Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Scottish Princess

((oooh, it looks cool!))

She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

4/13/2008 #91
Lee's ghost re-born

He leaned over and kissed her neck.

(I know, if I get a lot of $ someday I'm gonna get one. I bet its got a oldtimy horn too!)

4/13/2008 #92
Scottish Princess

((oh COOL! I want one!!!))

She laughed lightly, smothering a yawn with one hand. "Watch the road."

4/13/2008 #93
Lee's ghost re-born

"'Whatch the road,'" he mocked. "I don't need a naging wife just yet."

4/13/2008 #94
Scottish Princess

She stuck her tongue out at him, "Well, no one's proposed to me, so how can I be a wife?"

4/13/2008 #95
Lee's ghost re-born

"Your not, but nagin' be like that you're actin' like it." He looked back at the road, and scatched his scar.

4/13/2008 #96
Scottish Princess

She frowned slightly when she saw the scar and lightly ran a finger along it. "What happened?"

4/13/2008 #97
Lee's ghost re-born

He sighed. "Its a long story,' he looked back into her face. "I owe that to the Black and Tans."

4/13/2008 #98
Scottish Princess

She tilted her head to the side, curious, and waited for him to continue.

4/13/2008 #99
Lee's ghost re-born

"When SinnFéin got past we pretty much kicked England in the face," he said with a smile. "They couldn't stand the idea of Ireland declaring Home Rule."

(I'm gonna break the whole story up a couple of posts, cuz I don't wanna write a book on Irish polemical history. You want her to ask a few qutions to keep me going. :D)

4/13/2008 #100
Scottish Princess

((she doesn't know her Irish history....))

"SinnFéin?" she asked, confused, "What's that?"

4/13/2008 #101
Lee's ghost re-born

(I know enough to make it work, but after the Easter Rising (kindia 20s version of the Jacobite Rebellion) It all gets tough to understand- I mean with the slipt into the RI and NI)

"It was a push for us to kick the brits out," he said. "Sinn Féin means 'we, ourselves.'"

4/13/2008 #102
Scottish Princess

She nodded, "Okay, and then?"

4/13/2008 #103
Lee's ghost re-born

"We fromed the Irish Republican Army," he said. "We basically would run around in small bands, pop off a few shots at the British, and dart away. That just got them mad...And Royal Irish Constabulary Reserve Force, which is a fancy name for the British army in Ireland called for people to fight us. Most of them were ex-soidiers from the Great War. We called them Black and Tans cuz they wore pieces of different uniforms. After they showed up it got bad!"

4/13/2008 #104
Scottish Princess

She chewed on her lip as she listened and nodded, urging him to continue.

4/13/2008 #105
Lee's ghost re-born

"The black and Tans' mission was to go after the IRA, but they didn't stop there," he said truing. "They went after insient people too. T-t shot my girlfriend cuz she her name in our native language!"

4/13/2008 #106
Scottish Princess

She blinked and swallowed, offering a quiet, "Oh, I'm sorry."

4/13/2008 #107
Lee's ghost re-born

"It was a long time ago," he said. "Aibreann, April, would roll her eyes at me if I grieved, she was stornger than I. Sometimes I feel like i'm lvin' that song The Wind That Shakes The Barley."

4/13/2008 #108
Scottish Princess

She just nodded, not having a clue what he was talking about.

4/13/2008 #109
Lee's ghost re-born

Thinking on his old life he whispered the words to himself, just loud enough for her to hear although he had not inteded her to:

" I sat within a valley green

Sat there with my true love My fond heart strove to choose between The old love and the new love The old for her, the new that made Me think on Ireland dearly While soft the wind blew down the glade And shook the golden barley Twas hard the mournful words to frame To break the ties that bound us But harder still to bear the shame Of foreign chains around us And so I said, "The mountain glen I'll seek at morning early And join the brave United Men" While soft winds shook the barley Twas sad I kissed away her tears Her arms around me clinging When to my ears that fateful shot Come out the wildwood ringing The bullet pierced my true love's breast In life's young spring so early And there upon my breast she died While soft winds shook the barley I bore her to some mountain stream And many's the summer blossom I placed with branches soft and green About her gore-stained bosom I wept and kissed her clay-cold corpse Then rushed o'er vale and valley My vengeance on the foe to wreak While soft winds shook the barley Twas blood for blood without remorse I took at Oulart Hollow I placed my true love's clay-cold corpse Where mine full soon may follow Around her grave I wander drear Noon, night and morning early With aching heart when e'er I hear The wind that shakes the barley"(If you wanted to hear it here ya go. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4woavn00U) 4/13/2008 #110
Scottish Princess

Tears came to her eyes as she listened. It was so SAD! "James....I had no idea."

4/13/2008 #111
Lee's ghost re-born

He sighed and kissed her. "It twas a different time and place...I can't help happened."

4/13/2008 #112
Scottish Princess

"I'm still sorry for you." She told him, yawning.

4/13/2008 #113
Lee's ghost re-born

He noded. "Don't be sorry lass, I found you," he said pushing the hair away from her eyes. "So things are lookin up for me."

(Check outhis movie sometime, its hard to find in the states but its good! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hc61Cjmmbkg And whenever can. don't forget about my novel.)

4/13/2008 #114
Scottish Princess

She smiled at him and then yawned again, "You just pay attention to driving."

4/13/2008 #115
Lee's ghost re-born

"I will, don't worry bout that,"he said. "You should take a nap long the way."

4/13/2008 #116
Scottish Princess

She nodded and yawned....again. She settled back in her seat and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

((speaking of sleep, I need to go to bed now, it's nearly midnight! Night!))

4/13/2008 #117
Lee's ghost re-born

He kissed her cheeck and looked back at the road.

(Should we move to the city?)

4/14/2008 #118
Scottish Princess

She was asleep....dead to the world.

((yeah, or we could just go straight to the DeLuca Home))

4/14/2008 #119
Danielle Thamasa

Sammy took his hand and looked at him. Her head was telling her that she needed to go but her heart told her to stay, if only for a few minutes longer.

4/14/2008 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member