The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Mi.Ishi

Welcome to the Roadhouse's Bar! This is the third bar we've created; that over 10 000 posts, and many more reviews!

I encourage patrons to do as they've been doing, but please check out the rules before posting! All rules are subject to change, as I've found that as patrons come and go, the way that reviews are asked for and received changes too.

---

As a caution, those that ask for a review and receive one will typically have to return the favour to the reviewer. You are not required to review back, but likelihood is you'll get some harsh words if you don't. It is courtesy to return reviews here, and highly encouraged.

I'd also like to inform people that outside promotion (of other threads, websites, etc), critique/review buddies, etc. all have their proper places in the forum and I ask that you direct yourself there instead of doing it here. There are too many posts as it is, we can't really clutter with other things. If you just want to chat, go ahead to the Poolhouse, our off-topic, casual thread!

---

Good reviews: Will typically outline the who, where, what, when, why and how of what you did or did not like about the stories. We ask that you try to avoid doing one-liners.

Now this is just an example and you can review however you like, but reviews that are not really good or not informative to the author enough are typically meaningless to the people asking for them.

Bad Reviews and One liners - "This was a good story." (Why was it good?)

"Give me more update soon." (Why?)

"I like the main character and the setting you used." (Why, and Why?)

A blog post about the subtleties of reviewing: http://the-hautelife.blogspot.com/2009/11/reviews- and-reviews-and-review-and-love.html

---

I would also encourage people, if they ask for reviews for a specific piece, to copy-paste the summary so that others can scope out what to read before they actually read it.

And don't forget to ask your bartender for a drink too! We serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic!

---

If there is an issue with a patron, or a topic of conversation that has come up, please direct the issue to me via PM (on my profile). I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

---

And without further ado...

Let the orders begin!!!!

5/17/2011 . Edited 4/25/2013 #1
Kobra Kid

Yeah buddy, first post :) So far today, I've reviewed...

Bittersweet Revenge by lozzeh (chapter one)

Meet Me at the Alter by LiberryBooked (chapter one)

The Love I Shouldn't Have by Purple-heart2 (chapter one)

---------------------

Wow, already a third bar? It felt like yesterday when I joined the second one! :D Glad that there's so many people that enjoy it, though!

Anyway, I would adore reviews on my story, RISE FROM THE ASHES. Of course, I'd be glad to return any reviews I get on it. Thanks! And now, off to do my Chemistry homework, gahhhh.

Summary: Keira Wilkson has had the gift of immortality since the day she was born. Or, is it a curse? Her and her family were living normal, simple lives in the small town of Sylver, until another Immortal finds out who they really are. Her whole life is twisted upside down after he pays a visit to her house one winter night. Lost, horrified, and on the brink of insanity, Keira now walks the world in search of answers, only to find more bloody secrets, and even more Immortals.

Genre: supernatural/adventure

5/17/2011 #2
Rosemarysgraden001

Ello I would like a review for Wider World Woman, chapter two would be nice, but if not no biggie.

~Rose~

5/17/2011 #3
Debbie Rushby

Hi Rose,

Just sent you a review, keep up the good work :)

5/18/2011 #4
Katerzzz

Yeah yeah! New bar!

:D

As usual, am gonna request reviews for all my stuff, my brain is currently working on overdrive atm trying to remember all this stuff but I hope to start wrting an update to something by Friday :)

5/18/2011 #5
LiberryBooked

I'd love reviews on my romance Meet Me at the Altar :). The summary is : As a wedding photographer, Nora has been surrounded by happy couples for all of her professional career. After waiting for her happy ending for so long, Nora's not so sure she's even going to get one anymore. But she has no idea what's in store for her.

I'm trying to improve on it so reviews would be awesome. Also, all reviews will be returned promptly. Just PM me with what you want me to review in return.

(If anyone's interested in betaing, I'd really appreciate a beta too!)

5/18/2011 #6
Superslow Jellyfish

Heyyy everyone! New forum page! (and we're mobile now, though the forums aren't, hooray CrackBerry Torch!)

Stuff I've reviewed/returned:

Upon a Shining Star (all 10 chapters, really addicting, about seven of them last night I read alone)

Tailored ch 17

Edward and Alice ch 3

Uh, yeah. That's pretty much it. Reviews accepted and returned with glee for Glorious Triumph and War of My Life, the latter of which I am offering a special. Reviews of adequate and acceptable length and effort (see our lovely mod's post in the 1st page) will be returned in-depth. I'm too lazy to post the summaries of both of these stories.

Byes!

5/18/2011 #7
xRayne wolfx

Tonight, I bring Sake (Japanese liquor) & soda :P lol if only..

I reviewed:

Tsubasa wo Hirogete & Hoshizora no shita by Vernelley. (Such beautiful songs, highly suggest you review them).

I wish to have reviews on the works I have on my profile.. I'll be back maybe this weekend with some new updates/post. Ciao for now :)

5/18/2011 #8
Jax Creation

Review returned to mandysoccer - 'The Mathews Scenario' chapter 1

---------------------------

I'd appreciate reviews to 'Of Rogues and Princes' - Fantasy: romance/adventure - T

Summary:The Insurgence saw the murder of the royal family and those loyal to them. Now, sixteen years later, Aurora finds herself stuck between her step-father's schemes and the Resistance's quest to crown the rightful King. This is a tale of rogues and princes.

Reviews will be returned by me or my co-author BellaRina Girl.

Thanks!

5/18/2011 . Edited 5/18/2011 #9
This Account is Inactive

Hey, wow. I JUST realized that the site was back up again when there were 90 emails in my inbox all from forum replies. Although I don't know who I need to 'pay back' right off the top of my head, I have the file on my computer somewhere... In the time that the site was out, I started The Enemy's Child over again. Yes, again. Now under a different title, genre, with different character names, and a slightly different plot. This will be the last time I make a big change. How do I know this? Easy, I'm going to force myself to stick with this version.

The story's temporary title is Masquerade.

Category: Fantasy

Genre(s): Romance/Adventure

Rating: T

Description: Elspeth thought she knew who she was. That is, until the most well-known and notorious criminal in the country swept her away and revealed to her all of the sinister plots, plans, secrets, and gaps that made up who she used to be. But who is she now?

P.S. I'm really sorry to everyone who has been waiting for a review and I swear I will get to them soon. Especially since school ends next week.

P.S.S. I'm also insanely sorry for being kind of critical in my reviews. I honestly don't mean to be. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. No one said anything, but I know that you are secretly saying 'who does she think she is?'. I'm going to try harder not to be. Promise.

~WLH

5/18/2011 #10
Kobra Kid

Since I didn't get home until 10 o'clock last night, I didn't have time to review. But I'm not doing anything today, so there will be lots of that tonight :)

In the meantime, any reviews on my story, RISE FROM THE ASHES, would be lovely and repaid! Thanks!

Summary: Keira Wilkson has had the gift of immortality since the day she was born. Or, is it a curse? Her and her family were living normal, simple lives in the small town of Sylver, until another Immortal finds out who they really are. Her whole life is twisted upside down after he pays a visit to her house one winter night. Lost, horrified, and on the brink of insanity, Keira now walks the world in search of answers, only to find more bloody secrets, and even more Immortals.

5/19/2011 . Edited 5/19/2011 #11
Souffle Girl

I would love any reviews on my supernatural/action storyRunning Up That Hill, and I'll happily return them. Thanks! :)

I'm headed off to school right now, so I can't take the time to review any other stories yet, but I read some of the summaries and I'll definitely be back later to read a bunch of them! :P

5/19/2011 . Edited 5/19/2011 #12
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu

Yay you're back Rayne!!!!! iirc I truly fear for the worst when you brought up that plagiarism s***. So does that mean that you're back into the fray for reviewing?

P.S: from Yours Truly concerning an SOS in the creative department: Oh creativity gods please don't dump me with random new story ideas again. -.- srsly my brain has hit some kind of random inspiration overdrive here due to the Lord of Vermillion arcade CCG. srsly that s*** has thrown my plans into a kaput state. So I dunno if I can sit down and clear my head in the writing department. But until I've managed to sort my insane brain back, reviews for Fate Sangokushi will be the most welcomed! :)

5/19/2011 #13
drazer434

Reviewed....

The Kiegen (chapter one) by ToxicCosmos

Glorious Triumph (chapter 2) by BarbieMonster

Running up that Hill (chapter 1) by beaux reves

------------------------------------------------------------------

Any reviews of my story Shades of Legend would be really appreciated and returned ASAP.

Summary: I have conversed with ice dragons in the endless ice fields. I visited the lost temple of Al'Anin and survived. I escaped from the catacombs of Klaeth-Dorn with my sanity intact. I have many names. Minstrel. Bard. Poet. My name is Fiothe.

5/19/2011 #14
WingedRose

Okay, I owe a review to Rose, so I'll get to that in just a second...

I'm requesting reviews for pretty much any of my stories. So, just click on my name, check out my stories and select one, pretty please! Thank you!!!

WingedRose*

5/19/2011 #15
AstheArtDictates

I could appreciate a few reviews for my stories too. In the meantime, I'm glad that you can submit signed reviews again.

5/19/2011 #16
berley

Hello everyone! I know I owe a review to one or two of you, and now that fictionpress is up again and I'm out of school for the summer I will be getting to them as soon as possible! I'm paranoid I'm forgetting someone, so if I owe any of you a review please let me know!

I've updated my story Young Lust and would really appreciate some review love on it! I return all reviews, and since I'm done school I will be able to return them much faster than I before.

Thanks in advance!

5/19/2011 #17
Whirlymerle

I reviewed:

Urbana Carna,ch 2,3 by Innocent Blood

Meet Me at the Altar, ch1,2 by Liberrybooked

Glorious Triumph, ch7,8 by MeAsIAm

The Hard Way, ch1 by Things and Mings

HOPE, by out-of-the-way

"I'm Sorry I Killed You.", ch1 by Nutiekins

Rooting for Romance, ch 1-7 by DutchAver

And a couple of other stories here and there.

~*~

Please review Beautiful Dreams, Twisted Realities and/or Chapter 4 of Whirlymerle's Potpourri. All reviews returned ASAP. Thanks!

5/19/2011 #18
Kobra Kid

I've reviewed...

Edward and Alice by Katerzzz (chapter two)

Of Rogues And Princes by Jax Creation (chapter two)

Running Up That Hill by beaux reves (chapter one, two)

--------------------

I'm requesting reviews, as usual, for my story, RISE FROM THE ASHES. All will happily be returned! Thanks!

5/19/2011 #19
Souffle Girl

Returned reviews from Kobra Kid and Drazer434.

Then I went ahead and reviewed one more chapter of Kobra Kid's Rise From the Ashes, since I'm really enjoying it!

I also reviewed Chapter 4 of Whirlymerle's Potpourri.

5/19/2011 . Edited 5/19/2011 #20
Kobra Kid

I've reviewed...

Glorious Triumph by Barbie Monster (chapter twelve)

Rooting For Romance by DutchAver (chapter six)

Adventures On The Tego Wastes by Debbie Rushby (chapter one)

--------------------

That's all I'll be able to do until Sunday night. Weekends are never a good time for me to review since I'm always busy. Meh.

But, I'd love some reviews on my story, RISE FROM THE ASHES. All will be returned! Thanks!

5/20/2011 #21
ShortcakeMattie

Hey everyone!

I reviewed:

Glorious TriumphChap 1-10 by BarbieMonster (Still have two chapters left to review!)

Rooting for RomanceChap 1-8 by DutchAver

I would like reviews for either of my stories and all reviews will be returned!

All the King's Men: When an earth-shattering secret shakes the loyalty of his two most trusted comrades, the king of thieves is left with only one choice: struggle to restore his honor, or watch his legacy crumble to dust.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2885616/1/All_The_Kings_Men

Upon a Shining Star: In the aftermath of his best friend trying to kill him, a king is left to piece his fragile kingdom back together with the ongoing threat of his friend's followers bent on fulfilling their leader's final wishes.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2897084/1/Upon_a_Shining_Star

5/20/2011 #22
Dreamers-Requiem

So, between essays and exams I finally have some spare time again! So, considering that, I'd love some reviews on any of my stuff, really. Specifically, it'd be great to get some on Into the Night (Original or Revised), and/or Fallen Leaves. Apart from that, I have some one-shots up that I'm considering expanding on or editing in the future, so if any of them catch your eye, great. Also, for anyone who read Minor Talent - I have a one-shot up called Isn't He Lovely that fans of MT might enjoy. Into the Night Revised / Original - Jake has just finished University - he's working in a boring, mundane life, is sleeping with his co-worker and would like something a little bit more exciting. When it hits, however, he's left wondering why he hated the mundane so much. Fallen Leaves - Scott is struggling to make it in the comedy business. The laughs just don't seem to be coming. Everything changes, however, at one fatal gig that Scott later wishes he'd never gone to. Cheers.

5/20/2011 #23
miragex

Returned review to The Matthews Scenario and Dayton, Spring 2547 two days ago; still holding onto the returns for Waiting For You (Since I find it easier to review new chapters than ones I read already lolx)

Plus reviewed Shades of Legend by Drazer434(ch 8) today.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to mandysoccer, I-am-happyand Debbie Rushbyfor you reviews on Chapter 10, Genectrols: DGeneration! It was most helpful and appreciated! (Glad that most people's fav character's Asuna, seeing that she's the protagonist :) )

Still looking for reviews specific to chapter 10, although I'm willing to return any reviewas long asit is SPECIFIC to ANY ONE of the last four chapters!

PS: if I forgot to return your review, please do PM me as a reminder :)

Thanks.

5/20/2011 #24
thenutrunningthenuthouse

I've only gotten to review Katerzz's Edward and Alice (chapter 3) but I will get back to reviewing ASAP and will return all reviews that I owe as soon as I possibly can.

As well as reviews for Tailored , I just posted a new story and would LOVE some feedback on it, titled The Second Life of The Murder. All reviews on both will be returned.

Tailored: Chord is an irresponsible, self-absorbed, stubborn, Joseph Stalin-idolizing street rat. Oh, and in a world where sick new terrorism methods have become social norms, he just happens to be a senator's son's only hope of survival.

The Second Life of The Murder: For Rose, it was one thing to find out that her "FILF" father was a master thief and her crazed Alabama English teacher was his partner, it was a whole other to be recruited by him on a school trip to Paris, working alongside said teacher's teenage nephew.

5/20/2011 #25
Souffle Girl

Returned reviews from ShortcakeMattie and Rose. Thanks guys! :)

I also reviewed thenutrunningthenuthouse's Tailored.

If anyone feels like it, I would love some reviews on my story Running Up That Hill! All reviews will be happily returned. :) If you do review, please specify that you're from the Roadhouse though. I'm also participating in The Review Game, and it can get kind of confusing which reviews I need to return and which I don't, and I don't want to miss anybody! If I do mess up and don't review back, just PM me.

Running Up That Hill: It doesn't take much to destroy your comfortable life forever. Sometimes, it just takes a creepy encounter outside of a Safeway, some unwelcome visitors, and yourself. Unfortunately for Luke, he has just the right combination.

Thanks!

5/20/2011 #26
seredemia

I am such a bad person.

Okay. I must return reviews this afternoon or so help me, I will punch myself.

~

Requesting reviews for Penumbrae! I need to update it... Maybe I'll do it this afternoon too.

~

Summary:

When the sun sets, the moon rises. When the moon wanes, the sun takes its place. Light and darkness can never meet. Never. Somehow, a cursed boy and a princess prove this wrong.

Link:

HERE.

5/21/2011 #27
seredemia

I reviewed:

Rise From The Ashes

~

And that's all I managed to do... I still owe HEAPS more, and I'm getting to them. Very slowly.

~

Requesting reviews forPenumbrae!

~

Summary:

When the sun sets, the moon rises. When the moon wanes, the sun takes its place. Light and darkness can never meet. Never. Somehow, a cursed boy and a princess prove this wrong.

Link:

HERE.

5/21/2011 . Edited 5/21/2011 #28
fat boy running

Reviewed beaux reves' Running Up That Hill.

Requesting reviews for Phoenix White Is Hot, which of course will all be returned. :)

Summary: Matt decided that he's finally going to talk to Phoenix, the boy he's sort of had somewhat of a crush on for a year. But is he really who he thinks he is?

5/21/2011 #29
Souffle Girl

Returned fat boy running's review!

Also, I reviewed chapters one and two of andHeavenfell's Penumbrae.

5/21/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member