Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Apartment once shared by Emma and Rosie Harris, now just Rosie and five-year-old Mitchell.

Small apartment, two bedroom, one bathroom, with living area. The living area has the kitchen, dining room, and living room combined.

((Note, on page 4, this thread changes to a new apartment. The new apartment posts start after the big bold OoC comment.))

9/4/2008 . Edited 2/16/2010 #1
Danielle Thamasa

She looked at Emmeline for a moment. "No...she's not breathing." Grabbing the sheet she moved it over the body, covering it from sight. "Oh God...I...I told her to find a different job...I told her that her body couldn't take it..."

She paused and collapsed onto the foot of the bed. "Years ago she could take all of the abuse...but...but after Mitchell..." She couldn't even finish.

9/4/2008 #2
Lee's ghost re-born

He patted her shoulder. She was to nice, he had to make an exit.

(The guy and the FBI guy are two differet people but I could make them one. He could come to look at the murder or something...But am really toying with a new Family.)

9/4/2008 #3
Danielle Thamasa

"Au...aunt Rosie?" Mitch asked. "What's wrong with Emmie?"

Rosie looked over at Mitch and stood up. "Oh Mitch...I..." She hesitated, unsure of how to continue. "Do you want to go get something to eat at the diner down the street?" Anything to distract him from the disaster in the bedroom.

'Oh Emmeline, I told you. Why didn't you listen to me? You said you would be there for Mitch. How am I supposed to care for him alone? He needs his mother. You should have listened. What am I going to do without you?'

9/4/2008 #4
Danielle Thamasa

((Hey Lee, I sent you a PM))

9/4/2008 #5
Lee's ghost re-born

Geno stooped down and gave the boy a handball from his pocket. 'Why don't you play with this?"

9/4/2008 #6
Danielle Thamasa

Mitch looked at Rosie and waited for her nod before he took the handball and ran out of the bedroom area to the living area.

Rosie looked at Geno. "Thank you for that," she said softly. For a moment she sat silent, trying to compose herself. "How...how did you know Emmeline?"

9/4/2008 #7
Lee's ghost re-born

(Sent one back.

I was one of her regaler...and I like to think a friend at times. I came to check on her cuz she missed our usual time."

9/4/2008 #8
Danielle Thamasa

Rosie let out a shaky breath. "She...she seemed perfectly fine when Mitch and I left on Friday....I...I never imagined that I would come back...to this."

9/4/2008 #9
Lee's ghost re-born

Ya get it?)

"I know,' he said simpathic.

9/4/2008 #10
Danielle Thamasa

((yeah I got it...and that was my plan all along))

"I...I don't know if I can do this by myself..."

9/4/2008 #11
Lee's ghost re-born

(Mine too..hehe..)

"How 'bout I just make sure you and the little one are alright 'till ya get settled?" he said. "Was that her boy?"

9/4/2008 #12
Danielle Thamasa

She looked up at him. "I...I wouldn't want to trouble you, really." She glanced over at Emma's body then back again, blinking back tears. Slowly she nodded. "Yes."

9/4/2008 #13
Lee's ghost re-born

He nodded solemly. "It's goin' to be okay."

9/5/2008 #14
Danielle Thamasa

"How...how is it going to be okay? My little sister...is...is gone."

9/5/2008 #15
Lee's ghost re-born

He moved his arms out to offer a hug. "I don't know. It.. was my fault if only I hadn't been so bewildered I could of helped."

9/5/2008 #16
Danielle Thamasa

She looked at him. "How could you have helped?"

9/5/2008 #17
Lee's ghost re-born

He shook his head not knowing.

9/5/2008 #18
Danielle Thamasa

Her head fell into her hands as she tried to keep herself calm. She needed to get through this, for Mitchell.

9/5/2008 #19
Lee's ghost re-born

He watched her, unsure of what to do or say.

9/5/2008 #20
Danielle Thamasa

After a moment she looked at him. "I...I don't think I can raise Mitch by myself."

9/5/2008 #21
Lee's ghost re-born

"No," he simply said. "I'll make sure you got enough to live.."

9/5/2008 #22
Danielle Thamasa

"Why...why would you do that? You don't know me," she answered.

9/5/2008 #23
Lee's ghost re-born

"true but I can't let Emmie's sister go naked and hungry."

9/5/2008 #24
Danielle Thamasa

"It wouldn't be the first time," she commented. "It's Mitch I worry about. I need to keep working to support him, but I always had Emma to watch him while I was working. I...I can't leave him alone."

9/5/2008 #25
Lee's ghost re-born

He rubbed his chin, thinking. “I work for a family that imports flowers from Italy (most Families had a lageit trade as a cover-up) If you can think of a better one change it) I bet they could use extra help; they would certainly put you and the boy up.”

9/5/2008 #26
Danielle Thamasa

Rosie shook her head. "I...I really shouldn't impose like that. I know practically nothing about you...or this family you work for. It wouldn't be proper."

((Hey...do you want to make that other family??? I want to get back to RPing with Sammy))

9/5/2008 #27
Lee's ghost re-born

“Well why don’t I introduce you to them?” he said. “You’ll just have to put your trust in me.”

(Will get rolling! *blows balloons )

9/5/2008 #28
Danielle Thamasa

"How much trust should I put in someone I've just met?" she countered. "Someone whose name I don't even know?"

9/5/2008 #29
Lee's ghost re-born

"Geno," he said. "I just try to help people when they need it the most."

(How big (as far as children should I make it.)

9/5/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member