ReviewMania
This forum is here to help you let others know about ficspoems you want R&Red. It can also be for just talking about writing in general.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
carrot101
Don't you ever wonder how music does that to you? How it just... takes a hold of your mind and relaxes it? Well, yeah... I know I'm weird for making this topic that doesn't have much to do with writing, but I just felt that there needed to be something about the magic of music and the wonders it does to people.

There are some songs that bring back memories of certain times, and it just makes me wanna go back... and forget all of my problems in life and just enjoy it while you're living in the moment. So, you can talk about anything music related here. I don't care what it is, just as long as it has something to do with with great MUSIC!!! :)

~ChuChu101

11/13/2006 #1
carrot101
Hmm... what kind of music do you guys like? Which aritists do you listen to?
11/13/2006 #2
carrot101
I listen to all kinds of stuff... mainly R&B, pop, and SOME rock. But I listen to a bunch of other stuff, too! Hmm, here are a list of artists I listen to:

JoJo, Vanessa Hudgens, Yellowcard, Green Day, Mariah Carey, Linkin Park, Nickelback, The Fray, Amy Diamond, Cascada, Maroon 5, Black-Eyed Peas, Utada Hikaru, Aly & Aj, Within Temptation, and LOADS more I can't think of at the moment.

11/13/2006 #3
Royal Bliss
So bored right now...

Hmm some bands I listen to:

Tool, Korn, System Of A Down, A Perfect Circle, Mastodon, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Nine Inch Nails, Mudvayne, Mnemic, Meshuggah, Mushroomhead, American Head Charge, Anthrax, Iced Earth, Static-x, Fear Factory, Ill NiƱo, Ra, Sublime, Sum 41, Grateful Dead... Three Days Grace and Papa Roach...

There's more but yeah. Mainly Rock and Metal. And a few guilty pleasures...

11/18/2006 #4
carrot101
Ha ha! That's one of the kinds of music I never listen to and HATE! Yeah, I just can't STAND metal heavy rock! It just bugs the hell outta me!
11/18/2006 #5
Royal Bliss
Ha ha! That's one of the kinds of music I never listen to and HATE! Yeah, I just can't STAND metal heavy rock! It just bugs the hell outta me!

Oh weird. I love that stuff hah. Well I can't really stand pop or soft-rock much so I guess we're even a little...

11/18/2006 #6
carrot101
Speaking of music, could you R&R my first song fic, "Tears of a Lost Girl"? I wrote it a while back and I'd appreciate some constructive criticism on it! :)
11/18/2006 #7
Royal Bliss
Sure let me look at it.
11/18/2006 #8
carrot101
Thanks for the review! I'm thinking of changing that part about the whole "don't come back to me" or "I love you" part...
11/19/2006 #9
Royal Bliss
Just get rid of the I love you part(s) or change it
11/19/2006 #10
carrot101
Yeah, I'll see how that'll work out...
11/19/2006 #11
carrot101
So, what are you guys' favorite songs right now? :)
11/21/2006 #12
carrot101
Just wondering what all of you guys are into music wise...
11/21/2006 #13
carrot101
This is one of my all-time FAVORITE songs ever! It's called, "Corner of the Sky". I'm sure some of you guys will love just from reading the lyrics:

Everything has its season

Everything has its time

Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme

Cats fit on the windowsill

Children fit in the snow

Why do I feel I don't fit in anywhere I go?

Rivers belong where they can ramble

Eagles belong where they can fly

I've got to be where my spirit can run free

Got to find my corner of the sky

Every man has his daydreams

Every man has his goal

People like the way dreams have

Of sticking to the soul

Thunderclouds have their lightning

Nightingales have their song

And don't you see I want my life to be

Something more than long....

So many men seem destined

To settle for something small

But I won't rest until I know I'll have it all

So don't ask where I'm going

Just listen when I'm gone

And far away you'll hear me singing

Softly to the dawn:

12/16/2006 #14
carrot101
If anyone is interested, it was written by Stephen Schwartz and if you wanna listen to it...

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/corner.htm

12/17/2006 #15
Absolut Hooliganism
I listen to a whole lot of musics, right now, though I am consistently listening to Sleater-Kinney.
1/5/2007 #16
Midnight In Eden
I listen to a whole lot of musics, right now, though I am consistently listening to Sleater-Kinney.

I saw them at Big Day Out last summer, they were absolutely awesome.

Right now Angus & Julia Stone are wowing me as are Yo La Tengo, The Rapture, The Chalets and for fun Lady Sovereign. Plus Peaches is always good for a laugh and a little naughty inspiration (Don't listen to her if you don't like sex.)

I definitely recommend all of the above artists.

1/10/2007 #17
Radio Saturday
I listen to a lot of different stuff, too, though right now it's been a lot of My Chemical Romance, Daryl Scairiot, Aiden, Clair De Lune and Nick Cave. I've been listening to more rocking stuff lately, though I also love bands like the Decemberists and Belle and Sebastian -- more folk-y, pop-y stuff. But I always listen to music while I write, and usually specific albums for specific stories.
2/15/2007 #18
The Ferrett
I love the music chats on this site. But every time I come into one tey're missing peoples. PEOPLES! AC/DC! Come on. It at least makes the top 50 even if you've never heard it. Oh and relating i to stories, I push a song through with every scene, though I eventually want one really sutable song per scene.
3/6/2007 #19
CountLuciferLeviathan
music, the beauty of music is like the nocturnal white rose that blooms. though i listen to black metal, death metal, and Gothic music. i hate the hip-hop culture and the music; though i hate a lot of things... anyways, i listen more metal from the European countries than here in the US. i don't know, i just like the melody and the poetry they write. you can check out my profile to see what bands i listen to, but one of my number one favorite band is: Cradle of Filth, i love that band.

-Lucifer Leviathan

3/6/2007 #20
Verbal Essence
Sage Francis is my god.

Lupe Fiasco is my other god.

And that's all I shall say for now.

3/18/2008 #21
Otseis Ragnarok
I tend to be a bit more eclptic in my tastes...

They range from Marylin Manson to Celine Dion and back at times...

Among those two, I also like Disturbed, Phil collins, Smashing Pumpkins, and an endless ammount of J-pop and J-rock...

I just thought it was interesting to say...

3/27/2008 #22
lael1bologna

hehe. I'm listening to music right now!

I randomly listen to Gummibar to annoy my friends, (but it doesn't infect my writing, just me)

I like a lot of fantasy music. :) It helps me write fantasy.

1/2/2009 #23
Forum Moderators: carrot101
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member