The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Mi.Ishi

All right, here is where you come to sit at the bar and put up what you want reviewed and order your drinks. This is the SECOND BAR!!!!!!! I encourage patrons to do as they've been doing, but check out the rules before posting.

---

As a caution, those that ask for a review and receive one will typically have to return the favour to the reviewer. You are not required to review back, but likelihood is you'll get some harsh words if you don't. It is courtesy to return reviews here, and highly encouraged.

I'd also like to inform people that outside promotion (of other threads, websites, etc), critique/review buddies, etc. all have their proper places in the forum and I ask that you direct yourself there instead of doing it here.

---

Good reviews: Will typically outline the who, where, what, when, why and how of what you did or did not like about the stories. We ask that you try to avoid doing one-liners.

Now this is just an example and you can review however you like, but reviews that are not really good or not informative to the author enough are typically meaningless to the people asking for them.

Bad Reviews and One liners - "This was a good story." (Why was it good?)

"Give me more update soon." (Why?)

"I like the main character and the setting you used." (Why, and Why?)

A blog post about the subtleties of reviewing: http://the-hautelife.blogspot.com/2009/11/reviews-and-reviews-and-review-and-love.html

---

I would also encourage people, if they ask for reviews for a specific piece, to copy-paste the summary so that others can scope out what to read before they actually read it.

---

And without further ado...

Let the orders begin!!!!

11/17/2009 . Edited 6/25/2010 #1
KT-ImmortalIncarnate

I'm new to the bar, I just followed a profile...xD

Can you review I'm Not Dead!: Velvet Sky or My Reflection please?

I'd be all too happy to leave a review for one of you guys, I'm on fictionpress almost everyday. I've got plenty of time! and I need to know where I'm making mistakes. I think I generally don't put in enough detail...

I love to read stories too! Throw em at me!

Thanks! Incarnate

11/17/2009 #2
YasuRan

Reviewed ImmortalIncarnate's My Reflection. A decent Fantasy fic so anyone interested in that kind of stuff, please check it out.

Oh, by the way, I'm Ran. I like reading. I love reading good fics. Reviews for any of my stuff are welcome too ;)

11/17/2009 #3
Tegh

I the almighty Tegh that is hardly ever around and kinda new...Have created a new tid bit of awesome for all who are interested! The best story of all time...REAL LIFE!!!!

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2742494/1/

Comedy is best when it's true ;)

Anyway, would love and return a review on anything! Domo...

11/18/2009 #4
KelaBelle

I think the new rules are good Mish happy you done them like that, just hope they dont come accross to much like The review games.

Anyway I reviewed, My Reflection.

REAL LIFE.

And White Houses.

Reviews on Danse On Wood, I will return as long as you dont write reuturn on the reviews, Pm me if I forget which I shouldnt just pop it up on forum you have reviewed, its pretty anooying when people write return review on reviews anyway Yeah. :)

11/18/2009 #5
Frayling0

Just reviewed The Revenant - awesome work :D (This is carried over from the first bar).

----------

I'd appreciate any reviews for Helix, please :) You will, of course, recieve a review in return. Cheers. ~ Luke

----------

P.S, does this thread need to be stickied or something, so people don't get lost trying to find the new bar?

11/18/2009 #6
Mi.Ishi

Haha, thanks Kela. The good thing about a regular making the first post is I can edit it if need be, so let me know if there's any concerns. I also mostly copy pasted from the last one, and just added that bit about summaries (something Selarose and I agreed might be a good idea to put).

And Fray, as much as I would love to flag it, it's not possible without a mod. The best we can do is redirect people here if they get lost and pop up in the Lounge or Poolhouse, or in the Questions.

:)

11/18/2009 #7
YasuRan

Just reviewed Helix by Frayling. A great read if you like your sci-fi/action.

11/18/2009 #8
Aiko-Moon

Well damn, we already filled up the last bar. Thats flippen awesome. But anywho, I just put up a new chapter to my long awaited stoy You're my Escape. Sorry it took so long to get something out on it, just lost interest in the story. I have found a new love in it though. So if any of you don't mind. Please review my new chapter, or both, 1 and 2. However you choose.

11/18/2009 . Edited 11/18/2009 #9
Mi.Ishi

I'd like a Vodka-lime-water on the rocks, and a review for Seven Seas. Just realized I've never gotten one for that particular story, and I am kinda proud of the first chapter.....although it's been ages since I've looked at it, and ages since I've edited it.

Summary: Kaitlyn's fear of the ocean is not going to stop Cyan from getting her to the Academy to give her testimony about his rescue. But more is brewing on the water than just shipwreck, and the future looks darker than the sea before a storm...

11/18/2009 #10
Cole Culain

Do drinking laws apply here? If so, just a coke. If not, then a sam summer.

I didn't have a lot of time, so I only read up until just after the captain introduced himself. Sorry. Overall, I think it's good so far. The setting is nice, I like the whole island theme. Kaitlyn seems like an ideal heroine, and Cyan has a lot of depth to his character, and a bit of macarbe mystery too. you should work on this again, it shows promise.

Can someone review either Phantom Thief Dark, or Blazing Heart? I don't really care which.

11/18/2009 #11
KelaBelle

Reviewed Dark, The Phantom Thief.

My Story Summary: Paris enters a british school full of weird, strange people. To her luck there not human, no there werewolves. Keeping out of there way wasn't supposed to be a problem. But since the leader of the pack wants her dead or gone, she has no way to escape.

Reviews Returned. ;/ Just put on the forum you have reviewed it :)

11/19/2009 #12
Izanagi's Muse

I'm currently working on repaying reviews as well as waiting to be repaid

I currently owe Tegh, Timayyyyyyyyy, and Aspiemor

11/19/2009 #13
Frayling0

Chapter 4 of Helix is up. I'd love reviews please :D They shall all be returned. Cheers.

11/20/2009 #14
xenolith

Yup, that's my cue Frayling! I owe you several, if I remember correctlty. I'll check out some of your other stuff as well.

11/20/2009 #15
Luuk

Woot! It has been a while but I wrote something new! Can I please have a review of Worst Best Case Scenario?

11/20/2009 #16
WutNow

I was looking for the new thread and I finally found it! Yay!

Chapter 5 of Heart to Heart is up! Reviews are appreciated and returned!!!!

11/20/2009 #17
KelaBelle

Reviewed Helix, Worst Best Case Scenario? ,Heart to Heart.

I was in a really good mood this morning and yesterday because of the stories I have read there are flipping amazing guys!

Reviews on my Danse On Wood, will be returned.

11/21/2009 #18
TymCon

I dont really have time to review, i recently got imto a number of books called the wheel of time series, and i dont really have anything i want reviewed:P I just came to pop in to say good job on making a new topic for this and even better job on clearing up the return review thing. Well cya

11/21/2009 #19
WutNow

I'm sick... really sick... and I forgot all the people I owed reviews to. So please, if I haven't paid you back the same number of reviews you gave me, let me know. I'll be more than happy to review you back.

I reviewed some stories already but I'm too exhausted to type who it was and what chapters they were. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know to shoot me a message if I haven't paid back yet.

P.S-. Chapter 5 of Heart to Heart is up. Read/Review, and I will return the favor. If that isn't to your liking, give my other story a shot, Remain Sane! It's a short chapter so yeah.. lol.

I love you guys. You're all wonderful

-Agent

11/21/2009 #20
RentBoheme

Read/reviewed chapters 4-5 of Heart to Heart.

Still on NaNoWriMo break, but would appreciate reviews for my story Harry McGilligan, or for any of my short stories.

11/22/2009 #21
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu

Reviewed KelaBelle's Danse On Wood. And yeah, hope to see reviews for The Eternal Grail since I might be updating this one soon. :)

P.S to Kela: I hope you can review the latest chapter of The Eternal Grail soon. And no, this is not an outright plea for review in the wording sense. Just take it as an fyi since you've started on that one. :)

P.S to Agent Frap and Frayling: I will try to review both of you ASAP. But I'm not too sure if I can do it tonight since it's getting very late now. :(

11/22/2009 #22
KelaBelle

I have done your wish and reviewed bud. :)

Reviewed The Eternal Grail.

Reviews on Danse On Wood. I will return the favour.

11/22/2009 #23
Laila Amira

Reviews on any of my work would be greatly appreciated - but I would especially LOVE reviews on "Every Fifteen Minutes."

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2730552/1/Every_Fifteen_Minutes

"Every fifteen minutes, someone in the United States dies in an alcohol-related traffic crash, whether they are the drunk driver or an innocent passenger. On May 12, 2009, I became one of them." More schools across the country are taking part in a dramatic, shocking, graphic two-day program called "Every Fifteen Minutes" that gets the message across. My high school took part in this program in May, and it was filmed and edited into a DVD. I participated in the program, and just recently received my copy of the DVD in the mail. I watched it and looked through the pictures again, and decided to write about my experience as a victim.

I put a lot of effort into this story (as well as my others), and would like to know that more than 1 or 2 people are reading! I'll gladly return the favor!

11/22/2009 . Edited 11/22/2009 #24
Classy Broad

Hi! Sorry For the long wait! Had one hell of a week, I passed my test! Yipee to me!, Now about the reviews I owe some people, Terribly sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to get a hold of the laptop since the last 2 weeks, damn., I'm gonna work double time to make it up, guarantee it! Now, for everyone whom I owe a review that wants me to review something specific, PM or something, I'll review back before Nov. 30! Oh! and since you've all waited so long, I'll review more than one story/chapter for every reviewer, hope that helps! Thanks, people!

11/23/2009 #25
xenolith

Just posted a one-shot, Juniper. It's not great but I'd love a little feedback anyways. Reviews will be returned in kind :)

11/23/2009 #26
Fay Diablo

I would really appreciate reviews for Lucy, which is actually based on a sonnet I wrote and never put on the site...It's kind of eerie...A little girl and ghost/shadow things...

And, of course, I'll return reviews.

11/23/2009 #27
Luuk

I would be happy for some reviews on Worst Best Case Scenario. Reviews will most likely be returned. Unless I've already read and reviewed all your stuff... not likely.

11/23/2009 #28
Katerzzz

Hey guys.

Brought over from the old bar, Chapter 6 of Jack's London is up The Affliction of Emily

Reviews will be appreciated and returned!

Please take a look!

Katerzz

11/23/2009 #29
A. Clark

Hiya!

I've read and reviewed Lucy, and like it a bunch :)

I'd love some feedback for When We Wither, reviews will be returned in kind!

11/23/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member