Civil War RPG
Come play as historical or original Civil War characters as Union and Confederate forces clash in late 1864 to decide the fate of Grant’s Overland campaign and Richmond. To arms men, to arms!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Tatianolishka

A pond close to the edge of town - more like a lake, per se.

8/6/2009 #1
Lee's ghost re-born

They ran tru the bushes until they came to it and he sat by the water.

8/9/2009 #2
Draseria

Caroline brushed a few spare leaves from the bushes off her skirts. She then took a seat beside Auggie.

"Do you come here often?" she asked as she smoothed a wrinkle out of her skirt.

8/11/2009 #3
Lee's ghost re-born

"Yeah," he said.

8/11/2009 #4
Draseria

Caroline smiled at the boy. Why would he come here so often, though? she wondered. It was nice, she had to admit that, but there was town and he could be a drummer boy if he tried and there was so much more than this place. Maybe it held something special to him, a fond memory or something of the sort. Of course now she was just confusing herself. It wasn't her job to ponder another person's life, at least that's what she thought. She turned and smiled at Auggie. "Why?"

1/25/2010 #5
Lee's ghost re-born

"Its peaceful, everybody in town is all debating the war, and here its just the sounds of land.."

1/25/2010 #6
Draseria

Caroline gazed at the pond. She hadn't thought of that. She was so accustomed to life as a daughter of the regiment and being a civilian that she guessed she had just forgotten what peaceful life was. She turned back to Auggie. "Have you always lived in town?" she asked.

1/25/2010 #7
Lee's ghost re-born

"Mhm," he repled

1/25/2010 #8
Draseria
Caroline stared at the boy. He was rather quiet, and his monosyllabic answers were only adding to her little scraps of evidence on his personality. She was easily becoming convinced that he was rather shy and enjoyed quiet surroundings. She determined that she liked that in him. Now she was at a loss for words to say, though. It was rather frustrating to her, to be without something to say. She had always been taught to not stop conversation, to not leave things open-ended. Still, quiet was nice. Maybe she could let it slide for once.
1/25/2010 #9
Lee's ghost re-born

He patted the grass beside him. "Do you wanna sit?"

1/25/2010 #10
Draseria
((*points at post near top* I thought she already was...Oh well)) "Sure," she said softly as she took a seat beside Auggie. She followed his gaze to the pond and sighed. Nothing was ever this pretty outside the camp. She wondered where she would go now that her father was dead. Probably go back to working with the regiment. ((I'm texting at the same time I'm writing this. Multitasking is hard...))
1/25/2010 . Edited 1/25/2010 #11
Lee's ghost re-born

(I planed to go to bed a hour ago lol)

Auggie gently placed an arm around her. He prepared to be slapped. :O)

1/25/2010 #12
Draseria

((I wrote that last post from my phone. Epic failage....anyways, prepare to be rejected.))

Caroline didn't know what to think. She looked at Auggie, astonished that he would take such and action. Suddenly she shoved his arm off her and stood up. She was speechless and somewhat confused. She had thought him to be a shy, quiet boy. Well, she had obviously been mistaken. She stormed off in a huff.

1/26/2010 #13
Lee's ghost re-born

"Wait!" he said running after her.

1/26/2010 #14
Draseria

"Why?" she yelled back. "What do you think I am? Some city girl with no values?"

2/5/2010 #15
Forum Moderators: Lee's ghost re-born Scottish Princess, DaCivilWarBear, Tatianolishka
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member