Ask RainShadow2005
Readers tend to ask questions when they review my stories and, until now, I have always answered back as an Author's Note in the next chapter. Now, with forum capacities, readers will be encouraged to come here for Q&A's about my stories.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
RainShadow2005
Instead of responding to reviews on the review board or in Author's Notes, I will now respond to any questions in this forum, so everybody can see the answer but it doesn't slow down the story.

QUESTION FROM POST THREE - "Why doesn't the teacher report to the Social Services? Isn't that the law? That they have to report even suspected abuse cases?"

AUTHOR RESPONSE - Yes, you do have to. The thing is, Miss Dehn does report it, but only after mulling over it for a few days, wondering if she's doing the right thing. Up until that point, she hadn't thought it was so bad, but then she sees the kids at the hangout and her red flags get raised. The social services system does the best it can, but it still takes time since accusing someone of child abuse is a severe move. They have to get their ducks in a row before they charge into someone's house and do those things, because if they are wrong they could be sued. The problem is that, by the time social services gets to the point where they can send someone out to investigate, it's too late ... the kids have already run away. Just remember these two things. 1: I wouldn't have put that conversation in if it wasn't going to become a plot-point later on. 2: Since this story is told from Amanda's POV, everything that takes place away from her will not be shown in the story since she didn't witness it. Just because it's not in the story does not mean it didn't happen ... it just means that Amanda didn't see it happen. ;-)

Thanks for Reading,

RainShadow2005

10/23/2006 #1
Forum Moderators: RainShadow2005
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member