Myandrid
Just another forum. Anything goes, as long as you keep to the rules of the site.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Roman C Lee

Ok, this is a story telling game . . . that I have fun with, and so I decided to post a topic for it.

The purpose of this game is to "stretch imagination and learn the pattern of a story." I'm sure a bunch of you have played this before. Basically, what happens is: One person starts out the story, writes as much of it as they wish, but then they stop, and another must pick up the story and take it any way they wish, and so on. The object of the game is to finish the story with a: conflict, protagonist, antagonist, begining, middle, and end. *shrugs* But nothing's set it stone; we're just having fun here.

2/7/2009 #1
theredone1223

I love this game! I tried to do it at school but then someone stole the journal that we were using it in and I even put the rules inside, saying it couldn't leave a certain classroom...I'm in!

2/7/2009 #2
criti-sized

I've never done anything like this, but I'm in!

2/8/2009 #3
concerto49

Actually there was a movie like this - 3 directors - 1 to start, 1 in the middle and 1 to end. There's only a few loose rules and besides that they work separately and each except the first had to build on from what the one before set.

2/12/2009 #4
Roman C Lee

Huh, that's interesting. What a way to make a movie! It sounds like it must have been a lot of fun. I wonder what the end result was; do you know what movie it was?

Ah, but, anyways . . . I'll start.

Jessica Hide (Heed-eh) grew up in a somewhat dysfunctional home, though she did not find this to be very strange--the way she understood it, there weren't may homes that weren't dysfunctional. She had branded her home with such a negative word for one basic reason: her grandmother.

Jessica's grandmother had been living with her and her father since the "conclution" of the custody battle between Jessica's father and mother. Her grandmother was to be her support and makeshift parent, considering her lack of available mother and available-after-or-before-work father. But, in a way that someone must have foreseen, Jessica's grandmother made herself keeper of unhappiness in Jessica and her father's home. She distributed this unhappiness as she saw fit.

Jessica's grandmother had made Jessica her grand target, and the emotional ruin that her grandmother had made of her had become incredibly unstable in the recent months. One could suspect that at any moment in time, Jessica would unravel, and drown in her lack of self esteem.

(I purposefully named only Jessica.)

2/14/2009 #5
Forum Moderators: Roman C Lee theredone1223, M.R.Sanner
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member