My Questions to the World
Looking for a Challenge fit for a philosopher? Check out my questions.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Piratess-Bell

What is the ideal line where the line is drawn between being prideful and being confident? If pride comes before a fall are those with low self esteem being smart? Or are they hurting themselves further by lacking the ability to feel good about themselves?

Respond if you are interested in replying in poem.

5/29/2008 #1
Remy Lourenco

I'd be interested in replying in poem. A little, late I suppose- this is from '07? Oh well. Still a novel idea to me.

4/20/2009 #2
Piratess-Bell

Thank you for replying! Yeah, these topics are a bit slow, but I think they have the to potiential to inspire great things. :] Good luck, if you try it, I'd love to see what you come up with!

4/21/2009 #3
Cat Stark

I think the difference is that the "pride" in that saying means that person that feels pride is cocky and thinks they are better then everyone.

Self-confidence is when you know that you can do something well. That you do not question your self. That you feel good about yourself. That you know you are just as good as everyone else.

An example is that if you have a beat up can that you bought yourself and someone else has a new car that their parents got them. If you have self-confidence you will know that your car works and at lest you worked hard to be able to earn the car. If you are prideful you are the ones that the parent got the car and latter on in life you might expect someone else to do things for you, not know how to work hard, and take care of yourself.

That is the best way I know to explain it.

7/17/2010 #4
fantasybookworm2012
Hey, that's a really good point. Thogh I think having low self esteem could do both. On one hand you're hurting yourself and you know you are but you don't try to break out of it because you know you can't. You just keep living. Anyway, there's a line between being overconfident and having a little ck dozen e in yourself. I don't know where the line is though. Good philosopher questions
7/25/2013 #5
Forum Moderators: Piratess-Bell
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member