Civil War RPG
Come play as historical or original Civil War characters as Union and Confederate forces clash in late 1864 to decide the fate of Grant’s Overland campaign and Richmond. To arms men, to arms!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
DaCivilWarBear

((Me, too! *headdesk*))

Chamberlain shook his head slowly. "No, son...no."

8/6/2008 #91
Draseria

"Well, sir, I guess I should be getting back. My-" Charlie stopped. Nobody was expecting him back at his tent and he knew, so why did he want to get back? His mind was racing in all different directions and he felt more depressed than usual.

8/6/2008 #92
Tatianolishka

Aaron was beginning to feel restless. He was growing tired of being trapped in the camp week after week. There was no reason to leave, no family to visit, so he was stuck where he was. He glanced around and muttered to himself "We won't be winning much unless we get our asses in gear."

He waved himself away and slumped down on a crate.

8/9/2008 #93
Draseria

Charlie noticed another soldier on a crate muttering to himself. He decided to see what was happening with him. He strode up to the boy and introduced himself.

"Umm, hi. I'm Charlie Baker."

8/9/2008 #94
Tatianolishka

Aaron glanced up and nodded.

"Private Smythe." he greeted, getting up. "Call me Aaron."

His bones cracked from misuse and neglect, but he managed to put on a smile and hld out his hand.

8/9/2008 #95
Draseria

Charlie shook Aaron's hand. "So, how long have you been here?"

(I love that picture! It's really pretty!)

8/9/2008 #96
Tatianolishka

(Thanks! It's my fave of her.)

Aaron shrugged.

"Not long." he admitted. "Six months maybe? And you?"

8/9/2008 #97
Draseria

"I dunno. A few years, maybe. I lost count..." Charlie scratched his head. It really had been awhile...

8/9/2008 #98
Tatianolishka

Aaron nodded.

"What's your rank?" he asked. A few years would've meant he was better than a Private...

8/9/2008 #99
Draseria

"Still a private. I've never done anything really special," Charlie replied. It was strange actually. Probably because he was so quiet in drills and battles. Maybe he needed to show that he could be a good soldier....

8/9/2008 #100
Tatianolishka

He nodded.

"Same." he admitted. "I'm just an ornery sunofabitch. Commander's always telling me to shut up and get back in line."

He chuckled and reached for a cigarette.

8/9/2008 #101
Draseria

"Me and my father just joined to get my uncle's home state back into the Union. We weren't to keen to fight real hard for it. I never quite liked that uncle. My mother just wanted us to get that darned state back," Charlie said. Well, he did have something to fight for now, but he didn't have the drive to fight for it now. He was still so depressed from his father's disappearance.

8/9/2008 #102
Tatianolishka

((ack, it's so difficult to go from sappy war bride (Kath) to jaded soldier (Aaron). lol))

Aaron nodded.

"Conscripted." he said. "My brothers went for the South though; I was the only Union boy my Mama had."

8/9/2008 #103
Draseria

"That's not good. Well, that's what this war has done to families. It's split them apart." Charlie found a glint of happiness inside. His family was lucky; they had not been split, just dedicated to bringing their uncle's state back.

8/10/2008 #104
Tatianolishka

Aaron nodded, pulling out a cigarette with his head bowed. His kepi almost fell off his messy brown hair, but he managed to put it back on.

"No kidding." he chuckled. "It's even worse when you meet them on the battlefield."

His hazel eyes took on a distant look, remembering the look in his little brother's eyes when he pulled the trigger.

8/10/2008 #105
Draseria

"Did... did that ever happen to you?" Charlie asked, curious.

8/11/2008 #106
Tatianolishka

Aaron glanced up, then shrugged as if no longer meant anything to him.

"Yeah." he admitted. "Long time ago."

8/11/2008 #107
Draseria

Charlie was appalled. How could anyone just shrug off such an experience? He knew that he would have been traumatized if he ever went through anything like that.

"Well, I hope it doesn't happen to you again," he finally said.

8/11/2008 #108
Tatianolishka

"Oh, it won't." he assured with a nod, taking in some of his cigarette. "Trust me, it won't. I'm the only one still fighting now."

8/11/2008 #109
Draseria

"I...I'm sorry." Charlie knew that sympathy was not going to help this guy, but he couldn't figure out anything else to say.

(*headdesk* writer's block!)

8/11/2008 #110
Tatianolishka

(Same! Ugh... too much scripting.)

Aaron shrugged.

"Don't be." he said. "War's like that. It'll rip ya to pieces. You've just gotta stand by your country... or state, in this case."

8/11/2008 #111
Draseria

"Well, I guess I'm gonna head back to my tent. I'll talk to you later," Charlie said. This guy was making him a little uncomfortable with his emotionless talk.

8/11/2008 #112
Draseria

(After the battle)

Charlie trudged back into the Union camp. His face was smudged with dirt and scars, but overall he was okay. He tried to wipe his face off with a dirty sleeve, but it just made it worse. He sighed as he headed back towards his tent.

8/13/2008 #113
Tatianolishka

Aaron had returned to camp a few weeks after the battle, minus a leg and with a slight feeling of numbness in his arm. In his days spent in his tent, he'd fashioned a wooden stump that he fastened with leather straps to his leg. That way he could walk, a little slower than the rest but could still fight. After all, he had nothing else to do. No one to go home to, no job waiting when he returned. He would go out with this war.

8/23/2008 #114
Dalia N'Shard

Walter sat a little ways away from the others, massaging his temples. For the past five minutes he had been trying to rid his mind of the images of war and death. He knew that they would return, when he found time to sleep, when he returned to the battlefield. Even when he let his mind wander, instead of thinking of home, he would always return to those dismal, bloody images. He could only remember a time before the war, as a distant memory, even though it had only been two years it all seemed to have been too long ago.

9/3/2008 #115
Tatianolishka

Aaron saw the young private and thought to himself damn, that kid's young. How'd they let him here?

Wincing, the newly-promoted Corporal stood up and walked over to Walter. He had no idea what to say or do, so he just sat down and offered the boy a cigarette.

9/3/2008 #116
Lee's ghost re-born

(Cigar T; cigarettes are a eroupean creation)

9/3/2008 #117
Dalia N'Shard

Walter looked up at Aaron, startled out of his thoughts by the older man, "Th-thank you, sir." He mumbled, taking the cigar.

9/3/2008 #118
Tatianolishka

((Tomayto, tomahto.))

Aaron shrugged.

"No problem." he said as he looked around. "Got a seat? Leg's pretty busted up."

9/3/2008 #119
Dalia N'Shard

Walter stood up swiftly, "So sorry sir, you can take my seat!"

9/3/2008 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Lee's ghost re-born Scottish Princess, DaCivilWarBear, Tatianolishka
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member