The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Violent Messiah

"Zerom, once I finish reading Heaven's Requiem, I'll start reading your zombieness. But, I dunno if I'll point it out. Sometimes I'm just reeeallly slow."

Heh...don't worry, Cae. There are people on two different boards that have been following that serial from the start and they haven't noticed it yet. Heck, I wrote the thing and it took someone to point it out to me. Great, now I'm annoyed with my ex again. *grumble*

"Shame. How can you not've done the zombie walk!? It's freaking awesome. If I ever go to Atlanta and am in town while the Zombie Walk goes on, I am SO participating. It'll be awesome."

I dunno why I don't do it, I just never get around to it. Maybe because I side more with the zombie killers then I do the zombies. -=)

Well, if you're ever in Atlanta during Horror Con, which takes place in October, you can shuffle along with them.

8/18/2008 #301
FuckMeAlice

I'm putting that on my bucket list. I have a thing for zombies.

8/18/2008 #302
Violent Messiah

A bucket list? lol! Um, isn't it way too soon for you to have one of those?

8/18/2008 #303
FuckMeAlice

You never know. i might get hit by a bus tomorrow. It'l be good to know what I'm missing out on while I die in the emergency room.

8/18/2008 #304
Mrstress

Hey everyone, just dropping in to say hello. And for those of you who actually read my work, I'm moving soon, so the writing will probably be at a minimum for a little bit-- but every story I have posted there I intend on finishing. Gauntlets and Grey Eyes, for example, will be completed in probably five to six chapters. It's taken me two years to write, and I have to go back and edit what I wrote in the beginning (it's probably brutal compared to how I've grown), but there are over sixty chapters, and I plan on seeing about getting it published.

So, long story short, I won't be writing much soon. I'm about 1/3 of the way done the geisha painting I have to do, though :)

8/18/2008 #305
Caecilia

Well, I can see the whole 'I side with Zombie killers-ness' attitude going on, but you really should do it sometime Zerom. Never know what you're missing out on. Well, I might catch it *shrug* We'll find out sooner or later.

S'Dusty. That's kinda really depressing. If you're lucky, you'll die quickly.

That's good with the painting. Hey, when it's done, can we see it?

8/18/2008 #306
Violent Messiah

lol! Yikes, Dusty...if you're lucky, you'll be smacked out on morphine or demoral while in the ER and not wake up till the ICU, like I was. -=x

Good luck with the move, Coma. And 60 chapters? Heh...show off. -=p Now I seriously have to get cracking, just to feel like I accomplished something. You cook, you paint, AND you knock out 60+ chapters of writing? Gee, thanks for the added pressure, lady. j/k (kidding about the pressure, not the lady part)

Actually, Cae, watching the Dawn Of The Dead remake made me realize why I really don't do the zombie walk...they move too slow! Now if they had a Dawn Of The Dead '04 Zombie Run? I'd be all over that. -=)

There's something I've always meant to ask you, Cae. Why don't you try your hand at non poetry fiction? I mean, you kinda took a stab at it a little with Jude And Nix, which was pretty good. Why not take the plunge?

8/19/2008 #307
FuckMeAlice

Sorry about the moment of depressiveness. I've been having random moments like that lately.

I think Caeci could write a really good story.

8/19/2008 #308
Violent Messiah

Heh...good to see someone agrees with me. Now we can bug her to write one together.

And would this mild bout of depressiveness have anything to do with that party this past weekend?

8/19/2008 #309
FuckMeAlice

Just a bit.

8/19/2008 #310
Violent Messiah

Aww...I'm sorry. I saw on the other forum what you said happened. The cold was just added insult. In the future, should you do something like that again, either do it indoors or bring an umbrella. People only do it in the movies because the script calls for it and the water is warm, with towels waiting for them. -=x

(hopefully that made you smile) -=)

8/19/2008 . Edited 8/19/2008 #311
FuckMeAlice

Yep, I'm smiling.

8/19/2008 #312
FuckMeAlice

439 posts and we can be #8 people!

Let's do this thing!

8/19/2008 #313
Caecilia

@zerom- There's something I've always meant to ask you, Cae. Why don't you try your hand at non poetry fiction? I mean, you kinda took a stab at it a little with Jude And Nix, which was pretty good. Why not take the plunge?

Heh, I've tried before Zerom, I actually have a story right now... I just have no attention span [yet, everyone around me thinks I do. Parents, teachers *rolls eyes* They're wrong *nods*]. I kinda have two stories. One has about a page for a beginning, then I got bored and wrote the end of it, so it has no middle. The other one has about a page... It's about a highschool kumquat-worshipping cult.

Gah!! Don't bug me to write stories!! I write random poem-story hybrids because they don't demand me to continue to write them!!! -_- Now my laptop will try to make me write stories...

8/19/2008 #314
Violent Messiah

"It's about a highschool kumquat-worshipping cult."

*jaw drop*

Wha...? Seriously?

See, now I wanna read that! -=x

8/19/2008 #315
FuckMeAlice

Kumquat is the best word ever. I want to read it too!

8/19/2008 #316
Caecilia

=D over the summer I have become bizarrely obsessed with kumquats....

I'll let you guys know when I get done with it. It needs a lot of work.

8/19/2008 #317
Mrstress

Haha the only reason why I can write like that is because I don't push myself to. The chapters come when they do... I mean, if you take the fact it's been 2 years and 6 months since I've started it, and there are 77 chapters, that means I only wrote 2.56. (the 2nd period means repeating) chapters a month. The trouble happens when you get crazy ideas for stories and somehow manage to end up writing three novels in tandem. I expect 1000 years to be shorter, though (hopefully). As for re-using names, it's the truth. I'm notorious for it. I've got a few favourite names (Morwen, Malakai, Morgana, Laelas, Damien, Damian, Myk'vet-- I made that name up :D), and you'll sort of see them pop up all over. I'm bad for that. *hides*

Kumquats, eh? Hmm... Maybe you should make your next story about Monkfish. They're cute... :P

8/19/2008 #318
FuckMeAlice

I'm going to name my kid Damien.

I changed my avatar! It's a teacup now!

8/20/2008 #319
heart shaped box x3

Damien is one of my favorite names that I am notorious for re-using as well. I get totally ADD with stories and never finish them.

8/20/2008 #320
FuckMeAlice

I know the feeling...

8/20/2008 #321
Mrstress

With me, while I might not write a story for a few months, I always know I'll come back to it. Unless I decide I hate where the story is headed. GAGE was abandoned for several months, and I'd just go back and reread it to see what direction I could head in next, and then I finally came up with something, and it ended up being a major turning point in the story.

If you love the story enough, do yourself the favor to just keep whittling away at it-- eventually you'll get it finished, professional writers take years to finish books too, it's not like it has to be a rush job. I find that the encouragement from reviews really helps me, but I could never take the pressure of doing a serial, where people expect a bi-weekly update. It makes me write worse, when I try to force it. Does anyone else find that happens to them too?

8/20/2008 #322
FuckMeAlice

I find it's definitely easier to do it at your own pace. I could definitely never be a professional writer with deadlines and stuff like that, because I'd never get anything done from the stress. I write when the mood strikes me. I sometimes force myself to continue with something, but I'm definitely more the kind of writer that prefers to go with the low, be it smooth or rocky.

8/20/2008 #323
heart shaped box x3

Yeah, I can never really force myself to write. I don't know, I guess stories aren't my thing. The beginning always comes out decent, and then it's just downhill from there.

Reviews and encouragement from friends does help, even so, I can never finish a story.

8/20/2008 #324
Caecilia

I can never finish stories either... That's my problem. And for the name Damien? That's one of the main guys name in my highschool kumquat-worshipping cult story. Hmm, I think he's going to get his name changed

8/20/2008 #325
Violent Messiah

Heh...good to know I'm not the only one with a reoccurring theme in my stories. I thought I was just weird.

As for deadlines, I'm trying to get better with them as I want to be published, and that's just a part of the game. I'm trying to do a chapter a week for my stories, and that will probably get better once I get a laptop and get off my desktop.

8/20/2008 #326
FuckMeAlice

It's cool that you want to be published. People would probably read your stuff too. A chapter a week? O.O wow.

8/20/2008 #327
Caecilia

I could probably pull out a chapter a week, if I put my mind to it. On FF my chapters (I write with my friend) are like 4,000-5,000 words... Kinda long. I'd probably cut them down though.

I want to be published, but I don't think I could get a whole novel yet. Maybe a short story or two though. I'm working to get stuff I really like.

8/20/2008 #328
Violent Messiah

Heh...I hope people would want to read my stuff. And yeah, currently it's a chapter a week per story, as in one week the zombie story and the next week the angel/demon story. Once I get my laptop, I'm going to try and finish both before the end of the year, but don't hold me to that. -=x

8/20/2008 #329
Caecilia

Ah, I can't wait to start reading your zombie story Zerom. So has anyone caught the mistake yet?

8/20/2008 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member