Roleplay!
I know the rules said not to post stories... but does Roleplays fall under stories..? Well, anyway, Roleplay here if you like.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Girlbrainiac
OOC/ Okay, why not. This should be fun. Rules: Use OOC and BIC. No demigod characters (superman included). All characters must fit through a normal sized door (shrinking yourself with magic is allowed). If you are playing multiple characters, make it clear who is doing what. When you start a new character describe them first and then have them enter by the door (or whatever other way you can devise.) Setting: In the Northwest port city of Sarbryn, a tavern called "The Glowing Wand" situated on the corner across from the hugest Mage School on the continent. It is often frequented by Apprentice Mages and their teachers as well as travelers of all kinds. Inside it is dim, lit only by a few candles in sconces on the wall, and a candle on each table. The bar is more brightly lit than the rest of the tavern. On the ceiling is a giant swirling whirlpool, that sometimes dampens the customers with spray. On the far wall there is a small platform in case anyone wants to perform. There are many scorch marks on the walls, and a sign above the bar reads "Apprentice Mages: Two drink maximum," attesting to many a drunken fireball. Character: Gilfred is the proprietor and as non-magical as they come. He is a kindly man, but suffers no nonsense unless it is not within his power to stop it. BIC/ Gilfred sighed as he polished another glass and set it on the bar. Another day. The portly middleaged bartender was expecting customers to trickle in pretty soon as evening rolled around. Hopefully this would be a nice quiet evening... but with the Glowing Wand anything could happen; after last week's fiasco he was sure of that. It had taken three days to clean up all of the slime. The whirpool did come in handy sometimes. There was a sound, and he looked up as the first customer arrived.
11/4/2006 #1
BattleLust
Enter Lilith She appears to be fully human but looks can be decieving. Her now dead parents were dragons that could turn into human. She is around 5'8", tan, silver hair, bottomless jet black eyes, a few hundered in human years but looks only 17. She is wearing tight black leather corset and spider silk pants that are tucked into her knee high boots, an old gray cloak complets the unknowingly seductive look. Twin swords hanging on her hips and several knieves around her antomny discourage most men from getting to close. Alone and weary from her travels and haunted by dragon slayers trying to kill her and in doing kill off her entire race she walks into the Glowing Wand tavern. The bartender nodds a greeting smiles at her. She gives one of her rare smiles and sits at the bar. "Something to drink please." she askes looking at the man with her unsual eyes.
11/6/2006 #2
Kumquat21
A stranger at a barstool. She wore black. Not because she liked black, but people thought that when one is mourning, one should look it. People could be so strange at times. Can't grief be personal? She looked up at Lilith with somber grey eyes, so deeply hooded they fairly glowed under the dark hood of her cloak. Besides the cloak she wore a grey blouse, so ordinary she winced to see herself in it, and a sweeping skirt that brushed the tops of her sensible shoes. How she hated those shoes, she'd rather be out in her sneakers, running. She thought mourning is the most boring proscess ever. He's now more annoying dead than he could ever have been alive. How she wanted to RUN, her deer's feet pounding the earth, turning slowly from human to that glorious animal thing she'd always been. How she longed to fly as an eagal, yet again! . . . Eagals. She subconciously brushed the feather that dangled in her chocolate brown hair. He gave her that, she remembered. She closed her eyes, put a lace-gloved hand up to her head. "Give me one too," she whispered in a deep, feral voice. She needed something to help her. And he wasn't there to, any more.
11/7/2006 #3
BattleLust
"here allow me to pay for it. You look like you have had hard times." Tia said. It was a rarity that she had mouney at all and she was in a generous mood. If she couldn't regonize mourning then no one could. Personally she thought that it was better to take her anger out on the nearest dragon slayer and move on with your life. To her emotions were a weakness she could not afford. As long as no other dragon came in here she would be safe. She knew deep down though that if her race was to continue that soon she would have to find herself a husband. Male dragons had a possive streak a mile long and she enjoyed her indenpendance. She wondered what it would be like to marry and have kids. She took a long pull at her drink wondering what had made her think of those things...
11/7/2006 #4
Kumquat21
"No, thanks, but I . . ." She didn't know what too tell this girl, with those soft black eyes. That she wouldn't let anyone pay for her now? That she couldn't, she didn't want others to keep her, like he'd kept her? She didn't want to be a pet, like before, some human's plaything, look it's a freak girl, let's all be kind to her. Let's laugh with her, and pretend she isn't crying. Let's cage her up. Let's keep her dependent on us, the very ones who brought her too this! She didn't want anyone to be kind, he was the only one who would ever been kind to her. Not that it was kind, the way he treated her . . . She didn't want anything but independance, now. She fingered her neck, where his necklace, that binding collar, had marked her as his. She'd thrown it in the open grave, on to his pale face, not sure weather to laugh or cry. Hadn't she always wanted to be free? She missed him so . . . God, she wanted to run. She wondered what that small jolly bartender would say if she'd turned right now, let all the nature come rushing back into her, felt the wings on her back, her stag's hooves paw the ground, her fox fur cover her body in lushious waves, her - Just like he had wanted her to. He'd always loved it when she transformed. She hated him for it. That seemed to be the only thing she was to him, that spirit of nature he'd cursed her to. She wondered if he still remembered she was ever human. He wouldn't remember anything now though, would he? "I probably shouldn't. I had a lot to drink at the funeral." She looked out of the corner of her eye at the girl who sat so poisdly on the barstool. Poor thing, she looked so young to be in a bad place like this. She wondered if this girl had meant it as pity, or was it just kindness? She'd forgotten there were still people like this girl in the world. The knives on her belt sure didn't look like pity. She wasn't sure if they were kindness, though. "So, where are you from?" she asked, desiding on conversation. The words seemed metalic and false in her mouth. "I mean, are you going to the mage school?' Just the name of the place flooded her with loathing. She was glad, so very glad to be away from there, from the stiff mages, and the empty marble coridoors. She desided it was good she hadn't had anything to drink. She could get drunk, and when she was drunk she was a great and terrible thing. Anyway, she didn't have any money. How would she repay the girl?
11/7/2006 #5
BattleLust
She nodded understanding about not accepting things from strangers. "I highly doubt the Mage School would want me. I guess you can say i am from where ever the wind takes me. I don't stay around long." she shrugged. She guessed the woman must have been a slave at one time for she could tell her neck had a lighter strip around it. She felt connected to her. For she knew all to well what it was like to be caged up.
11/7/2006 #6
Kumquat21
"Don't worry," she replied bitterly, "They take in everyone. You should see the trash that they have in there, some of them make me want to - !" She stopped herself. "Uh, not that I think you're you're trashy or anything. I don't know anything about you! I mean - !" She decided to shut up. It would be best. And to think, once she had been a poet. Now speaking was so . . . She cursed him, again, swearing aloud. He had done this too her, she had only learned to speak once again last year. Either way, most of her vocabulary was limited now. "Well, where are you from originally? I mean, what part of the country? Perth, Marronya, Ils-Girad? I'm from Listhre, myself." -Or I think so-, she mentally added. All she remembered were the soft hills rising to kiss the sky, the open sun that drenched her into a glorious tan. And the stone houses, somewhere off, behind a ridge. She couldn't put a name to it, there were millions of villages like that all over the country. She promised herself she'd go back there one day, to fly under the sun, to stalk rabbits in the sea of grass, and run throught the houses, to see if they'd recognize her, in this new form. She wondered if her parents would recognize her. She wondered if she would recognize them. She couldn't picture their faces. He had been the only thing she knew, for such a long time. He had been a parent, a creator, a brother, a husband, a master. And now that she could think again, clearly now, her forgotton memories that had been locked away in secret doors, leading to nowhere, were finally reemerging, and she was ashamed of the way she had cried at his feet. But she had loved him. Even before! His smile melted her heart. He looked so innocent, so beautiful, his hair the same reddishbrown in the twilight as the apple that felled eden. She loved him then, and maybe now . . . She shook her head. "I wonder if they serve tea here," she mused. Tea would calm her down.
11/7/2006 #7
Girlbrainiac
"Ladies," said Gilfred, "I run a business, so if you would ALL kindly order something, preferably by name... I have a variety of beverages to choose from: wine, ale, cider, and several mixed drinks." The women stared at him, their revery broken. He sighed. Where was that Ariana? He could never expect her to be on time, especially when she was deep in her studies. He had known her when she had first arrived here, summoned from her own world by a foolish apprentice mage. (Incidentally, the same one who had added the lovely decoration to his tavern ceiling.) She had claimed that her world, Urth, he thought it was called, had no magic. While he had dreamed of such a place in his more enjoyable and peaceful dreams, he didn't believe it for a moment, especially when she hadf started displaying a talent for the arcane arts. Other than her strange ways and magical talents, though, he felt he rather liked her. After all it took a certain amount of guts to work at this crazy place. No one else had wanted the job. The bell on the door clanged, admitting a young woman with black curly hair tied back with a leather cord. She wore a purple robe with a red sash at the waist, denoting her rank as an apprentice mage at the Mage School. "There you are!" Gilfred called to her, "I'd thought you'd gotten lost, girl."
11/8/2006 . Edited 11/8/2006 #8
Kumquat21
She looked up at Gilfred, pulled out of her memories. "Oh, err, would you happen to have some tea?" she asked distractedly. Seeing the bartender's annoyed expression, she ammended hurridly, "Or, maybe a cider?" Digging in the pocket of her skirt, she produced a copper coin she had forgotton about. "I have money, don't worry." Someone else had entered. It appeared to be an apprentice mage. The banner of the mage school was enough to make her wince, as if the scars she buried deep in her mind had reoppened, words cutting into her far worse than daggers ever could. But, there were no apprentice mages in the part of the building she'd been housed. She had rarely glimpsed teacher mages either, except when the occasionall few trickled in, to look at his 'experement.' When she'd known enough to question this he'd given her a strange unrevealing answer, a simple 'Don't ask silly questions, Adamina." Though with any other man she could have exspected it, he always delighted in longwinded answers. It made her suspect that perhaps the other mages had little knowledge of what took place in the dust cooridoors of the Ecological Theistic Theory Wing. She wondered if she should warn the girl what was waiting for her. No. She didn't want to talk about it. She wanted her tea.
11/8/2006 #9
Kumquat21
OOC/ I realize my character has been rather angsty, and I quite appologize. I'll try and clear her up from now on, though I will have to keep some of the angst, as that's part of her persona. Um, sorry. /BIC
11/8/2006 #10
Girlbrainiac
Ariana gave Gilfred an exasperated look and turned to the customer that had asked for tea. "He's always grumpy like that. Of course you can have tea if that's what you would like. He just doesn't like to put forth the extra effort to brew it." She smiled warmly as she tied on a apron she had pulled out from under the counter. "So what kind of tea would you like?"
11/8/2006 #11
Kumquat21
"Darjeeling, please." She had always liked the word darjeeling. It sounded like a name. She thought if she were to ever bear child, she might name the baby that. OOC/ I'm not sure if that counts as child abuse . . . my character scares me . . ./BIC Not that anyone would marry her now. He might have been the last one to every accept her as who she was.
11/9/2006 #12
Girlbrainiac
"It'll be a few moments," Ariana said and turned away, glancing at the shelves. "Ah, there it is," she muttered, eyeing a tin on the topmost shelf. With a muttered word and a crooked finger the tin came flying off the shelf and landed neatly in her hand. From under the bar she pulled out a kettle which she filled with water from a jug. She glanced at Gilfred with an impudent look, then put her hand on the kettle and muttered another word. Steam started to billow from the spout. "Do you like it weak or strong?" she asked the woman as she spooned some of the tea leaves into the hot water.
11/9/2006 #13
Kumquat21
"Strong please," she replied. This girl was using so much magic . . . it almost made her dizy. She remembered the mages were like that. She personally had no aptitude for magic, perhaps she had the talent at one time, but everything changed after she first Turned. She was told everything had changed. For one, he told her that her eyes were once blue. She couldn't remember it. "You can just keep the teabag in, when you give it to me. I'll just take it out when I'm ready."
11/9/2006 #14
Girlbrainiac
Ariana set a cup and saucer in front of her, as well as the teapot. "Sorry, no teabags," she said. "Let it steep for about five minutes if you want it strong." Ariana set a small honeypot next to the saucer as well as a small wooden spoon. "So, what brings you to THIS tavern of all places in the city? Are you here for the Mage School's library, or were you just curious? We get a lot of people in here from all over who like to visit because it's famous." She rolled her eyes in an exaggerated manner. "Tourists, can't live with them, can't kill them. Well, at least not openly. They don't know anything about forensics here, so it's easier to get away with that kind of thing."
11/10/2006 . Edited 11/10/2006 #15
Kumquat21
She laughed at the mention of tourist. She remembered that she had hated them too, thought she herself could have been called one. When she had first arrived, she had a reason to be in the city, but inside she just wanted to see this grand place. "I'm actually . . . tryng to get away from the mage school at the moment," she told the girl, unsure as to what to say. How could she discribe it, the conlictin hatred of this place she had suffered so much, and the absolute adoration of where he had worked, lived. Where he remained. "I lived here for about three or so years. But I . . . I don't really have a place to stay at the moment." Not that her suffering and his work hadn't been the same thing. Experiments, that's what he had told her he did when they first met, at the confrence. She had been just another tourist then, but his eyes seemed to smile so beautifully, she just had to stay for another few days. Expements, that's what she was. She had been told what she was doing was saving people, all over, saving the world, in a small way. What about herself? Would she be saved? But the feeling as she ran, that tbrill no one else possesed, flying, running, MOVING, was that salvation in itself? "How about you? How long have you lived here? I can see you're a mage apprentice, how long have you been training?"
11/10/2006 #16
Girlbrainiac
"I've only been at the mage school for three months. Before that I worked here for a while and before that... Well, let's just say I come from someplace so different it's hard for people here to understand me when I describe it. I don't think I'll ever be able to get back there... and now I'm not so sure I'd want to. "Gilfred has rooms here at the Glowing Wand if you need a place to stay. Ever since he imposed the new rule we haven't had nearly as much trouble as we did before. There's only a slight chance that something bad would happen if you stayed here." Gilfred snorted, though whether with indignation or mirth Ariana couln't quite tell. "Don't be doing me any favors, girl. Any more endorsements like that will put me out of business!" He turned to the woman at the bar. "So what do you say, Miss? Staying here's cheaper than most places in the city."
11/10/2006 #17
Kumquat21
"You . . . you'd let me?" she asked, staring up at him hopefully. A place to stay . . .! It was far enough from the mage school she was safe, anyway, she didn't think the mages she had worked with would come to this pleasant bar, but near enough to his grave she could visit him anytime she wanted . . . it was perfect! Then her face deflated as she realized what she had been missing. "I spent my last copper on that tea," she whispered, shame flitting across her face. She knew she had a bank account somewhere, but she had lost the key to it long ago. "Perhaps I could repay you in work, or find a job somewhere" she murmured. She met the bartender's stiff eyes, then thinking better, turned her pleading to the girl. "Would you let me stay on credit for a while? I will pay you back - I will!"
11/11/2006 #18
kirbycrosby06
Just then the door burst open and Gavin came running in, Gavin was the head guard from the mages school, he stood around 6’9” and he was wearing his black robes trimmed in silver and he wore a pure unadorned silver short sword, and asked every one at the bar “did anyone just see a kender named Lucky come in here he stole a ring of shadows from one of the teachers quarters and we’re looking for him”
11/11/2006 #19
kirbycrosby06
just in case any one doesn't what a kender is i thought i would describe them. they are usually about a 1/2 foot shorter than a dwarf. they are notorious for stealing things and talking way to much. they are also extreamly curios about pretty much every thing. they usually wear bright colored clothes and a vest covered in pouches where they keep the things they have aquired.And there hair is usually tied in a top knot.
11/11/2006 #20
Girlbrainiac
"Haven't seen a kinder in months," called Gilfred to the newcomer. He would have asked the man to stop and have a drink but he wasn't sure whether the guardsman could do magic or not. Sure mages were his best customers, but that didn't mean he had to encourage them. Mix enough mages with enough alcohol and weird things start to happen, like you get whirlpools in the ceiling, slime oozing down the staircase, dancing skeletons, odd noises from the door hinges, floating candelabras, disembodied voices, and who knows what else. For once in his life he would like a quiet night where nothing particularly extraordinary happened.
11/11/2006 #21
Girlbrainiac
The guardsman's noisy entrance had distracted her for a moment, but Ariana turned back to the woman at the bar. "I didn't have anything when I came here except for the clothes on my back. The man who brought me here told me about the unemployment office. It's about three streets away from here if you care to walk. They take all kinds of odd people there-- Not to say you're odd!-- there was a barbarian with a broken leg standing behind me in line. You might want to try there. "In the meantime, I'm sure that Gilfred could use the extra help. There were two job openings for this place when he took me on but no one else wanted the job."
11/11/2006 #22
kirbycrosby06
“Well if you see him try to keep him here and call for a guard and be careful he also stole some of the apprentice’s magical items the teacher was grading and may be dangerous” he then turned around a walked out the door to continue his search. Right after Gavin had left Lucky took of the ring a materialized out of the shadows he all of a sudden started jumping up and down trying unsuccessfully to get Gilfred’s attention suddenly he got an idea and started rummaging through his pouches until he found what he was looking for a little device that like a thick bristled comb but after pushing a button near the bottom it extended into a ladder of what ever height the user needed after climbing uphe finally got Gilfred’s attention
11/11/2006 #23
Girlbrainiac
"So you're the one they're looking for, eh, kender? Ariana!" Gilfred called to her, "you know what to do. We can't be harboring thieves." Ariana muttered a word and made a gesture at the little man, trying to catch him in a binding spell (a weak one as she was new to them).
11/11/2006 . Edited 11/11/2006 #24
kirbycrosby06
Just before Ariana could finish the spell lucky with extremely quick reflexes jumped out of the way and managed to slip on the ring he ran around the bar so that he might be able to stop ariana from attempting the spell
11/11/2006 #25
Girlbrainiac
The spell missed and her target suddenly disappeared. She heard the thump of his footsteps as he came around the bar. Thinking quickly she jumped on the countertop, knocking over the tea kettle in the process. With a quick word and a crooked finger she caught a bottle from the top shelf. With another word, another bottle flew off the shelf and into her other hand.
11/11/2006 #26
kirbycrosby06
relizing that he couldn't win lucky pulled of his ring and got on his knee's and looked up and pleadingly begged"please don't hurt me i really didn't mean to steal it here you can have it i was just looking at it when the gaurd came in and forgot to set it down i ran because the sherrif said he would kill me if i came to his jailhouse ever again. just hide me please i can pay for it and i'll do anything you ask of me just please don't hurt me" with that said the little kender lowered his head and began to sob
11/11/2006 #27
Kumquat21
She stared at the Kender. It was such a small strange creature, she had only seen pictures of them in books. Perhaps she had really observed one once, but she could not remember the meeting. This thing was crying. She stared at it. What was so wrong with it's life, that it had to sob like this? She'd forgotton people could still cry. She used to cry all the time. What was it worth, though? Now that he was gone . . . she didn't have to cry any more. It was over. He was over. But some part of her still insisted she loved him . . . There. She'd said it. Now that she'd located the problem, put it into words, this feeling that dragged her down like a lead balloon, she could easily get rid of it. Yes. She looked up at the girl. "I'd love a job," she desided. "Thank you so much!"
11/12/2006 #28
Girlbrainiac
Ariana didn't know what to think. Kenderians were known to be tricky and this could be just a ploy to make her feel sorry for him. She wasn't going to fall for it. Quickly she splashed the contents of both bottles over the little kender. These two drinks were innocuous by themselves, but, when combined, they froze whatever they came in contact with. Hopefully that would hold him. The woman sitting by the bar behind her said something, but Ariana was too distracted to understand her. "What was that?"
11/12/2006 #29
BattleLust
Finally speaking up Lilth asked, "Is there a room i can have for the night?" She gave the Kenderian a glare, "Want me to take care of him for you?" While outwardly she showed only minor contempt for the thief she knew that most thieves didn't choose that lifestyle but had it forced onto them in hard times. She knew all to well what it was like to be without a penny to her name and going longer than you can count without a bite to eat. Times like those squshed any morals left and forced you to do what you had to do to survive. If Ariana actually let her take care him she would most likely go buy him some food somewhere and a few coins. She couldn't give much for she needed to keep a few back until someone else hired her.
11/12/2006 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: natttalie x
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member