SCIFI NATION ROLEPLAY
The new scifi nation rp
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Marinus

Very good, Mindwarp! I'm impressed. Might I suggest, though, making the names a little larger and labelling the Galactic Senate? It's just a blob of yellow at the moment.

5/27/2008 #31
Andarius

udj? whats that supposed to be?

5/27/2008 #32
Marinus
United Detech Judiciary
5/27/2008 #33
Andarius

I feel like an idiot, lol

5/28/2008 #34
AspenIvan

lol. Don't worry. And mindwarp, I belive Galerii is somewhat, if not significantly smaller. It only has one system, 5 planets.

5/29/2008 #35
crazyconnorthepossumdestroyer

add me to the map.

6/2/2008 #36
AspenIvan

By the way, the map for the Old Nations RP is WAY more detailed and accurate than our galactic map. Why?

6/6/2008 #37
Marinus

Smaller scale for the Nations RP. There you can include mountains and rivers and stuff. We're at the galactic scale here.

Plus the fact that (to my knowledge) aside from me no-one mentioned any outstanding spatial features of their nation (Rose's Arbour nebula)

Oh, and that the map is still in development. I think MW is going to include quasars, magnetars and so forth in a later edition.

6/7/2008 #38
AspenIvan

Nice.

6/7/2008 #39
KrossVD

So now the HSA technically control three different planets in three different systems. Primus, Atrumus, and now Madidus.

6/9/2008 #40
awilla the hun

I wouldn't say that. All the world at arms cometh towards Atrumus, and I suspect that they will be shocked.

Translation to l33t language ((a mysterious dialect from the distant past, which I suspect is logged on HSA files as untranslatable to this day)): Teh Isai will have teh pwnage lololololol.

6/10/2008 #41
Mindwarp

no no no! That's entirely wrong! It's 73|-| 1z4-/ \/\/|11 |-|4\/3 73|-| p\/\/|\|4g3 10101010101.

6/10/2008 #42
awilla the hun

It has a variant, it seems.

6/10/2008 #43
Marinus

They're both pretty incomprehensible.

6/10/2008 #44
AspenIvan

Indeed.

6/14/2008 #45
Andrew Keith

Except they're equally comprehensible.

6/21/2008 #46
AspenIvan

At an equally low level, which would be considered incomprehensible.

6/21/2008 #47
Andrew Keith

But they aren't incomprehensible. As I could read a statement out of both, deeming them comprehensible.

6/21/2008 #48
AspenIvan

YOU could, but the majority of people could not, deeming the text incomprehensible to the majority of people, more generally known as just "incomprehensible."

6/21/2008 #49
Andrew Keith

But it only takes one to deem it comprehensible.

6/22/2008 #50
AspenIvan

So, it is comprehensible to one, but not to others. Thus, it is semi-comprehensible.

6/22/2008 #51
Andrew Keith

There is no semi-comprehensible. Either comprehensible or incomprehensible.

6/22/2008 #52
AspenIvan

Says you. I suppose the more accurate term would be "sometimes comprehensible."

6/22/2008 #53
KrossVD

I'm sorry, but I can't find the most recent map, if someone wouldn't mind posting the latest link?

9/12/2008 . Edited 9/12/2008 #54
Endless Autumn

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/Galacticmap2.jpg

thats the latest one I think, I know how to make text boxes in word now, so I'm gonna start on my own I think.

9/14/2008 #55
KrossVD

ty

9/15/2008 #56
Endless Autumn

Lavender Border: One system, three inhabitable planets, five uninhabitable, two gas giants.

10/1/2008 #57
Mindwarp

Hey guys, I know you won't believe this, but I've renovated the map. Here's the link:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/LimsatMMORPG/Galacticmapadvanced.jpg

You'll notice a few differences with this one:

- All the inactive powers have been wiped off the Galaxy.

- Some planets and powers have been moved or edited slightly.

- Survaek has been compacted, as talking with Aspen has left me with the impression that Survaek's colonization pattern moves out slowly and focuses on terrraforming.

- As Isai is now only claimed by Survaek, it is marked a Survaek planet and has extended their territorial claim.

- The Crimson Nebula and Tashar Empire are included.

Now I need your help, because we have a lot of operational nations without map info, so please, tell me color and placement. We have a lot of colors now reopen for claim (you'll notice I took dark green), so grab your choice while you can.

5/6/2009 . Edited 5/6/2009 #58
AspenIvan

Why does the Detech Judiciary cover more area than either Survaek or the Siridar Imperium?

It is true that Survaek expansion moves out slowly, but it still moves out. Survaek has more planets than the Detech, as does the Imperium.

However, if the case is that the Detech don't terraform and thus have an average less than 1.5 or so liveable planets per system, then it is understandable that they would cover greater area than Survaek. But more than the Siridar Imperium?

5/7/2009 #59
Mindwarp

The Detech also occupy the gap between two stellar arms, where the distance between stars is extremely large. The Siridar Imperium, by contrast, is located in the middle of the galaxy where there are lots of stars. So essentially, the Detech own more empty space.

5/7/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Andarius Marinus
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member