The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Mi.Ishi

Hey all!

So, fall is here, and Halloween is approaching.

Which also means November is almost here. And if November is here, then that means that NaNoWriMo is almost upon us.

I wanted to start this thread so that fellow NaNoWriMos can convene, encourage, and discuss whatever it is that they're working on.

Good luck everyone!

10/19/2010 . Edited 10/21/2010 #1
fudgyvmp

ohh exciting! I was going to participate last year, but I planned that in June, I'd never heard of it before, and the site said it was going to remind me of the celebrational contest come November, but it didn't, so I started in the last week of November, and that was a fun epic fail

10/19/2010 #2
Mandyla

Strangely, I've never heard of this before, but it's sounds like a grand old time. Can't wait to get started!

10/19/2010 #3
fudgyvmp

oh it should be tons of fun, my girlfriend is charging me with motivating her to get the 50k words out. I practiced all last month editing and rewriting one of my stories. Now I just need an idea for something new

10/19/2010 #4
Charactarantula

I'm considering attempting NaNoWriMo with the novel I've been planning 'Tips on Pulling Down the Sky.' Should be an epic fail when I decide halfway through the month I want to take my time. :)

10/19/2010 #5
Frayling0

I wish I could do this but I have two 2000 word essays due in half way through November which each require reading of a 12+ booklist! It's upsetting, but I don't think I'll be able to take part :( I was going to use it as an opporunity to thrash out a rough draft of a fantasy novel I've been planning based in a world I can best describe as Celtic meets Russian, where giant animal spirits called Deva walk the land.

10/20/2010 #6
fudgyvmp

oh, that sounds like so much fun, the story, not the essays, why not start a najawrimo for January when college vanishes like magic for winter break

10/20/2010 #7
Serendipitist Swan

I wish I could do NaNo, I'm just too busy though. It's too bad, there are so many ideas floating around in my head.

10/20/2010 #8
Frayling0

Thanks for the idea, January sounds like a good plan! Cannot wait for winter break when I can write to my hearts content! Always wanted to take part in NaNoWriMo.

10/20/2010 #9
Serendipitist Swan

January is a great idea!

10/20/2010 #10
Frayling0

We should make our own fictionpress event...!? Lots of us are students so it makes sense to plan something when the majority of us are going to be free. I see the makings of a fantastic new year!

10/20/2010 #11
fudgyvmp

oh no! I've started something, eek!

Sounds like fun, anyone want to go out and see if others are interested so we can make a list of who to contact for it come January so no one forgets?

10/20/2010 #12
xenolith

Nano thread! Exciting XD

10/20/2010 #13
Frayling0

Fudgyvmp: It's probably a good idea to mention this at the bar, that way most Roadhouse patrons will hear about it and we can create a list possibly? Or we could mention it at the bar then start a new thread? Do we need admin permission for this? I think it's a great idea!

10/20/2010 #14
Mi.Ishi

I was going to do NaNo, but if you guys want to do one in Dec/Jan, that works way better for me too, haha.

Do you want me to make a thread when it gets closer to the date? If you all want to start spreading the word that'd be sweet too.

10/21/2010 #15
Frayling0

That would be awesome Mi.Ishi :) If we created a thread November/December time to keep people time to prepare, that would be great. If we mention this to others via PM and via the Roadhouse a lot of people should hear about it. Maybe even mention it in your authors notes in your stories!

10/21/2010 #16
Serendipitist Swan

If this is really going to happen I could tell people on Fanfiction.net too. A couple of them do NaNo regularly.

10/21/2010 #17
Mi.Ishi

I think that I'm going to make it the same sort of rules as NaNo, so only original fiction, if you want to let them know.

10/21/2010 #18
Frayling0

Sure. Sounds good :)

10/21/2010 #19
xRayne wolfx

Oh wow, that sounds like fun :) I'm trying out the nanowrimo thing this year for the first time ^^ but this idea sounds like fun too so I look forward to both! . What's going to be the word goal for this event or what's gonna be the main concept for this in order to work? o.o

10/23/2010 #20
J. D. Bennett

I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year too! I'm still trying to come up with a really excellent idea though.

10/24/2010 #21
fudgyvmp

I couldn't think of anything either, I was half planning to just continue a story I've started but only count what I write in November, but I don't think that counts, so instead, sicne I have a deviant art account, I'm going to just base whatever I write off of the half my favs on DA.

10/24/2010 #22
Mandyla

I'm using an idea I got based on a dream I had about a year or so ago. I tried writing about it a while back but never got past the prologue and then gave up on it. Hopefully the changes I made to the idea will make me more motivated to get past it this time.

10/24/2010 #23
fudgyvmp

I'm remembering a dream about demon children again, I might do that, I'd always intended to but then didn't, the basing on art can be worked in easilly

10/24/2010 #24
Charactarantula

My plan for NaNoWriMo is basically Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the Apocalypse. I'm thinking randomly 3/4 of the world drops dead, and I plan on telling it from the point of view of three punks vandalizing, looting, and trying to make a living out of the ruin. :)

10/24/2010 #25
berley

How did I not hear of this before? This is amazing! I so want to try it!

10/24/2010 #26
Serendipitist Swan

My idea is a seriously messed up fairy tale in which the prince kidnaps the princess and locks her in a tower for twenty years, there are automatons running loose, and not everyone is white. Oh yeah.

10/25/2010 #27
fudgyvmp

who says everyone's white, didn't you ever see Cinderella, the queen, Cinderella and godmother were all black, and the prince Asian

10/25/2010 #28
Frayling0

My pseudo Celtic/Russian fantasy is going to begin when I finish Hailstorm so I won't use that for NaJaWriMo. Instead I'll use the opportunity to write something set in our own world (I very rarely write about Earth!) called 'Silent Force' - it's about the people behind every day goings on. The secretive organisations we know nothing about.

10/26/2010 #29
fudgyvmp

ohh sounds thrifty, i still need an idea for regular wrimo though. I got fifty, but none are particularly good. maybe i should try to write a novel with a point to it instead, that's why i never finish my stories, i just write them for fun without any major theme or topic

10/26/2010 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member