Betas
This is a place for people that are looking for Betas and Betas that are looking for people....
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Watched
I'm available to beta work - pretty much anything really, although I do warn you that sci-fi/fantasy isn't my strong point. Have had a fair bit of experience with fanfiction (mainly slash) and a little experience with original fiction...

My e-mail is biro_and_compass@yahoo.com if you're interested. And I have no life, and therefore a relatively quick turnover time.

10/25/2006 #1
Marswrites
Thank you. I'll check into it. What gets you squicky?
10/28/2006 #2
The Watched
Very little, actually. I'm not a huge fan of very explicit, bizarre sexual kinks (ie f***...) but other than that, I'm good - slash, het, whatever.
10/28/2006 #3
Marswrites
Well you really wouldn't have to worry about that with me. Unless of course I get really really really bored or it's apart of the plot....but it's very doubtful
10/30/2006 #4
The Watched
Well, if you'd like me to beta for you, just drop me a line! Did I put my email address on here? I can't remember. It's biro_and_compass (at) yahoo (dot) com, though. :)
10/30/2006 #5
Limited Edition
I wonder, what is f***? XD

I'm also in need of a beta. If you're interested in what I write, do drop a line! Either here, in PM or email ^^

11/6/2006 #6
The Watched
Frankly, I can't bring myself to explain f***. All I will say is that it involves straws and gay men's bottoms, and could be likened to a homemade enema. Also, that it taught me an invaluable lesson about not reading things just to find out what it was that was mentioned in the warnings. If you want any more information (and believe me, you really, really don't) try Wikipedia; they've probably got some less-than-pleasant descriptions of it.

Anyway, as for the beta-ing, sure! Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you want beta-ing, what you want me to look at (ie plot, characterisation - only if there's anything in particular, mark you), and why I keep writing beating instead of beta-ing (Freudian slip, much?) and I shall be your slave forever.

I mean, beta.

*shifty eyes*

11/6/2006 #7
Marswrites
F***.....noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I get my new computer friday so by then I should be back to writing. I'll let you know by then hopefully and I like slaves...I mean betas.
11/8/2006 #8
The Watched
That's great. :) And I'd like to apologise to everyone who inadvertently read this topic and now knows more about f*** than anyone really should...sorry...
11/8/2006 #9
Forum Moderators: Marswrites
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member