The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Charactarantula

HELLO CHILDREN,

Everyone wants FREE reviews on their stories, right? Well, here's an easy way for you to get them! This is called:

The Caption Contest Game!

This is how it works: Every Monday I will be posting a link to a picture. The pictures will range in ridiculousness, some being quite serious, others being majorly idiotic. Your objective is this, and it is a simple one:

Make up the funniest, most interesting, introspective, thought-provoking, sadistic, or creative caption possible.

This is no holds barred. There a no lines to cross. Be as offensive, intelligent, silly, ironic, hateful, or loving as you want. It also can be as long or as short as you want. I do not care. But, at the end of the week, there will be a poll to choose the greatest caption entered into the contest, and they will be declared the winner!

"JAKE, JAKE. WHAT DO I WIN??!" You might ask.

Well, you win, #1. A big, fat, in-depth review from your's truly. And, #2. Reviews from every other entrant in the contest. (if there is only one entrant, they automatically get a free review from me, even if their caption absolutely blows.)

"So, how do you enter?"

Simple: "I hereby promise to review the winner of the caption contest. Here's my caption: ..."

However, you only have one chance to submit! No double entries!

Deadlines:

A New Picture will be posted every Monday/Tuesday.

Entrants must have their Captions Submitted by that Friday (before midnight FictionPress time.)

Voting will take place Saturday/Sunday.

Winners will be announced Monday.

Reviews for the Winner must be submitted by the following Friday. (You will PM me letting me know that you have completed your review, I am not going to check for you.)

Punishment for Not Reviewing will result in a temporary ban until the review you owe is paid in full.

-Jake

8/16/2010 . Edited 8/30/2010 #1
C. Tattiana H-H

Well, this sounds like fun. Question: When's the deadline? And, do contestants only get one shot?

8/16/2010 #2
Charactarantula

Yes, contestants only get one shot to submit a caption. If I see that their entry has changed, or someone else notices (Which I honestly don't think will be a problem. Not too many liars and cheaters on fictionpress besides me) they'll be eliminated. And I guess I should put the deadlines in the rules. Gimme' a sec.

8/16/2010 #3
C. Tattiana H-H

Excellent. I look forward to this.

8/16/2010 #4
Charactarantula

Caption Contest

WEEK OF MONDAY THE 16th

Your picture for the week is a fun (if extraordinarily graphic) one:

http://www.theconlincompany.com/realityshows/thumb_whenanimalsattack.jpg

"Good thing Steve Chen beats the meat with his right, not his left..."

Entered Captions:

1. Edwardo: "Going for the money shot was a no-no with THIS alligator..."

2. Agent.Frappuccino: "... and that, my dear children, is how the Princess & The Frog movie should have ended."

3. MeAsIAm: 'When Thing accidentally stumbles into a Discovery Shoot'

4. andHeavenFell: "Mr. Crocodile did not want a goddamn high five, thank you very much."

5. Aero's Twin: "And here I thought Joe Dirt got away..."

6. AvidWriter-92: "The piece that Isis forgot when Seth scattered the remains of Osiris across the Nile."

7. Wounded-Petals: "Must've missed the 'No Skinny-dipping on Weekends' sign"

8. CyneNoir: "M. Night Shyamalan strikes again. This time: A real life rendition of Lady in the Water gone wrong."

9. Lianoid: "Rock, paper, scissors with a crocodile. Teeth beat rock, b***."

8/16/2010 . Edited 8/21/2010 #5
Edwardo

(I'm usually pretty bad at these things, but sure, I'll go first.)

I hereby promise to review the winner of the caption contest. Here's my caption:

"Going for the money shot was a no-no with THIS alligator..."

8/16/2010 #6
WutNow

I think you should give a rating system for the image... just to warn those squeamish people that the picture is somewhat really... really graphic. Not that I'm squeamish, I'm just a little concerned about the the little ones in the forum lol. Anyway...

I hereby promise to review the winner of the caption contest. Here's my caption:

"... and that, my dear children, is how the Princess & The Frog movie should have ended."

-Agent

8/16/2010 #7
AvidWriter-92

Haha, this looks like a great game idea! :) I also agree with Agent about the ratings idea. :P

Edit:

Oh, and I promise to review the winner of the caption contest. :D Here's my caption:

"The piece that Isis forgot when Seth scattered the remains of Osiris across the Nile."

~Avid. :D

8/17/2010 . Edited 8/18/2010 #8
Charactarantula

In response to the ratings system, I'm not a huge fan. I said it was a graphic picture (in all seriousness it really isn't THAT bad, you could see that in a PG-13 movie) and I feel like most people are mature enough to handle that. If we actually have any problems, I'll reconsider it.

8/17/2010 #9
MeAsIAm

Haha, this seems like a lot of fun. The pic's not really graphic and all, but well, sensitive people beware!!! :D

'When Thing accidentally stumbles into a Discovery Shoot'

8/17/2010 #10
seredemia

This is such a neat idea!

"Mr. Crocodile did not want a goddamn high five, thank you very much."

A question: Is it only meant to be one sentence?

(And um... I'm not sure if that's a crocodile or an alligator... I'm pretty sure it's a crocodile... I think.)

8/17/2010 #11
Charactarantula

A question: Is it only meant to be one sentence?

This is no holds barred. There a no lines to cross. Be as offensive, intelligent, silly, ironic, hateful, or loving as you want. It also can be as long or as short as you want. I do not care. But, at the end of the week, I will choose the greatest caption entered into the contest, and they will be declared the winner!

8/17/2010 #12
Aero's Twin

Hm. Fun little contest idea. =)

And here I thought Joe Dirt got away... 8/18/2010 #13
Wounded-Petals

Okay, here goes my try.

Must've missed the 'No Skinny-dipping on Weekends' sign

8/19/2010 #14
lipleaf

I hereby enter the Caption Contest and promise to review the winner.

Entry: M. Night Shyamalan strikes again. This time: A real life rendition of Lady in the Water gone wrong.

8/19/2010 #15
C. Tattiana H-H

Failing hard with this one. Here's my weak-a** attempt:

Rock, paper, scissors with a crocodile. Teeth beat rock, b***.

Yeah? Pretty good, right? Right? Guys? -_-"

8/20/2010 #16
C. Tattiana H-H

Crap. I'm slacking haaaard today. I don't want to edit my post because it'll look a little shady.

So, yeah... I hereby register and promise to review the winner and all that.

8/20/2010 #17
Charactarantula

REGISTRATION IS OVER

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SUNDAY, THE 22ND

8/20/2010 . Edited 8/20/2010 #18
Charactarantula

2nd runner up: AvidWriter-92! "The piece that Isis forgot when Seth scattered the remains of Osiris across the Nile."

1st runner up: Lianoid! "Rock, paper, scissors with a crocodile. Teeth beat rock, **."

...AND THE WINNER IS:

*drumroll*

Agent.Frappuccino!

"... and that, my dear children, is how the Princess & The Frog movie should have ended."

Reviews for the Winner must be submitted by Friday, or you will be temporarily banned until you can complete it!

8/22/2010 . Edited 8/22/2010 #19
C. Tattiana H-H

Congratulations, Agent! Excellent round. I look forward to the next one.

8/22/2010 #20
lipleaf

Good job, Agent.Frap! :D I'll be sending that review your way as soon as I can.

8/22/2010 #21
WutNow

0__0 Omg for reals? Yay! Thanks Jake!! Thanks everyone :D!!!

8/22/2010 #22
Charactarantula

Caption Contest

WEEK OF MONDAY THE 23rd

Sorry about the delay. Getting settled in the dorm. Your image for the week:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/funny%20pics/yescomm/funny/funny-01.jpg

Good luck! Contest closes Friday!

8/24/2010 . Edited 8/24/2010 #23
WutNow

Haha, cute.

"Her p***'s real, but her b*** are fake."

8/24/2010 #24
C. Tattiana H-H

I hereby promise to review the winner of the caption contest. (I'm working on last week's prize review for Agent right now).

Submission: Hmm, I want to show off the new merch, but don't want people to think that's the only reason I took the picture. What can I include to make it cute instead of slutty?

8/26/2010 #25
lookingwest

I'm in, I'll promise to review the winner.

"I can has b*** implant?"

8/26/2010 #26
notveryalice

In, promise to review winner.

"The Times: American X-TREME Hokey-Pokey team loses PETA funding in today's tournament against Brazil"

8/26/2010 #27
Charactarantula

THE CONTEST IS CLOSED!

Our winner will be announced Sunday afternoon, and I actually have a rule change to hit you with for future weeks.

8/27/2010 #28
Mi.Ishi

Do to a misunderstanding in the extent of my powers as forum moderator, I have accidentally put Avid-Writer and Edwardo as "banned forever."

If I were forum administrator, I would have the power to undo that, but as a mod, I do not.

I apologize profusely to those two. I have contacted Dolvich in hopes that he'll see the message and quickly undo my mistake.

In the meantime, you will be unable to post, but I do encourage the both of you to continue to come back to the forum, and hopefully will still PM the patrons.

And this is a good lesson to those that have not yet paid Agent.Frappucino her winner's reviews. You will go on temporary bans instead, and those will lift after seven days. Hopefully in that time you will have sent her some review-love.

Again, I apologize sincerely.

-Shay

8/28/2010 #29
C. Tattiana H-H

Dude. Results? :D

8/30/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member