Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

((lol...in the last two of your posts Alan has done the same thing...smile and kiss Gemma's forehead.))

"You did make me happy," she answered. "And you still do. I love you."

8/14/2011 #781
Lee's ghost re-born

(Well, maybe he's extra affectionate today, I'm sure she doesn't mind. ;)

Alan pulled her tight against him. "I know you do, Gemma, I love you too." He could feel her heart against his and he shut his eyes.

8/14/2011 #782
Danielle Thamasa

"Alan...do you think we could go out for a walk or something? I need to get out of this hotel room."

8/14/2011 #783
Lee's ghost re-born

He nodded and curled his fingers around hers and they went out. He had that the view of the sun glistening off the Tiber River was supposed to be beautiful, epically at night. Maybe they would find a little café and wait till the sun started to sink, splashing its colors across the sky and then they could wander home until a ceiling of stars.

It the air was warm and not yet sticky, it was indeed too nice a day to stay inside.

He flashed his boyish grin and uttered the same pharse he had throughout this summer nights in Boston, "Whatever you want Gemma."

8/14/2011 #784
Danielle Thamasa

Gemma gave him a small smile and moved in as close to him as she could, even as they walked out of the hotel and into the streets of Rome.

8/19/2011 #785
Lee's ghost re-born

"Know any rooftop cafe's?" he asked, "We could just sit there until sunset."

8/19/2011 #786
Danielle Thamasa

She shook her head. "No cafes on a rooftop come to mind, but there is one by the Fontana di Trevi that is a nice place to sit."

8/19/2011 #787
Lee's ghost re-born

(There's a restuant called Fontana di Trevi in New Jersey, don't think that's the one lol.)

He nodded letting her lead him there, beads of sweat trickled down his neck. It was getting humid again.

8/19/2011 #788
Danielle Thamasa

((I wasn't talking about a restaurant, Lee. I was talking about a cafe located near the Trevi Fountain...in Italian the Fontana di Trevi.))

Gemma led him to a small cafe on the corner of the piazetta where the Trevi Fountain was located. Staring at the huge fountain always made Gemma forget about her troubles, even if only for a little while. "What do you think?"

8/19/2011 #789
Lee's ghost re-born

He looked around, adming the view across the street. "Its beautiful," he smiled.

8/19/2011 #790
Danielle Thamasa

"I love it here," Gemma said. "Someday I may even try to sketch it all."

8/19/2011 #791
J.A. Fletcher

Three weeks later, a ship docked off the coast of Italy. Seth discarded his satchel and the same way he had found himself aboard the ship, he found himself sneaking off. He had not been discovered in the three weeks he spent aboard that tramp steamer, amazingly enough. Where was he? This didn't look like Boston. Maybe it was New York.

He walked around, but saw that everyone was speaking in a strange tongue. Where in the devil was he? He saw a platform on one side of a large canal. He'd ask the ferry operator where he was. He poked the man's shoulder, and the big man with curly hair and a thick beard turned around.

"Si?"

"I want to go to Boston." Seth said.

"Che?"

"Boston!"

"Ciò che sono lei parlando di?"

Seth looked at the man in horror. Where was he? California?

"BOSTON!"

"Americano, si?"

It sounded like the man said American. Seth remembered the money that Jack had given him for movies, and as he had added, "hookers and booze". Seth pulled a quarter out of his pocket and handed it to the man. The ferryman inspected the coin, extended his hand for Seth to take. Seth took the man's hand and he helped the boy onto the ferry. Soon they were off, sailing up the canal.

8/19/2011 . Edited 8/19/2011 #792
Lee's ghost re-born

He nodded. "You should. It can't be so different then a city scene."

8/19/2011 #793
Danielle Thamasa

"But it is quite different from creating my clothing designs."

8/19/2011 #794
J.A. Fletcher

"Buh-bye, Sergio!" Seth cried as he stepped off the canal. He hadn't understood a word that the nice man had said, but he was in what the man had called Roma. He wondered if it had any connection to Rome, like in the movies. Probably not.

8/19/2011 #795
Lee's ghost re-born

He took a sip of water. "I know but just looking at it, I know you could draw this."

8/19/2011 #796
Danielle Thamasa

"You have so much faith in me. Sometimes it feels like you have more faith in me than I do in myself."

8/19/2011 #797
Lee's ghost re-born

"Well, you'll never know if you don't try."

8/19/2011 #798
J.A. Fletcher

Seth walked around for about twenty minutes when he realized that he had no idea where he was and no idea where he was going.

"HALP!" He cried at the top of his lungs. "HALP!"

8/19/2011 #799
Danielle Thamasa

She sighed. "You're right."

8/19/2011 #800
Lee's ghost re-born

He gently gave her hand a sqeeze as they waited to be served and glanced at the fountain.

8/26/2011 #801
Danielle Thamasa

((Hey, are you going to do anything with Aldo because I've been waiting for 17 days))

Gemma let out a deep breath. "After we find a place to live, I think I want to see if it would be possible to make a living as an artist. Everyone has said great things about my sketches so it is a possibility, right?"

8/28/2011 #802
Lee's ghost re-born

(Working on it!)

He squeezed her hand. "I know you could Gemma."

8/29/2011 #803
J.A. Fletcher

Seth sat down in a doorway and started to cry. He wept quietly with his knees hugged to his downturned chin.

"CUT!"

Clyde's head shot toward the director who had just called a finish on the scene. He stretched his arms out and yawned. Two days with barely an hour of sleep. Here he was in Rome, and all he wanted to do was go to sleep in his hotel room. He had gotten a job with Warner Brothers as a security guard, and had accepted a job to go film on location in Italy for a Bible picture. He had been truly excited about it. Hollywood had been as far as he had gotten from Boston, and here he was in Italy!

"Say, Barton." It was Swanson, another security guard who had been off enjoying the sights, probably from inside a brothel window. "You can take off now. I've got it."

"You sure?" Clyde asked, wondering if it was possible to leave so quickly that there would be a dust cloud that looked like him in his place.

"Sure, I'm sure." Swanson said.

"Alright." Clyde said, pulling on his coat. "I suppose I'll go see Italy. I'll be back at four."

"Fine with me." Swanson said.

Clyde left the set after signing out.

8/29/2011 #804
Danielle Thamasa

"Plus, as an artist I would also be home for our child," Gemma replied.

8/29/2011 #805
Lee's ghost re-born

He smiled at the thought, she'd be a fantastic mother he knew it. "Oh she'll be finger painting on the walls before long."

8/29/2011 #806
Danielle Thamasa

Gemma smiled. "So you think we are going to have a girl?"

8/29/2011 #807
Lee's ghost re-born

He nodded. He just couldn't see anything else coming out of the petite girl. She would have her mother's chestnut hair and it would bounce in little curls as she toddled after her. The girl would also have her mother's creative side, but she'd wish to dance or something like that.

"I'd bet on it," he smiled.

8/29/2011 #808
Danielle Thamasa

"It could be nice to have a little girl."

8/29/2011 #809
Lee's ghost re-born

"I know you'll be a good Mama," he smiled, before sipping a glass of water,

8/29/2011 #810
« Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member