Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Danielle Thamasa

Bradley walked to the door and looked at the young man standing at the door. "Can I help you?"

((Here's Bridget's dress: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l333gpcEgj1qbkn6io1_500.jpg))

1/14/2012 #31
Maximilianus

Patrick coughed. "Yes, I'm here to pick up Bridget for dinner."

1/14/2012 #32
Danielle Thamasa

Bradley turned and yelled towards the back rooms. "Bridget! Your date is here!"

"Just a minute!" she called back.

He turned back to the young man. "She'll be right out. What are your intentions with my sister?"

1/14/2012 #33
Maximilianus

Patrick blinked. "Well, tonight I intend to feed her. That's the accepted purpose of a dinner, right?"

1/14/2012 #34
Danielle Thamasa

Bradley shook his head. "So, nothing more than that? No romantic inklings at all? If you hurt her in any way then you should know that I'll be coming for you."

Just then Bridget walked out. She had tried to tame her curls a little but had ended up just giving up and didn't even bother pulling it back. "Please don't tell me that you are threatening him like you have all the others."

Bradley took a step back. "It is my prerogative as a brother."

"Well, leave him alone or you might scare him off," she said with a smile. Then she looked at Patrick. "Are you ready to go?"

1/14/2012 #35
Maximilianus

"Oh, god, yes." Patrick had been more comfortable in gunfights. He offered Bridget his arm. "You, er, you look nice."

1/14/2012 #36
Danielle Thamasa

She smiled and took his offered arm. "Thank you." Then Bridget looked at her brother. "I'll see you at home tonight."

"Be careful."

1/14/2012 #37
Maximilianus

Be respectful...

Patrick led her to the car and held the door open for her. Respectful. Okay.

1/14/2012 #38
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget got into the car and smoothed the skirt of her dress. She could do this; it would be fine.

1/14/2012 #39
Maximilianus

Patrick got in on his side and started the car.

((To Luigi's))

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #40
Danielle Thamasa

((woohoo...party at Luigi's))

1/14/2012 #41
Maximilianus

(Should they all get there at once, or meet later after they've sat?)

1/14/2012 #42
Danielle Thamasa

((I think have Patrick and Bridget get there and sit down and then Mickey and Evi can arrive and notice them there))

1/14/2012 #43
Maximilianus

(Okay.)

1/14/2012 #44
Maximilianus

Patrick pulled up to the curb in front of the shop. "Well, here we are."

2/5/2012 #45
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget nodded. "So I see," she answered. "Thank you again for tonight."

2/5/2012 #46
Maximilianus

"Er, yes, you're welcome."

(You know what might be fun? Expanding to New Orleans.)

2/5/2012 #47
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget nodded. "Well, then I guess I will see you some other time."

((that could be entertaining.))

2/5/2012 #48
Maximilianus

"Yes. I, uh, I'll call you."

(Just a thought. I always liked Creole culture.)

2/5/2012 #49
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget got out of the car and walked to the door of the store. Seeing the light on in the back, she figured that Bradley was waiting there for her. She turned back to the car and gave a small wave to Patrick before walking into the store.

2/5/2012 #50
Maximilianus

Patrick awkwardly waved back, banged his head several times on the steering wheel, and drove home.

2/5/2012 #51
Danielle Thamasa

Bridget walked to the back room, where she found Bradley sitting at his desk. "I figured I would let you know that I'm back."

He looked up. "I heard the front door open. So, how was your date?"

"It was fine. Nothing extraordinary but it was a little productive. We'll just have to see what happens next."

"Just...please, be careful with this Bridge. What if he finds out who you really are?"

"I can handle this, Brad."

2/5/2012 #52
Danielle Thamasa

After a few minutes of tidying up a few things around the shop and filing the rest of the paperwork from the day, Bridget poked her head back into Bradley's office. "I'm finished here for the night, so I'm going to go home. Don't stay up too late. I'll see you tomorrow."

Bradley looked up and nodded. "Night, sis."

2/5/2012 #53
Danielle Thamasa

((Bridget's dress is the flowery one on the left. http://uvamagazine.org/images/uploads/2010/spring/dresses_3dresses.jpg))

The next day Bridget made her way to the antique shop and opened it up. She knew that her father and brother wouldn't be in until a little later, so for the next hour she would have the place basically to herself, unless customers came in.

2/6/2012 . Edited 2/7/2012 #54
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member