The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Dolvich

All right, here is where you come to sit at the bar and put up what you want reviewed. Have fun! (This has been edited from the original version....)

This is certainly the bar that you need to come to get reviews, but we would like to caution all that do ask for a review. We are an equal opportunity bar and if we provide a review then a review is asked back in return. That is only fair. If you are not able to fulfill this obligation then ask for me - (Momo/ Chit-Chat-Cat) to review your story personally. I am the new moderator and I will work with you since I have a lot of reviews for my own work and I don't mind getting you started.

Now since there is a lot of renovations going on I am looking for people who will be bartenders and visit us to make sure the request are being handled expeditiously. You don't have to have a degree, but you do need to give a good review.

Good reviews are - Reviews that tell us what you liked, disliked, what type of feeling did you get from reading the piece and any comments on the characters involved.

Now this is just an example and you can review however you want, but reviews that are not really good or not informative to the author enough are normally the one liners.

Bad Reviews and One liners - "This was a good story." (Why was it good?)

"Give me more update soon." (Why?)

"I like the main character and the setting you used." (Why, and Why?"

Do you understand? Well now that that is out of the way, we will go on. If there are additions to the Reviewing rules than it will be added and please PM me if you want to add something that will assist us. Thank you for your time and sharing your wonderful story!!

Let the orders begin!!!!

6/11/2008 . Edited by Chancee, 7/13/2009 #1
Lime-Cat

*sits down at the bar shamelessly* >_>

Crown and Coke, please! lol...just kidding (although, it would be nice) =D

Could I get something for Cursed Blood from my page? Thanks! =3

6/19/2008 #2
Dolvich

Order up!

One Crown and Coke, one story read and reviewed.

Enjoy!

Hope you wanted that on the rocks...

6/19/2008 #3
Caecilia

Eh, I'd like a Mountain Dew on the rocks... With some maraschino cherries. ^.^

Then again... A review on any of my stuff would be great...

Preferably Ending Words or Sleepless Night

6/20/2008 #4
Dolvich

Order up!

One Mountain Dew on the rocks, with marachino cherries.

Read and reviewed "Ending Words", "Sleepless Night", and "Losing".

6/20/2008 #5
Kikyuu

Don't suppose you serve meals here?

In lieu of some food, I'd like a review for Speak the truth, Praying or The blind leading the blind. Please don't feel any obligation to do more than one - I'll feel guilty.

6/21/2008 #6
Trmpetplaya1

I just stumbled across this forum; great idea! I know I'm not a bartender, but I felt weird leaving a request without a review, so I went ahead and did The blind leading the blind. Hope that's okay...

Truth be told, I'm in need of some bartender advice. I'm going to be honest: I suck at summaries. If you'd be so kind as to check out 99 Problems and give me some insight into a better summary, that'd hit the spot. I feel like my current one is misleading (I can explain more if need be, since all might not be revealed through what's uploaded right now). No review is necessary.

I'd just appreciate the advice :)

6/22/2008 #7
dragonflydreamer

Order up!

One review given to 99 Problems.

6/23/2008 #8
Dolvich

Kikyuu-

Order up!

Not much on food, but I got a little wood stove back here. Whipped you up a burger with all the fixin's, if you're partial to those. Enjoy. Also, reviewed "Speak the Truth" and "Praying".

Very well done.

Course, had to make a burger for myself. Hmmm...burger...

6/23/2008 . Edited 6/23/2008 #9
Chidori Nadare

Err...I'd like a cup of caffe latte (if it's not available, any type of coffee would do), please.

A review on any of my stuff would be great,

Preferably Blank Ice Dream or Dissension in a Dungeon

6/23/2008 #10
Kikyuu

Order up! I'm not so good at working the coffee machine so I hope you like instant coffee... and a review for Blank Ice Dream.

(Am I partial to burgers? Hell yeah I am! Do you really need to ask?)

6/24/2008 #11
Alive Out of Habit

I'll take a straight-mans drink, AppleTini, easy on the tini.

I guess I should also ask for a review before I actually get hired. You can't be a bartender and be drinking on the job, know what I mean?

Please review only story if you don't mind.

6/25/2008 #12
Violent Messiah

Howdy, all! I'd like an Irish Car Bomb , and while I'm downing that could I get a review of Storm Of Blood And Darkness and/or An Anti Hero's Tale? Thanks muchly!

6/25/2008 #13
403 Forbidden

One Coke on the rocks, please.

Please review Pain if possible.

6/26/2008 #14
Dolvich

Order up!

One Coke on the rocks, and a review for "Pain."

Enjoy!

6/26/2008 #15
Violent Messiah

(Slides Atomic an extra review for Pain) Hope that helps, chica.

6/26/2008 #16
Alive Out of Habit

Violent, I noticed that you didn't get your drink.

Slides it over along with a revew of An Anti Hero's Tale.

There you go.

6/26/2008 #17
Violent Messiah

Heh...thanks, Supa. I was beginning to think people forgot about me.

Of course, if other still want to review my two stories, I would be greatly appreciative. -=D

6/26/2008 #18
Bazooka Joy

Just a simple water for me. Lame, I know.

How about...hmmm...The Outlands of Azure. I'm actually proud of that one!

6/27/2008 #19
Alive Out of Habit

Would that be bottled water? *Slides over a icy plastic bottle of spring water.*

And here is your review, would you like a receipt with that? Actually, It doesn't matter, the review is a reciept. Have fun!

6/27/2008 #20
Amarone

One piña colada topped with a maraschino cherry, please :3.

Anything that's posted on mine is up for a review :) Thanks!

6/28/2008 #21
Chidori Nadare

Order up!

One piña colada topped with a maraschino cherry...and a review for nails on rusted cement.

Enjoy!

6/30/2008 . Edited 6/30/2008 #22
dragonflydreamer

One iced tea on the rocks! (what? I'm 14 . . .)

Some nice honest concrit on A Fantasy Alive would be nice. Don't worry about the "DO NOT READ" label, for you have been given my permission. Otherwise, I'd have to kill you . . .

7/3/2008 #23
Selarose

Order up!

One iced tea on the rocks...and a review for "A Fantasy Alive".

I know what you mean about the DO NOT READ tag. I have one on one of my stories, but people ignore it anyway... XD

-- Yes, I am alive. Funny (not really) story, actually.... Oh, but--I'd like to assume a part-time status, Dolvich.

7/3/2008 #24
Dolvich

Just wanted to say that I'm very proud of all the Bartenders. Seems like everyone is getting their order quickly, and no one's cup is running dry... Awesome.

Gotcha, Stella Luella Chick. Was getting a mite worried about you. Glad to have you back.

7/3/2008 #25
Violent Messiah

Being the part time bartender I am, I can fetch my own coffee...but can I get a review for An Anti Hero's Tale (later chapters preferred, please) or Storm Of Blood And Darkness? Thanks! -=x

7/3/2008 #26
Imaginary Rose

Can I get an appletini and a review for any chapter of Remember, Remember.

7/7/2008 #27
Dolvich

Order up!

One appletini and one review for "Remember, Remember". Read the whole thing, review applies to all.

Thanks for the chance to read it!

7/7/2008 #28
Imaginary Rose

Violent Messiah you seem to have the unfortunate luck of being constantly overlooked.

Reviewed Storm of Blood and Darkness. Pretty good if you're into zombies.

7/7/2008 #29
PhantomBialystock

I'd like a hamburger with mustard, ketchup, onions, and . . . forget about that, actually. I'd just like a review for my new story Connections:

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2543698/1/Connections

Thanks! :D

7/10/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member