Civil War RPG
Come play as historical or original Civil War characters as Union and Confederate forces clash in late 1864 to decide the fate of Grant’s Overland campaign and Richmond. To arms men, to arms!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Lee's ghost re-born

Tehe. Yeah, just look at Shelby Foote! Hooray!

7/7/2008 #31
DaCivilWarBear

I love Shelby Foote! Yay for historian actually making money off his books!

7/7/2008 #32
Tatianolishka

Becoming a shut-in is better than going outside where the world has no idea what you're talking about. *thumbs up*

7/7/2008 #33
Lee's ghost re-born

Yeah. That guy could really tell a story. (See youtube vid in info) I hope I can be half as good as he was.

7/7/2008 #34
DaCivilWarBear

I convinced my two little cousins to wear my Confederate and Union forage caps to our 4th of July parade...I got some very strange looks. Very strange, indeed...(especially since the one with the Yankee kepi wanted to sit in the shade and so the one with the Reb cap was out standing in the street...)

7/7/2008 #35
Lee's ghost re-born

I walked into a Quicktrip in millwake in my uniform and it was full of black guys. Needless to say that was real fast food. :D

7/7/2008 #36
DaCivilWarBear

LOL! Yeah, my poor cousin got some dirty looks from the Pentecostal Church float that went by.

7/7/2008 #37
Lee's ghost re-born

Mike friend mike got called a murder, some old lady told her granddaughters to "Piss on that red flag over there."

7/7/2008 #38
DaCivilWarBear

There's a guy in my class that I constantly argue with, since he's really big into military history, and once we were arguing in Bible class about whether doctors in the Civil War used mostly morphine or opium as painkiller (I was for morphine, and he was for opium) and our classmates decided that we're going to get married and name our kid Ulysses, since his last name is Grant...one of the most mortifying moments of my life. Very funny, though! :)

7/7/2008 #39
Lee's ghost re-born

Ahhahaa! Sounds like me and MMOD over Able sometimes..

7/7/2008 #40
DaCivilWarBear

:D!

7/7/2008 #41
Lee's ghost re-born

So i'm gonna me the mead admin and say no more chating in C&B. MOOWhhha!

7/7/2008 #42
DaCivilWarBear

*cries and obeys sadly* Yas, massah.

7/7/2008 #43
Lee's ghost re-born

Good Igore.

7/7/2008 #44
DaCivilWarBear

((*gasps in offended manner* Why, sir, you do me a great dishonor!))

Name: Thrasher "Thrash" Clemens

Sex: Male

Job in respective group: Reb drummer boy

Weight: 100

Height: 4'6"

Hair color: Sandy blonde

Eye color: Light grey

Physical description: Thrash is a small boy, severely deprived of food at the height of a growth spurt. He is a quiet, mournful-looking boy, though he enjoys drumming and fifing for his regiment. He is thin and rather wan, but used to be adorable before the war. Flashes of his boyish cuteness are evident sometimes, and he was used in the past to get food from farms for the soldiers by fluttering his pale lashes at the women.

EDIT: Now, however, Thrasher has taken a place at the Webber house, where he has shot up like a sapling under Carrie Lou Webber's tender care. He has filled out to a healthy weight, and his big grey eyes are no longer sad. His youthful cuteness has returned, despite the fact that he is still small for his age.

Background: His father, Sam Clemens, was a corporal in the regiment and took Thrash with him. But Sam was killed in late 1863, and now Thrash is all alone, though the soldiers look at him as their little brother. He is almost never seen without the red squirrel he found and tamed in '62, Pip, sitting on his shoulder.

EDIT: Due to an unfortunate incident involving the Webbers' cow, Thrasher found himself being tended to by Carrie Lou Webber. A severe but short-lived battle with scarlet fever solidified his place in the old house and Carrie Lou's heart. She gave him a warm bed, three square meals a day, and a mother's love, and in return, he adores her to no end. He now enjoys romping in the yard with Thomas Marino or the numerous animals that call the Webber property home. Carrie Lou has begun teaching him to read and write, and he is immensely proud of his progress.

Weapon(s): None, unless you count his drum and fife.

7/7/2008 . Edited 9/30/2008 #45
DaCivilWarBear

DIED OF WOUNDS SUSTAINED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE

Name: Sergeant Edgar "Eddie" or "Pig-Ear" Oke

Job in respective group: Reb cavalry sergeant

Weight: 160

Height: 6'2"

Hair color: Dark brown

Eye color: Blueish-grey

Physical description: Eddie Oke is a tall, thin young man with a quiet but rather gruff manner and lips that always seem to be smiling at something. A dark mustache over his mouth makes him appear much older than he really is, and his ears are rather pink, gaining him the goodnatured nickname "Pig-Ear" from his fellow soldiers. He enjoys being with people, but won't talk too much and tends to come across grumpy. His legs are long and they carry him rapidly over the ground wherever he goes. He looks silly on a horse, but is in the cavalry anyway.

As a soldier, he is brisk and carries out orders to the letter. He's a good leader, for his commands are given in a frightening bark, but his men know his love of fun and jokes. He was promoted after Shiloh to corporal, and takes his rank as sergeant very seriously. But girls fluster him, which in turn makes him grumpy...he's frightened away many a lonely maid this way.

Background: Eddie is a Tennessee farm boy who joined the Reb army the day his state seceded. He had a sweetheart early in the war, but her interest in him petered out in late '61, and she has since married. Eddie was hurt, and though he has a warm heart it's now hard for him to express his feelings around others. He was promoted to sergeant after Chancellorsville. His horse, a big grey gelding, is named Kane after the town that Eddie is from.

Weapon(s): a .44 cal. Kerr revolver, a model 1859 Sharps carbine, and a cavalry sword his father used in the Mexican War.

7/8/2008 . Edited 8/14/2008 #46
Tatianolishka

Controlled by eyes-of-a-hawk

Name: Corp. Adam Devon (aka James Caine)

Job in respective group: Infantry, Union soldier

Weight: 210

Height: 6'2

Hair color: Brown

Eye color: Blue

Physical description: Adam has the eeriest similiarity to the James Caine, a soldier in his company who was killed on the line of duty. Her has curly, shoulder-length brown hair that's been cropped short at his ears. He's tall and muscular, with blue eyes that shine in the light. He's got a tough air about him, and if he ever smiles it shows his teeth and immediately brightens when he's laughing.

Personality: Adam is a very serious person. He feels very deeply about the Union army and will fight for it until he dies. But he also has a raging temper and a mean streak a mile wide. He is a cruel, cold-hearted man, and bears hardly any similarity to James Caine.

Background: Born in Virginia, Adam enlisted with the Yankees despite his parents' plea to fight with the confederates. His younger sister, coincedentally named Katherine, believed in him and his cause and he left. It was there he met James Caine, a corporal by now in his company and became fast friends. When James was killed at Gettysburg, Adam felt the duty to find his friend's family and tell them how he died a hero. His regiment was then sent to defend the town this RPG takes place in, and, in the midst of battle, gets hit in the head with a rifle butt. Dazed and amnesiac, he tells a nurse that his name is James Caine.

Weapon(s): Any weapons he had were confiscated during his run-in with the enemy.

7/8/2008 . Edited by DaCivilWarBear, 8/29/2008 #47
Tatianolishka

Name: Jenny Walsh

Sex: Female

Job in respective group: Civillian Nurse

Weight: 162

Height: 5'4

Hair color: Blonde

Eye color: Blue

Physical description: A young girl with an average prettiness to her, Jenny is slender with peaceful blue eyes that get a storm behind them when someone teases her. Her hair, though usually tied up under a snood or a bonnet liked to tumble down in curls occasionally.

Personality: Jenny tries to be good, having done well in school and not skipping any classes (except that one time with Cross...). She does have a side of her that doesn't want to be underestimated, and if somebody says she can't do something 'cause she's a girl, she'll prove them wrong in a heartbeat.

Background: Born in Virginia, Jenny grew up with Jack Cross as her best friend & confidante. After he enlisted, she became a nurse to assist with the war. After her father passed away in '64, she decided that the best thing to do was to move up to Richmond.

Weapon(s): None

7/9/2008 . Edited 7/10/2008 #48
Lee's ghost re-born

That's Jenny alright. Her dad would have died in 64 though.

7/10/2008 #49
Tatianolishka

Yay, approval! Fixed the date.

7/10/2008 #50
Scottish Princess

Name: Faith Marinos

Sex: Female

Job in respective group: Farm girl.... mother

Weight: 140 or more(at the moment)

Height: 5'4"

Hair color: Auburn

Eye color: Hazel

Physical description: Of average height and weight(normally), Faith is your typical farm girl, tanned from years in the sun and with a bit of muscle built up as well. She's normally rather thinly built(not too thin, mind you), but at the moment she's extremely pregnant and looks like she has a watermelon in her stomach. She normally wears the typical dress of the day, but she can't fit into her usual clothes at the moment and has resorted to wearing skirts and overly large shirts and a bulky cloak to cover it all and make it less noticeab;e to the public that she's expecting.

Personality: Faith is rather shy, especially around strangers(more specifically men), and when she's in an uncomfortable situation, she will most likely not say a thing. But just because she doesn't say something, doesn't mean she's not paying attention to what people are saying. Oftentimes she just doesn't know what to say so she won't say anything. Despite being shy, Faith is very artistic and caring and would give away everything she had if it meant that someone else could live a little easier.

Background: She and her brother, Chance, were the only survivors of a wagon train and were raised by two separate families. When Faith was about fifteen, she decided that she didn't want to live with her adoptive family anymore and left their house to travel around. She was living in the South when the war broke out and when she was traveling, she went right by a battle and nearly got herself killed. On a lighter note... she just had a wonderful little son named Thomas. Thomas's father is James Richardson.

Weapon(s): None, she can use a rifle when it's necessary

7/10/2008 . Edited 7/16/2008 #51
Lee's ghost re-born

Name: James Richardson

Sex: M

Job in respective group: Lt. in Confederate Cavalry

Weight: 112

Height: 5’5

Hair color: dark brown

Eye color: green

Physical description: Medium height, bread.

Background and basic personality: Was born in New York and left home to join the CS army insatnd of going to colloge like his father wanted. Is what’s known as a copperhead- A northern fighting for the South.

Weapon(s): Colt mode 1861, saber, and captured Spencer rifle.

:

7/10/2008 #52
DaCivilWarBear

Name: Sergeant Buster Forgue

Job in respective group: Reb cavalry sergeant

Weight: 208

Height: 5’7

Hair color: Gingery brown, almost orange but not quite

Eye color: Light blue

Physical description: Forgue is a stocky Irishman, through and through. His long whiskers often get in his food but he doesn't mind. He is rather thick around the middle, despite the lack of decent food, for he's a charmer and can usually get a good meal from the women in towns the regiment passes through. He also likes his drink, and it's left a good amount around his middle. Has a thick Irish brogue.

Background and basic personality: Came over from Ireland on request from his brother Seamus, a cavalry major. Joined the cavalry regiment immediately after Sumter in '61 as a private. Was promoted to corporal after Manassas and then sergeant after Chickamauga. Forgue is a good man with a warm heart, though he likes to hide the fact in ribald jokes and loud cussing, which entertain the men on a regular basis. Neither of them will admit it, but Forgue and Eddie Oke are fast friends.

Weapon(s): model 1860 Sharps carbine, a British Tranter touble-trigger pistol

7/11/2008 . Edited 8/14/2008 #53
DaCivilWarBear

I hereby claim James "Pete" Longstreet's soul. There.

7/11/2008 . Edited 7/11/2008 #54
Tatianolishka

Died in Battle *cries*

Name: Private Aaron Smythe

Job in respective group: Infantry, Union Army

Weight: 160

Height: 5'9

Eye color: Hazel

Physical description: Tall and lanky, Aaron's a fairly handsome young man but looks younger than his age suggests. No much muscle, but tough enough to fight. One scar on his arm from an early battle, nothing that interesting.

Background: Having lived in New York most of his life, Aaron's family was torn apart by the war. His father and younger brother chose the Confederate side, while he chose the Union side. He left his mother and has fought since the summer '63. He met his brother on the battlefield and was forced to kill him, an event that's changed his life forever.

Weapon(s): Colt Army Model 1860, Rifle

7/11/2008 . Edited 10/8/2008 #55
DaCivilWarBear

Name: Colonel Samuel "Sam" ((Watkins! XD!)) Barron

Job in respective group: Yankee infantryman

Weight: 205

Height: 6'5"

Hair color: Dark brown, almost black

Eye color: Brown, with green flecks

Physical description: Colonel Barron is the ideal image of an army man: fit, tall, broad-shouldered, and mustachioed. He's been told he holds resemblance to General George McClellan, but slimmer and taller. He has thick dark hair that hardly ever seems out-of-place, and he simply radiates quiet confidence.

Background: Barron comes from a wealthy Baltimore family, and he attended Virginia Military Institute in the late 1840s as a cadet, then transferred to West Point. His father was a decorated colonel in the Mexican War, and his strong "fightin' blood" has since been passed to Barron. Barron is a newly-promoted colonel, and though he has several well-publicized successes under his belt, his regiment is yet untried. He has a wife at home and two young daughters, ages 8 and 10, of whom he is uncharacteristically proud of, carrying their daguerrotypes in his breast pocket. His wife is a devout Catholic, and though Barron has more Protestant leanings, he carries her rosaries on his person at all times. He seems impenetrable, but anyone who grows to know him will discover the scholarly family man inside.

Weapon(s): Colt pistol, model 1862; shining silver saber.

7/11/2008 . Edited 8/14/2008 #56
DaCivilWarBear

Name: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Job in respective group: Union general

Weight: 180

Height: 6'

Hair color: Light brown

Eye color: Dark blue

Physical description: (look at my avvie or go to http://www.brotherswar.com/General_Joshua_Lawrence_Chamberlain.jpg) Lawrence, as he is called by his brother, is a very scholarly-looking man, with a thick, well-groomed walrus mustache. Described by acquaintances as handsome, almost boyishly so. He is tall and clean-cut, and his eyes are gentle and quiet.

Background: Lawrence was a professor at Bowdoin College in Maine before the war, as well as a Phi Beta Kappa scholar and a fluent speaker of 7 languages. When the war starts, he asks the college to allow him to enlist, but it refuses, so he applies for and is granted a sabbatical to study in Europe in 1862. Rather than travel to France, however, he enlists in the Union army and receives a commission in the 20th Maine Volunteers. His first major battle is Fredericksburg, where, trapped on the battlefield overnight, he piles corpses around him to absorb the constant barrage of Rebel gunfire. In 1863, now-colonel Chamberlain commands his Maine men on the extreme left flank of the Union line at Gettysburg. He and his men hold the Rebels back from Little Round Top for two straight days, once resorting to a foolish but extremely effective bayonet charge. He is slightly wounded but recovers quickly.

Chamberlain eventually receives the Congressional Medal of Honor for his bravery and strength in command at Little Round Top, for his firm resistance to Rebel advances allows the Union to hold the high ground and therefore win the battle of Gettysburg. In August of 1863 he is given a brigade to command, but shortly thereafter is so seriously wounded that he is not expected to live. But he recovers to lead his men in many more major victories.

He has a wife, Fanny, and a few children at home in Maine.

((Yes, that was all from memory, with a little help from Michael Shaara's "The Killer Angels."))

Weapon(s): A gold and silver embossed sabre, a model 1863 Colt revolver, and a filigree fountain pen.

7/13/2008 . Edited 8/5/2008 #57
Lee's ghost re-born

Name: Thomas Francis Meagher

Job in respective group: Union General

Weight:?

Height: Tall

Eye color: Green

Physical description: Rather tall, his figure demands respect.

Background and basic personality: Was born in Waterford Ireland. Spent most of his life in Jesuit and English schools as a result, he spoke with "a Saxon accent" He barely escaped execution by the crown for being a head member of the Young Ireland movement. He fled to the US and became the capt. Of the New York 69th militia. After the Battle of First Bull Run he set out to fulfill his dream of creating a Brigade of Irish soldiers.

Weapon(s): Sword

7/15/2008 #58
Lee's ghost re-born

(So scotty I decided to make that character after all; let me know if I should change anything

Name: Sam Carter

Job in respective group: CSA cav. Sergeant

Weight: 150

Height: 5’5

Hair color: black

Eye color: blue

Physical description: Has a small scar down his check from when he was blown off his horse at Gettysburg on last day.

Background and basic personality: Faith’s long time childhood friend. He has played the big brother role while she was growing up. Often even now, tries to protect her. Takes everything in life with a shot of humor. When he is around guys that are interested in Faith he tries to scare them by telling them about a fictional fiery relationship they had had together. He often tells the guy with a smirk, “You do anything I tried I’ll kill ya.” He has many names for Faith including, hun, kido, Fay, darlin and fanny (not like the name, but the butt.) Is James’ best friend since James was conscripted aka drafted in 63. Is married to another childhood friend, Ella, who lives in Richmond and has one on the way.

Weapon(s): Saber, pistol.

7/20/2008 #59
Woodstock1330

Name: William Sherrerd McCaity Hale

Sex: male

Job in respective group: Sergeant, Infantry Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

Weight: 157

Height: 5’9”

Hair color: dark blond

Eye color: cornflower blue

Physical description: Though on the short side, he is broad shouldered, with strong limbs given to exercise and activity. He’s handsome, knows it, and uses it to his advantage whenever possible—a flash of his smile can get him out of almost anything. He has a small scar on his left cheekbone, and a large one on his mid-chest, both sustained at Gettysburg.

Background and basic personality: William was born on his father’s tobacco plantation, St. James Plantation, in the Southern Piedmont region of Virginia, the last of five children. The Hale’s had been locked in a bitter blood-feud with another prominent family, The Marshall’s, for nearly fifty years—no one could quite remember why. When Will was thirteen his elder brother ran off with one of the Marshall girls; a two-day battle ensued, culminating in a midnight attack from the Marshall’s on St. James, destroying both families almost down to a man. William’s mother took her three remaining children and moved to her Sister’s House in Richmond.

He attended Harvard, where he studied law, and became well acquainted with abolition. He was into his third year of college when war broke out and Virginia seceded from the Union. Torn between his loyalties to his family and the south, and his new beliefs, Sherrerd felt stuck. He returned to Richmond and after much pressure from his family and others, joined the Infantry. He proved himself courageous, if sometimes reckless in battle, and, being well liked by his fellow soldiers, rose quickly through the ranks, after he reached Sergeant however he declined any higher rank.

Will was raised to be every inch the southern gentleman; gallant, genteel, polite, and quick to laugh but even quicker to aggression. He enjoys anything competitive or physical; from wrestling to horse racing, he hates to sit still and is always up to something. He loves to gamble, and it should be noted that he usually wins too.

Weapon(s): 1858 Enfield Rifle and bayonet, 1860 colt revolver

7/23/2008 . Edited 7/25/2008 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Lee's ghost re-born Scottish Princess, DaCivilWarBear, Tatianolishka
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member