Politics
Give me your most controversial issue.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Ashelin Efflorescence

Here's a topic: the president. I don't know much about politics, but with this whole war and the thing about gay marriage, I can say I'm not too fond of him. What do you guys think?

6/7/2008 . Edited 6/7/2008 #1
The Intelligent Designer
I rather dislike everything about his presidency.
6/7/2008 #2
Ashelin Efflorescence

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

-George Bush

Nuff said.

6/7/2008 #3
ONETRACKMlND

Personally, I think he's a scapegoat for the last few years, and the target for a biased mass newsprint. I've been living under his rule for almost all my memorable life, and I honestly don't think he's done a bad job. It's a bit more of a cultural divide. In the south, it's respectable to operate by your morals and principles rather than politics.

6/7/2008 #4
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Welll, I really don't like him. America has been in worse conditions, true. But this is still not exactly good. Though I still wonder.

7/2/2008 #5
All American Grl

I think you're pinning the problems on the wrong person the President can't do to much with out the consent of the Congress and Suprem Court. The quote mentioned earlier is true. we can't let terrorists walk over us we need to stamp them out and not let them bring another 9/11 to this country.

7/7/2008 #6
Ten ways to spoil dinner

That is true. And I really can't complain about our president. My parents have a saying. "If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain." I'm not even old enough to vote, so i can't complain.

7/7/2008 #7
The Intelligent Designer
Listen...the quote mentioned earlier? Ummm, how do I say this, AAG? I'd like you to re-read it, focusing especially hard on the last phrase or so. The bit about harming our own people? Yeah, the quote isn't about truth, it's about how stupid the president is, or at least, how well-spoken he is. Right.
7/7/2008 #8
Ten ways to spoil dinner

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

-George Bush

Nuff said.

Look at the part- They never stop thinking about ways to harm our country and our people, AND NEITHER DO WE.

I don't think he realy meant that, but he said it wrong. I think he meant we try to fight them (terrorists.). But I'm not entirely sure.

7/7/2008 #9
Ashelin Efflorescence

Of course I know he didn't MEAN it! I just thought it was funny.

7/10/2008 #10
Ten ways to spoil dinner

You're right. It is funny, but many things Bush has said are funny, even Bill Clinton has said funny things.

7/10/2008 #11
Ashelin Efflorescence

Yah. That quote just happened to be a favorite of mine.

7/10/2008 #12
ONETRACKMlND

@ The Intelligent Designer

What are your grounds for saying he's stupid?

7/10/2008 #13
Ashelin Efflorescence

Who said he was stupid?

7/10/2008 #14
Ten ways to spoil dinner

Listen...the quote mentioned earlier? Ummm, how do I say this, AAG? I'd like you to re-read it, focusing especially ** the last phrase or so. The bit about harming our own people? Yeah, the quote isn't about truth, it's about how stupid the president is, or at least, how well-spoken he is. Right.

If you read this quote, he does say that he is stupid.

7/10/2008 #15
Ashelin Efflorescence

Right. Ha, ha, I'm smart...

7/10/2008 #16
fromthemindofarrow

He has done the best he can with handling America with the situations at hand.

10/4/2008 #17
Sexymarine

And failed, Bush failed period. He screwed the economy screwed our military and our foreign relations. He deserves to be known as the worst president in history.

1/31/2009 #18
clandestinedownpour

although he is a fun scapegoat, and is more than affluent enough to attend (desperately needed) speech classes, he is not responsible for most of the problems facing the country.

5/31/2009 . Edited 5/31/2009 #19
All American Grl

Intelligent Designer,

If Obama had said the no one would notice because the news media is biased. Bush is a republican and that's the only reason he's treated the way he is. No one cared when Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia, but whenever Bush misspeaks it's everywhere and he's hammered for it. Enough said.

No doubt he misspoke, but you still understood his point. There's no need to tear a man apart because of an accident. Besides, half of Obama's mistakes haven't even been reported as far as I can tell.

So again I repeat myself. Bush made mistakes, yes. But he had to deal with a crumbling economy, terrorists, and a congress that wouldn't do anything to help him. I think he did the best he could considering his circumstances.

6/28/2009 #20
Sexymarine

Well ya see when your the POTUS you need to sound like the POTUS not like some hick from a country bar. Its one thing if you sound stupid once but after continually misspeaking and bumbling words you should probably try and fix it its not THAT big of a deal but still you should sound smart. Next SO WHAT if Obama bowed, he showed respect to another leader is that really that bad?

Yes Bush had to deal with a failing economy, which he made worse, terrorists, which he made worse, and congress which you guys gave clinton and he did just fine. Bush did his best and failed, no one wanted him to he simply did he took a job that was over his head and f*** it up. Its time for BOTH parties to stop b*** and m*** and pretending the whole thing is game of make the other party fail. And realize that unless they remove their hands from their a*** and their dicks from their hands the entire country will fail.

6/28/2009 #21
The Intelligent Designer
All-American Grl, simply stated, I agree with your last point completely. Bush did the best he could. Let me make it clear that I would never say that the former President did not love this country with everything he had. He was patriotic, and a somewhat charismatic leader. He did the best he could. But his best was nowhere near Barack Obama's best, Hillary Clinton's best, Colin Powel's best, his father's best, Reagan's best, JFK's best, Lincoln's best. His best is hovering somewhere between "not very good," and "terrible."
6/29/2009 #22
The Intelligent Designer
Quick vote for those who care. Delete this topic because talking about Bush's presidency is old news? Yea or Nay
6/29/2009 #23
Sexymarine

He kinda failed, he didn't know what he was doing.

6/29/2009 #24
Bambi Queen of the Off-Black

Yea. Delete this, it's way overdue

11/10/2009 #25
Forum Moderators: The Intelligent Designer
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member