Tome: A Mystery RPG
A death in the Library of Worlds forces the characters of the murdered writer to find his killer. With the fate of several literary worlds at stake, the murderer must be stopped if the Library is to survive.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Jave Harron

The group awakens in a strange structure: The walls are a white sort of ceramic, and lined with red lines. Several windows show organic spires of varying heights off in the distance. The sprawl beneath resembles a cross between conventional mud shanties and smaller spires. They writhe and seem to inhale and exhale. The room they are in is fairly featureless, except for windows and a sphincter like organ that is presumably some sort of door.

6/24/2008 #1
dreamshell

"Are we all here? Does everyone feel alright?" Chandi asks the group.

6/24/2008 #2
Monev11235

"Well, aside from being slightly weirded out, I seem to be fine," Clockroach commented.

6/24/2008 #3
The Crazy Talk Kid

"I'm alright, though I am getting very annoyed by this feeling," Ades mutters as he is helped up by Oro.

6/24/2008 #4
Crownbreaker

"We're both fine," Geminos reports. Moiros produces a pair of eye-like bioforms. "These can help us get the lay of the land," he says.

"Also, we should try to find a way to blend in better. Few things stand out more than foreigners, and if our killer knows what he is doing he will be on the lookout for such things."

6/24/2008 #5
Cam S

Moros grunts an affirmative, stumbles on the first step he takes, and proceeds to make his way to the window, where he gazes for the span of three breaths at the organic yet unnatural landscape.

"Actually, looking at that, I might get sick."

6/24/2008 #6
Monev11235

"Yes, disguises. Because I'm such an easily-disguised creature. Yup. I'm a downright master of subtlety," Clockroach replies wryly. "What are you going to do, biomance stuff onto me and call me an absurdly fat animal?"

6/24/2008 #7
The Crazy Talk Kid

"Hahaha, I like the construct, good sense of sarcasm," Ades chuckles at the comment, "... but I don't think one strange creature would be noticed out there among the rest."

6/25/2008 #8
Monev11235

"Ah, I was under the initial impression from, you know, everything around us, that this world tended towards biomancy rather than thaumechanics," Clockroach says. He adds, "The real problem is that I'm the wrong kind of strange creature."

6/25/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/25/2008 #9
dreamshell

"We should resolve these issues after making contact with the Moderates' agent in this tomeworld," Chandi suggests. She scans the drab ceramic room. Tentatively, she approaches the door-cavity.

6/25/2008 #10
Cam S

Moros palms a needle, and watches as the woman approaches the sphincter-door.

6/25/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/25/2008 #11
Jave Harron

The door opens up with a sickly gurgling, and Chandi sees a rather strange sight: A man with a skin tone similar to hers is in bed with a giant broken-shelled creature with several arms and legs at odd angles. The creature stares at her with its eyes and starts chittering.

6/25/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/25/2008 #12
dreamshell

Chandi is unsure of how to react. She stares at the scene before her with wide eyes, then darts them down towards the floor. Her brow furrows in confusion and she bows slightly.

"My... my apologies," she tells the room's occupants. "Please, I am sorry for the intrusion, but do you know of a... Tritiya Prakriti?"

6/25/2008 #13
The Crazy Talk Kid

"What's going on in there, woman..."

Ades' speech falters as he looks in through the "door".

6/25/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/25/2008 #14
Monev11235

It is times such as these, Clockroach thinks, that it is good that I do not fidget and can cut my motor controls off to not show surprise. And that I can't vomit..

6/25/2008 #15
Crownbreaker

This is rather awkward, Geminos thinks, but I've seen worse. Admittedly, not in this particular context, but...

"It is not polite to stare," he mutters as Moiros passes Ades.

6/25/2008 #16
Cam S

Moros blinks twice, and looks away, surreptitiously stabbing the needle into a flabby part of his arm.

6/25/2008 #17
Jave Harron

"End of the hall! End of the hall!" the man shouts, hiding behind the covers. He points to another sphincter door. Going through it, the group sees a long hallway, circling to the left a bit. There is a clear ending visible, with a door there. Several similar sphincter doors adorn the bone-white walls. As Geminos walks past some, he smells different pheromones from each. It may be a labeling system for address purposes, or perhaps merely a way to disguise what goes on in side, or both.

6/25/2008 #18
dreamshell

Chandi makes her way down the corridor, the others following behind her. As she advances towards it, the sphincter-door at the end of the hall opens in a vaguely obscene-seeming manner. Chandi and the others step through.

6/26/2008 #19
Jave Harron

Inside, a human is bound to the wall by a strange reddish fluid, leaving only his(?) head free from the constrictive cocoon. Three other men are gathered around him, and each has biomorphed their hands into a variety of weapons. One has a club of hardened bone. Another has a sharpened point. Another has a strange, needle filled sac where his arms would otherwise be. The wounds on their prisoner and blood on their weapons seems to indicate they were not there for friendly actions.

They angrily turn towards the party. "GET OUT, NOW!" one shouts.

6/26/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/26/2008 #20
The Crazy Talk Kid

"I don't think so," Ades tells them in his most authoritative voice. He draws both of his swords and Oro notches an arrow with a special mechanical head. "Now move away or I'll gut you like fish."

6/26/2008 #21
Monev11235

"Step away from the probably-a-man," Clockroach commands. The wing-cover-like section on its back opens up and a single circular saw blade emerges, levitating thaumaturgically. Clockroach, had it been designed with a mouth, would probably grin maniacally as the blade makes a thin whistling noise as it rotates in the air at a high rate.

Weapon of great finesse? Hardly. Intimidating weapon? Absolutely.

6/26/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/26/2008 #22
dreamshell

"What are you doing, you fools?" Chandi scolds the others.

She turns and swiftly jumps into action, breaking the mens' proximity with a burst of thaumokinetic energy. The assailants are thrown back by the force of her blast and Chandi manifests a pair of invisible false matter blades. She moves her arms in a slashing motion and the trio's red cocoon is cut open.

The warrior-diplomat rushes over to the freed captive. "Are you hurt?" she asks. "Are you Tritiya Prakriti?"

6/26/2008 #23
The Crazy Talk Kid

"Mad woman," Ades mutters as he holds one man down with a booted foot on his chest and swords crossed in front of his throat. Oro keeps another man down with an arrow aimed at his head.

6/26/2008 #24
Monev11235

"That works too, I suppose," comments Clockroach. It then places the saw blade very close to the neck of the remaining man.

Close meaning the man would lose his throat if he took too deep of a breath.

6/26/2008 #25
Cam S

Moros, assuming that the maybe-a-human is their contact, places a hand on his shoulder, and shunts any pain he might feel into the other three. It was not an elegant use of the power, but it was enough to make one (the man being menaced by the creature Moros thought of as "that metal bug") grit his teeth and cause the others to squirm.

6/26/2008 #26
Crownbreaker

Geminos stands a few feet back from the little brawl, although Tychos draws his saber and Moiros quickly develops a set of sharp claws on his left arm.

"This sort of thing is so inelegant," he says. "I might be able to restrain one of them more efficiently." Moiros steps forward next to the man being kept down by Ades's construct. A small Ouroboros snake uncoils from around his arm and slithers down his sleeve, ending up around the man's throat, swallowing its own tail. "Try not to squirm too much. It's sensitive."

6/26/2008 #27
Jave Harron

Tritiya nods hir head. "Yes, I am se," the third-sexer replies. "These men were intent on torturing me for information about your contacts."

"The Librarians?" Chandi asks. "How did you know we were their contacts?"

"Isn't it rather obvious?" Tritiya asks. "The metal bug alone makes you stand out pretty well. The portal that I normally use, though, was in an apartment that was... previously... empty."

"Do you know who sent these thugs?" Chandi asks.

"Why don't you ask them?" Tritiya suggests.

6/26/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/26/2008 #28
The Crazy Talk Kid

"Well, care to answer the question or do I get to be the first to shed blood?" Ades asks the thug as he brings the sword into contact with his victim's neck flesh.

6/26/2008 #29
Jave Harron

The man held at swordpoint grins as his head and neck melt into his chest, leaving a strange "mouth" and pair of eyes sticking out. "Screw you!" the thug taunts. His legs and hands turn into tentacles, and try to grab the nearby gladiator.

6/27/2008 . Edited by dreamshell, 6/27/2008 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jave Harron Monev11235, dreamshell
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member