The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Selarose

Hey,

This is a place for general news pertaining to The Roadhouse which we all might want to know about. Post news here whenever the need arises. Basically, this is so we can know what's going on, especially if we've been gone a few days/weeks/months. Consider it a central place to stay informed.

Do try to keep posts relevant. There is a topic (or two) for chatting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run-down of things going on (as of August, 2010):

The Roadhouse (RH) gets a facelift. Ode to axed games: The Roadhouse's Lyrics Game, The Chill Corrupting Game, High Five, The Dark Corner of Stalking..., Roadhouse Mafia, The Jukebox in My Pants, and Favorite Quote. RIP. It was nice knowing some of you.

7/26/2008 . Edited 8/26/2010 #1
Selarose

Edit: Nvm XD

8/4/2008 . Edited 8/9/2008 #2
Dolvich

Let me find a thumbtack...

All Bartenders: Check out the topic "We are who we are, and we do what we do" when you get the chance.

Thanks.

8/7/2008 #3
Dolvich

*cough* Beer Run *cough

8/11/2008 #4
Caecilia

Three games now!

We have High Five!

8/13/2008 #5
Caecilia

for the applied for bartenders::

Stardust Seraphim

FrameJock

alittlebitconfused

Have all wanted to become halftimers at least. I think more... maybe.

8/17/2008 #6
Dolvich

Beer run winner has been decided. Check it out, and the trophy case.

Woohoo!

8/21/2008 #7
Dolvich

As it is an awesome event, I thought it worthy to get put up here:

I'm a godfather. Makayla, born 7lbs 6oz. And a wee lil cutie, from what I've seen.

Good buddy of mine just had his first kid born. Damn shame that we couldn't be there to see it.

I'll pass the cigars around. Woohoo!

8/26/2008 #8
This is not a name

CONGRATULATIONS DOLVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need more games... and more people to play games...

9/5/2008 #9
Caecilia

Well, what games do we need?

9/5/2008 #10
You'll Never Walk Alone

I dunno... something fun that people will want to play more...

9/5/2008 #11
Caecilia

Well, go troll other forums and bring back ideas. Then tell me where they are, and we can think of a coolie name for them and then I can put more up.

9/5/2008 #12
You'll Never Walk Alone

luyfuybj

9/6/2008 . Edited 10/26/2008 #13
Imalefty

lefty here, from the review game.

hey, at least ASK us before you take our idea, please. -_-; we're pretty generous people, but not when others are stealing our ideas from us..

-Lefty

9/7/2008 #14
Charactarantula

I've played the majority of your games on other forums, Lefty. (Well, not the review game, but all your forum games) Ideas aren't copyrighted.

No harm done, right?

Cheers.

9/7/2008 #15
Caecilia

That sounds fun. What would we call it?

9/7/2008 #16
Charactarantula

I might as well bring in Mafia just to see how it does...

9/7/2008 #17
Caecilia

You wanna be the GM?

And what should we call it? 'Mafia' just doesn't have a Roadhouse-y feel to it.

9/7/2008 #18
Charactarantula

That's true. We do need a title more fitting for the Roadhouse.

And yeah, I can definitely GM.

9/7/2008 #19
Kyllorac

Ideas aren't copyrighted.

Perhaps not, but they do fall under the umbrella of "Intellectual Property." This intellectual property thing is what protects your stories' plots from being used by people who are too lazy to think up their own.

No harm done, right?

Lefty and Frac have worked very hard to make the RG what it is. It is a slap in the face to use their ideas/make something identical to what they already have without their permission, and hurts their feelings.

And it is not that they guard their work jealously; all you have to do is ask their permission to use one of their ideas, give them credit, and prove to them that you will be committed to maintaining whichever idea you asked to use.

Now, while the games portion is not one original to the RG, the least you all could do is come up with different games that will be unique to The Roadhouse.

9/7/2008 #20
Caecilia

Hmm... Mafia... Roadhouse...

I've got nothing.

9/7/2008 #21
Caecilia

Our apologies, Kyllorac, Lefty, no offense is meant.

If we do even use it, we will ask.

9/7/2008 #22
Charactarantula

I'm not trying to offend, Kyllorac. I understand that you folks have worked hard to make your forum what it is, and I respect that. I was just pointing it out that all they did was borrow an idea for a game. A game that isn't restricted to just The Review Game's forum, and (I don't even know which game we're talking about, but) probably wasn't originally created there.

I don't think this is something to tweak about. We're here to talk, have fun, meet folks, and get quality reviews, just like you people are. I almost wish that we weren't all sqaundered off into seperate forums and it was one massive one...

Cheers.

9/7/2008 . Edited 9/7/2008 #23
Caecilia

Hey, Blindy, why don't you play any games here?

9/7/2008 #24
Charactarantula

I played High Five once.

I'm not sure, none of them really piqued me interest. I played some real awesome forum games back in the day...it's a shame that forum ain't what it used to be. Great times.

9/7/2008 #25
You'll Never Walk Alone

@ Kyllorac-

Besides that- we'd ask first. We aren't that mean. As a matter of fact. We'd invite them over to play with us. It's much funner to play with friends.

And also, I love Frac. I even wrote a poem about her- Ode to Frac...

IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY.

9/7/2008 . Edited 9/7/2008 #26
FuckMeAlice

I have a bit of an announcement to make-

Lately, I've been feeling really emotionally strained. I need some time alone so as to find deeper understanding in myself. As such, I'm not going to be writing often, if at all, and I doubt that I'll come onto this forum. I'm not sure how long this process will take, but please don't be optimistic. This might take a while.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences. If I don't come back in a month that means I've done something stupid.

9/20/2008 #27
You'll Never Walk Alone

I have an announcement too-

I'm going to be grounded for the next month so... yeah, adios. If I'm not back before November, I haven't done something stupid, but I've probably failed Maths.

And I'll miss you all. Especially you if you off yourself Star. OH STAR!!! LEAVE A MESSAGE TO YOUR MUM TO GET ON HERE AND TELL US YOU'RE DEAD IF YOU'VE OFFED YOURSELF!!! LIKE, IN YOU SUICIDE NOTE!!!

9/20/2008 #28
Caecilia

. . . Kya, that's a depressing thought.

U'Dust, we can't wait till you come back, then.

9/21/2008 #29
Charactarantula

I don't think she'll do anything. I think I convinced her last night she's got something to live for...

9/21/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member