The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Dolvich

Thought I'd walk over to the pool tables and play a game. Talk about whatever's going on.

So, I head Geroge Carlin died. That's a damn shame.

6/23/2008 #1
Trmpetplaya1

No kidding. It's kind of a shock to me; I was watching a program on the History channel just last month on comedy, and he was one of the interviewees. Now he's gone. Sobering, for sure.

Shall I break? ::lines 'em up::

6/23/2008 #2
Dolvich

Go ahead and break, I gotta to find my chalk.

Charlton Heston died too. Seems like all kinds of folks be kicking out.

Course, it seems like just yesterday that I read in the paper that Charles Bronson died. Man made some good movies.

6/24/2008 #3
Kikyuu

I'm feeling a little out of place, since I have no idea how to play pool. Just dropped by to ask if I can do anything to further promote this forum, and what's been done already - since we've got all these nice bartenders it seems a bit of a shame that no one's stepping up to the bar.

7/2/2008 #4
Alive Out of Habit

The best way I found is just to put it in your profile, which you have already done, and everytime you review someone, mention this place at the end of your review.

7/2/2008 #5
Dolvich

I'll be honest, I'm still surprised at the number of folks that are stopping by. Didn't think this little bar would be that popular.

Although, and I figured I'd ask ya'll what you thought, was wondering if there be any type of contests or fun stuff we could do. I was thinking of starting an "Employee of the Month" thing, but I'm still working on that.

Let me know what ideas you got. Either here or PM me, I should be able to get back to you pretty quick like.

I gotta go clean some glasses, I'll be around.

7/3/2008 #6
Violent Messiah

Employee of the Month sounds like something a bar should have, even though I'll probably never win it with my schedule. -=x

7/3/2008 #7
Trmpetplaya1

Maybe we could compile a sort of "Bartender's Bible", with all our favorite recipes for different kinds of reviews. And I like the "Employee of the Month" idea. How would you decide? Number of reviews? Quality of reviews? Promptness in serving?

I like games, too. But I can't seem to think of any that aren't already in existence elsewhere in the forum realm.

Speaking of games, I guess I'll break. ::breaks:: Wow. I suck at pool even in my imagination. Who's next?

7/3/2008 #8
Alive Out of Habit

I don't see how a Employee of the Month would attract more people, it may give an incentive for bartenders to stay and review, but thats it.

Perhaps we can hold contest and such, or as mentioned, games.

7/3/2008 #9
Kikyuu

I like the idea of a 'Bartender's Bible' - although that might be biased due to the number of RG people over here.

It'd be nice if we could have a sort of review rampage through FP once in a while just to promote The Roadhouse. A bit like the Review Marathon, but probably not as organised...

7/4/2008 #10
Dolvich

Sorry, we ran out of pretzels. Had to go get some more.

I like the "Bartender Bible Idea", although, Kikyuu, I have to say I don't know what RG means.

Employee of the month, I don't know. Maybe number of reviews given, and promptness, and voting? Like I said, I'm still working on that. Kind of busy at work, so I apologize.

And anything with the word "Rampage" in it gets my fur all perked up like. Someone want to explain that one?

Great, now we're out of peanuts. I'll be right back.

7/7/2008 #11
Kikyuu

Oh sorry, Dolvich. RG stands for The Review Game and if you check out the link in my profile you can also have a look at The Review Marathon, which I referred to in my last post. As for the 'review rampage', I meant something along the lines of there being a day when we converge on FP and attempt to spread the review love. And, of course, blatantly advertise The Roadhouse while we're at it.

7/7/2008 #12
Trmpetplaya1

Oooooo, blatant advertising.

Love it ;)

And the "RG" thing had me stumped, too, so thanks for the clear up. I should start putting forums on my profile as well; sounds like a great idea...

7/8/2008 #13
Selarose

7/11/2008 . Edited 2/2/2009 #14
dreamer999

Hello.

7/12/2008 #15
dreamer999

I actually posted here? wow...I didn't even know...

Is anybody here?

7/16/2008 #16
Dolvich

I'm around, for a wee bit. Just sweeping up after some folks.

What you up to?

7/16/2008 #17
dreamer999

Something that doesn't include staring at the ceiling or floor. Wassup?

7/16/2008 #18
Dolvich

Just another night in the middle of nowhere.

Saw in your pleasntries that you're in Mexico. Where at?

7/16/2008 #19
dreamer999

Safest place from natural disaster, Nuevo Leon.

7/16/2008 #20
Dolvich

Sorry, got called away for a wee bit, and now I'm off to bed.

Take care, dreamer. I'll be around.

7/16/2008 #21
dreamer999

BYE BYE MISTER!!

7/16/2008 #22
Violent Messiah

(Stands behind the bar, cleaning glasses and just yakking to anyone listening)

...So I'm laid up sick, right? Of course I got nothing to do but think or sleep and I've already slept enough, so I get to thinking. One of the things I got to thinking about is what would happen if somehow, by a miracle, a story of mine made it big time and I got a chance to sell out and go Hollywood?

I got to thinking..."Who would I want to direct in the big screen adaption?" and I tried to imagine who would fit well. I came to the conclusion that if my story, either An Anti-Hero's Tale or The Things They Say About Her (working title for my spy-revenge yarn...what do you think? The other choice is Black Autumn), I'd want John Woo directing. That would be so sick, especially with the zombie story...I just dig his sense of "stylized action", you know?

Oh, and I'd rather die then let Michael Bay direct my movie. Harsh, I know...but I really hate his stuff. Almost as much as Uwe Boll. Almost.

So anyway, who would you like to direct your big screen adaption if you got the say so in it?

7/16/2008 #23
dreamer999

*ignores everything XD*

WASSUP LADY(? or mister?)?!

7/16/2008 #24
Thoughtful Silence

Gotta be Danny Boyle. I loved Sunshine, 28 Days Later, Trainspotting... AND he is British. Not more you can ask for really :)

And, John Woo? Hope you like pretentious screen shots of doves XD

7/16/2008 . Edited 7/16/2008 #25
dreamer999

7/16/2008 #26
dreamer999

Sunshine...sunshine on a spotless mind?

7/16/2008 #27
Thoughtful Silence

Nah, it's just called Sunshine... starring Cylian Murphy? Though I like S.O.A.S.M.... if that's the one with Kate Winslet and... er... Jim Carrey?

Whoops, gotta go. Au revoir.

7/16/2008 . Edited 7/16/2008 #28
dreamer999

aufwiedersehen

7/16/2008 #29
Violent Messiah

"And, John Woo? Hope you like pretentious screen shots of doves XD"

Heh...actually, I do like those shots. A lot of directors have signature shots or styles that they stick in film after film, and no one has one as outrageous as him. Something about that I just gotta like...that and his appreciation for action and violence almost equals mine. Not quite but he's close...

Danny Boyle would be a great candidate to do another zombie story, but I don't know about an all out action flick, guns blazing and all that. Might be interesting, especially with his style of camera work.

7/16/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member