believe my brother likes it when I use logic to outsmart him."

Bridget smiled. "Good. Now, where were we?"

1/14/2012 #139
Maximilianus

"Odd. I find it rather amusing."

"I think we were discussing King Arthur," Patrick replied, refilling their wine glasses as he did so.

1/14/2012 #140
Danielle Thamasa

Evi smirked. "As do I."

"Thank you," Bridget said before picking up her glass and taking another sip of wine. "Yes, I collect books on Arthurian legends. It doesn't matter if I already own it or not. If it is a different edition then I feel like I must have it." She paused. "This is slightly embarrassing. I don't really tell people that."

1/14/2012 #141
Maximilianus

"Perhaps we should go over there," Mickey mused, "if only to make him, as Ford would say, 'blow a gasket.'"

"Don't be. We all have our obsessions." Patrick took the last bite of his lasagna. "I must confess I am the workaholic type you made me out to be."

1/15/2012 #142
Danielle Thamasa
"Normally I would rather enjoy doing that," Evi commented, "but right now I really don't want to have any interaction with anyone in my family."
1/28/2012 #143
Danielle Thamasa
"Well thank you for understanding that," Bridget answered with a smile. "It isn't much of a confession since I basically already knew that to be true. Still, I appreciate you admitting it."
1/28/2012 #144
Maximilianus
"Fair enough," Mickey replied. Patrick cast another sideways glance at Mickey and Evi. "So...are you finished?"
1/29/2012 #145
Danielle Thamasa
Evi let out a deep breath. "Thank you."
1/29/2012 #146
Danielle Thamasa
Bridget finished off her glass of wine and nodded. "I am. It was just as delicious as last time."
1/29/2012 #147
Maximilianus
"Good. Let's go." Patrick shoved a randomly excessive amount of money into the leather billfold and threw it at the waiter across the room. "Oh, my. It seems we've snapped a very tightly wound string," Mickey mused.
1/31/2012 #148
Danielle Thamasa
Bridget looked at Patrick. "Does having your sister around really bother you that much?"
2/4/2012 #149
Danielle Thamasa
Evi simply nodded and turned her attention back to the menu. She was actually tired of talking to or about her family, and she did not even want to look over at Patrick anymore.
2/4/2012 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member