Good, Clean Fun
We all love some good, clean fun from time to time, I want to hear YOUR take on humor and how to keep it both clean and funny! Join whenever!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Poll
QUOTE FACEOFF! Which quote is funniest?
1 "Pete and Repeat fell out of a boat, ... wait ..." Me.
2 "Me grammar ain't worser." Beluga1, my bff.
3 "I am stealth, hear me roar!" My sister portraying her cat.
4 "You suck at life!" "You suck at your mom's life!" Two of my Friends.
5 "If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." My brother.
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon

Okay, so here are the rules.

1) You must supply a link in your post to the story (see below for instructions on how to do this).

2) Said story must be rated K-T.

3) Said story must be in the humor category (not just a sub-category, but the main category).

4) You cannot name one of your own stories (I don't want people advertising their stories here, I want to hear what is truly good.).

5) You must then tell why said story is funny/why it is a "Landmark" in the Humor category.

6) I am allowed to changed rules if I deem it necessary.

Have fun, and contact me if you have any problems with this!

Write on!

Pen.Dragon

6/25/2008 . Edited 9/9/2008 #1
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon

Here is the technical stuff for people (like me) who have to ask for advice when it come to computers:

To put a link in you have two options: the fancy way or the easy way.

The easy way: copy and paste the web address of the story of your choosing into your post.

The fancy way: write your post and pick the words you want to be your link, then highlight them and click on the symbol for eternity (If you don't know what that look's like or think it looks more like a three piece snaffle bit than an eternity symbol, just put your pointer over it and it should say "Insert/ edit link".). When you do this a box will pop up and you will have to copy and paste (or type if you want to complicate things) the web address into the box labeled "Link URL". Then if you want it really fancy you can put something in the box labeled "Title", this will be what everyone sees when they put their pointer over the link. ... Then his insert, it should be outlined in green.

But I don't care which way you do it (especially since I just learned how to do the link thing, so my directions might not be all that clear) I just want you to join in!

6/25/2008 . Edited 6/26/2008 #2
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon

So I'm gonna do the first one (although I'm sure anyone reading this is sick of me). So I choose "An experiment in Character Driven Plot" by R.E.D. the animator. I agree with the author that the title wasn't the most inspired thing since a hot dog on a stick, but the story will leave you begging for more ... literally. If you look at my review of the last chapter, I was desperate. Trust me, these stories are worth getting addicted to.

Now as to why they are funny ... good writing? Well, the thing is that um, the characters really just did cool stuff that always fit their profile, but it wasn't predictable. The plot usually was that each chapter would start with the characters in some sort of problem (or the situation would digress into it) and the characters would have to get out of it, but all the cliche characters just did what they ... well, would have if they existed (but not in a predictable way)! It always left me laughing, which is hard to do.

Write on!

Pen.Dragon

6/25/2008 . Edited 6/30/2008 #3
Beluga1

i have noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo clue what the heck i am doing .....

7/20/2008 #4
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon

Even though I gave you detailed intructions not only here but in person like 30x! ... Fine! I'll just say it again on like a ... 1st grade level. I think that's as far as I can dumb it down, sorry Beluga!!!!!

Okay, so I guess I'll call this the WAY EASY way:

1st: Click Reply or just follow that link I put in ... I think I got it right.

2: Pick a story (the story must be rated either K, K+, or T, meaning it cannot be rated M) (The story must be in the Humor catagory, not just a sub-category. This means that when you go to www.fictionpress.com and click on Humor (in the Fiction part) its somewhere in there.) (You also cannot name one of your own stories.).

3: Copy and paste the web address of the story (that means that you go to the story to get this, an example would be http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2450422/1/My_55word_Stories).

4: You then say why you liked this story, or what was funny about it.

5: Click Submit Reply, which is in the lower right-hand corner, just outside your reply.

6: PM me with tons of complaints about not getting how any of this works.

7: Enjoy!

7/20/2008 #5
Beluga1

The Handsome Hero by Double AA was really funny ..... yeah ..... um ..... i like things that don't make sense!!! it's kinda a story making fun of really old cliches and over-used plots http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2500769/1/The_Adventures_of_Handsome_Hero

9/7/2008 #6
The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon

Despite the fact that we both got the title wrong, when I told you that story would be a good one for this thread, that was a great reply, THANKS BELUGA!

So I'll do the next one, and I pick Five Afflictions of Online Fiction Writers by Mockingbyrd's Tune. It's hilarious because its true. It is written like a health bulletin or something, and it is basically a parody of ... us. Its tons of fun to read and figure out who's what ... and how dangerous their writing is ...

Write On!

Pen.Dragon

9/9/2008 . Edited 9/10/2008 #7
Forum Moderators: The.Wizard.Pen.Dragon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member