The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

EDIT: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE GOINGS ON OF FICTIONPRESS, THE ROADHOUSE, OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER, PLEASE POST THEM HERE. THANKS.

-YOUR MOD, SHAY

---

Didn't know where else to put these since I got no answers from the PMs (so feel free to delete this if inappropriate!).

1. How big are the obligations for being a Bartender (ie one that reviews). Does one have to review everyone that requests, or can they pick and choose, or will there be a system?

2. Can one ask for stories/poems other than your own to be reviewed? Will there be a max limit in that case?

6/19/2008 . Edited by Mi.Ishi, 8/1/2010 #1
Dolvich

Not to worry, Frac. My email is a bit twitchy at best, and more often than not refuses to work, despite how much I yell at it. Bloody email accounts...

Anyway, in answer to your questions-

1. For the Bartenders, it's basically a first come first serve basis for those who make requests. Granted, that will result in some folks getting more than one review, but that's not a bad thing. Once you review someone, just reply to them to let them know. For now, that's pretty much it.

2.As for asking for other people's stories to be reviewed, hadn't thought of that... I can't see the harm from that. More love to spread around.

Any more questions, feel free to let me know. I'll be around.

6/19/2008 #2
Selarose

So you can't pick and choose?

I don't like reading certain genres...otherwise, I'd sign up to be a "bartender".

6/20/2008 #3
Dolvich

Stella Luella Chick-

No, by all means, you can pick which stories you want to read. I wouldn't ask anyone to read anything they didn't want to.

Read what you want to. As long as folks get the reviews their looking for, then the love is spread and everyone is enjoying themselves.

By the way, I love the penguin...

6/20/2008 #4
dragonflydreamer

This is just for future reference as well as for the benefit of others:

Are bartenders allowed to ask for their own stories to be reviewed by fellow bartenders?

On another note, as said by Dolvich, the penguin is awesome!

6/21/2008 #5
Dolvich

dragonflydreamyr- absolutely. Any one can post asking for reviews, even Bartenders. We're just the folks who usually do the reviewing.

6/21/2008 . Edited 6/21/2008 #6
dreamer999

Is there a chat topic, mister?

7/16/2008 #7
Dolvich

Aye, that would be the "Shooting Pool, Shooting the Breeze."

Feel free to speak about whatever pops into your mind. Like clouds. Or Honey Roasted Peanuts.

Hmm... Honey roasted...

7/16/2008 #8
dreamer999

Hmmmm...dreams...

Ok, thanks mister!!

7/16/2008 #9
Caecilia

So is there going to be another Beer Run?

And if so, when's it going to be?

7/24/2008 #10
Thoughtful Silence

Heh, I could do with another trophy :)

7/24/2008 #11
Caecilia

Heh. Next time, I'll actually try and give you a run for your money.... err trophy

7/24/2008 #12
concerto49

Has this been asked?

Is there a number of times per story you can request a review for? Or per person or at a particular time?

7/26/2008 #13
Violent Messiah

I could swear Dolvich covered this somewhere, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a limit to how many times you can have a story reviewed. A number of people have had a piece reviewed more then once, myself included. As for per person or at a particular time, I would guess that would be more of a common courtesy thing. If the number for people looking for a review is big, go easy...but if its pretty slow at the bar like it is at the moment of this post, go for it. Heck, I'll personally take it on now...I got some time between writing to spare.

7/26/2008 #14
Selarose
When IS the next beer run? I think it should be a bi-monthly or monthly thing.
7/26/2008 . Edited 7/26/2008 #15
Caecilia

I'd want it to be bi-monthly. That'd probably work the best

7/26/2008 #16
Selarose
So...July is over. Is the Employee of the Month thing going to go into effect, or is it still just an idea, Dolvich?

And the next Beer Run--when?

8/2/2008 #17
Dolvich

Argh, questions I didn't see. Sorry... I dozed off behind the bar.

1. The Employee Of The Month will be coming very soon, I just need to iron out a few things. One day, maybe two, and we'll settle down to figure it out.

2. Beer Run will be happening soon. Very soon... (ominous chuckle)

I'll be around more often these days. Not to worry. But if you see me napping, nudge me with a shoe...

8/6/2008 #18
Mrstress

Hey, Dolvich, I've got a question for you...

Because the bar is so nice, this place might explode with people very, very soon. I was wondering if you were considering an off-FP site, so we can catch up on all of the latest updates (once there gets to be like 100 posts to every topic, it's sort of hard to get a handle on all the new happenings). If you have ever considered one, I offer my services. I can use HTML and stuff like that, make banners, if you want, and flashies too. I know I'm new here and probably don't warrant that trust quite yet, but I'll earn it :)

8/12/2008 #19
FuckMeAlice

Hey Dolvich, if we had your blessing, could we make other threads?

8/18/2008 #20
Caecilia

Hey, S'Dusty,

In the house rules it covers your question. He says we can post anything, even topics about our favorite flower.

3. Have fun. Write about anything. Post topics about your favorite flower, if you want. As long as we keep the stories coming, the reviews flowing, and the laughter high, then I've done something right.

8/18/2008 #21
FuckMeAlice

Heheh.

I missed that.

Well! Away I go.

8/18/2008 #22
This is not a name

Hey Dolvich, can I marry a snake? Is that illegal, if I like, asked Cae to be my minister and married a snake right in the Ace of Spades thread?

9/5/2008 #23
Caecilia

I would have to get a license or something to be your minister, first...

9/5/2008 #24
You'll Never Walk Alone

Hmn. Well, hurry up then, schnell, schnell!

9/5/2008 #25
Caecilia

*sigh*

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can get them online... For nondenominational stuff and whatnot. Now I think I'll actually look into that.

9/5/2008 #26
Caecilia

Trying to get this to the top again...

We need to flag this topic up to the top!

10/6/2008 #27
Caecilia

Just posting to get this topic to the top again.

11/6/2008 #28
Stormer

Hi, just reposting the question I put in a new thread (thanks for the tip Nathan):

Does anyone know of a forum on here that gives help with formatting stories for upload to FP.com? I find the options to be extremely limited and I would like some tips on what meagre little bits and pieces of formatting I'm actually permitted to use. For instance I vaguely recall there was the option of putting in a horizontal bar to separate sections of your chapters (though I would much rather use my trusty old asterisks!).

11/27/2008 #29
Caecilia

Oh!

Yeah, formatting on FP can be a real b***h.

For the horizontal bar, when you're editing a story, there's a button you can click to get you one. It's to the left of the center-alignment button.

Does that answer your question?

11/27/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member