The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Stardrag

I think I still want to do Nano the old fashion way, but I'd like to do it your way to. It feels fun doing something with the community. every time I make a chapter, I'll put in a word for...what do we call it? Anyways, would it be cool if I ran an idea by you guys? Wonder if I could pull out more than 50, 000 words out of my butt for this challenge.

@fudgyvmp: I always end up with so many gods in my story...I have to stop doing that. Lol, I'm trying to make a bunch of story ideas for when I actually start selling my work, yah know? That way, I won't be strapped for so many ideas. Oh, I'm getting the first book in that series you told me about. The one that got all those protests.

10/27/2010 #31
Stardrag

I'lll post this up on the bar to. There is this sight called smashwords that allows you to sell your book as an ebook. They're having a special going on for ebooks made during Nanowrimo. they say you should price it for free just to get your name out there.

10/28/2010 . Edited 10/28/2010 #32
fudgyvmp

Hey Everyone. NaNo had officially started (in some places, like Japan). So lets getting geared up and ready.

If you haven't add your pals on NaNo

my screen name there is 'videdefudgyvmp'

10/31/2010 #33
Stardrag

Mine is the same as on here! I have to make up a simple language real fast!

10/31/2010 #34
Mandyla

Mine's the same as well. I still have to name a few things, but other than that I'm set, at least for my first few chapters...then the plot holes start coming.

10/31/2010 #35
Stardrag

@Mandyla: then you end up with an ending that you didn't expect

10/31/2010 #36
berley

Mine is the same as well. I still have no idea what I am going to write about. Well, I have a few general ideas, but nothing serious with a full plot set. Craaaaap.

10/31/2010 #37
fudgyvmp

or a character in 3 places at once

10/31/2010 #38
Stardrag

@berley: I'm equipped with a simple world replacement thing as a language, an end and a beginning and...I forgot the characters.

@fudgyvmp: out of those three characters, they somehow changed gender

10/31/2010 #39
fudgyvmp

@Stardrag

....what?

1 character, but some how he (and he is a he) is in 3 places at once....technically he can be in two, since he can send out his soul, but that doesn't account for the third appearance of him, he can't be inside fighting himself, and outside fighting his aunt.

10/31/2010 #40
Kurisuten

Hey guys, I've been kind of lurking around the forums (ooh, that sounds creepier when I type it...) and I've been thinking about participating in NaNo so I decided to pop in! :)

Well, if anyone cares, my idea for my story is to somehow incorporate the concept of internal conflicts and make it sort of supernatural, like a fight that someone is having inside oneself somehow is mirrored in their everyday lives. Yeah, that's pretty much all I've got, so we can all assume that I'm not going to make it for NaNo. Epic fail, anyone? xD

10/31/2010 #41
Stardrag

@Netty: that does sound kind of creepy...stalking my forum posts and what not. So they're actually fist fightning anger in their heads, while in real life, they're just feeling down? That sounds cool to me. Fail? Nanowrimo allows us too fail!

In the words of John Green, "Nanowrimo forces you to be disciplined and gives you permission to suck!" such sacred words.

10/31/2010 #42
Kurisuten

@Stardrag: Ehh, I guess I could have put it in better words. Rest assured, I'm not a stalker xD.

Well, my thought was more along the lines of....hmm...for example, if a person is having a tough time trying to make a decision in their mind, what if there was a physical reaction to that emotion in the real world? Basically like your emotions affect your tangible life. Like, because of their indecision, there is some sort of storm or something...

Haha, I've never heard of that before! ^-^ Words to live by, indeed.

10/31/2010 #43
Stardrag

@Netty: lol, that means I thought of the exact opposite instead! It can work fo so many genres that it needs to be written. How are you going to write it. I haven't gotten around to reading some of the stories up here for a while since I was writing my own chapter and preparnig for Nano. Didn't I tell you those words were sacred?

10/31/2010 #44
Kurisuten

@Stardrag: Yeah, narrowing the storyline down to a certain genre is going to be difficult in itself...That isn't even counting the need for character planning, development, the actual line of the plot...sigh. It's going to be a long November.

10/31/2010 #45
Mi.Ishi

I just came up with great motivation for people to finish their books for our own little NaNoWriMo that we're planning to have in...December? January?

Hahahaha, not to say that my skills are worthwhile....but I am going to offer my editing skills for someone's entire entry for our NaNo.

I need to figure out a way for people to win it though. Should we put all the entries into a poll, and people can vote for their favourite entry and the one with the most votes could win?

Anyway, good luck everyone with NaNo. Today is the first official day, and apparently there's already almost a million words in total worldwide for it. So that's pretty intense. I think I'm going to try, but I have no plot or anything yet....just a few sentences, haha. I doubt I'll have the time or inspiration to make it all the way, but this will be a pretty good way to get pumped for our NaNo.

11/1/2010 #46
Stardrag

@Mi.Ishi: I think we said for January, maybe, lol. That sounds so cool though!

@All: I feel so bad since my language thing is just starting to anoy me now! I'll have to just improve on it for the Nanowrimo thing that we are going to do later on/

11/1/2010 #47
Stardrag

@EVERYONE: I'm really wondering if I should write the whole thing out as one document or just write out the chapters in seperate documents, like Fictionpress requires of us here.

11/1/2010 #48
Mi.Ishi

Actually, I suggested Dec/Jan, and no one specified a time that worked better for them.

And if I were you I'd type it in one document, and if you decide to post to FP then you can copy paste into a new document. That way you have a master copy and individual chapters.

11/1/2010 #49
Stardrag

Hmm...I picked a bad time to do Nano. I don't think I'll be able to finish this year *sigh*. I'm to distracted by games and such at the moment because allot of them are influencing my writing too much. I just wrote a scene that came directly from a game.

Edit: I'll keep trying and if I don't make it, somehow, this story will get finished!

11/6/2010 . Edited 11/6/2010 #50
Eiya Weathes

I'm sorry for uh just uh...barging (?) in here but what's NaNoWriMo? I still don't get it when I see people posting stories labeled as such. -___-

11/21/2010 #51
Frayling0

Straight from the ever reliable (hmm...) Wikipedia:

"National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo) is an annual creative writing project coordinated by the non-profit organization The Office of Letters and Light. Spanning the month of November, the project challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel in one month. The project has been running since July 1999 by Chris Baty and started out with only 21 participants. In 2000 the project was moved to November and in the 2009 event, just under 170,000 people took part in the event, writing a total of over 2.4 billion words. Writers wishing to participate first register on the project's website, where they can post profiles and information about their novels, including synopsis and excerpts. Word counts are validated on the site, with writers submitting a copy of their novel for automatic counting."

Basically Amethyst, everyone tries to write a 50,000 word novel from scratch within the month of November. You can find their main website here: (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)

Because a lot of the writers on here are students and November isn't a good month for them, we're creating our own version called RHWriMo (Roadhouse Writing Month) which is going to be from January 1st to the end of January when hopefully we'll have more free time to take part. As far as I know, similar rules apply, just check Mi.Ishi's thread on the forum for the details. I hope you can take part :)

~ Luke ~

11/23/2010 . Edited 11/23/2010 #52
macabre thoughts
A JaNo is a sweet as idea! I'm in.
11/24/2010 #53
fudgyvmp

I finished! 3 hours to spare!

11/30/2010 #54
Mi.Ishi

Ah! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to do RHWriMo with us still?

11/30/2010 #55
fudgyvmp

only if i can break rules and work on something i already started. but I'll still cheer everyone else on.

12/1/2010 #56
Mi.Ishi

Hahaha, that's part of the rules. You just have to make sure you give 1) the original document's word count, 2) what you've added since then, and 3) the total word count of 1 and 2 together.

12/1/2010 #57
Sakina the Fallen Angel

Don't think I can make the January round...sad times. If this goes well, can we have a summer round too?

12/22/2010 #58
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member