The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
No Longer An Account

Learned about it in care of Marc Gunn's "Irish and Celtic Music Podcast". Go on iTunes and subscribe to it. It's free. About once a week you get what ammounts to an hour of free music. Sweet deal, I think.

12/6/2008 #2,971
Fights-With-Words

That is a sweet deal, and as a woman, when I smell a bargain, I leap on it...

12/6/2008 #2,972
Violent Messiah

Nah, Stio...I was never mad at you. Just thought it was weird you can't seem to figure me out personality wise.

Uk, glad all your stuff is safe and all, but after how things ended last between you and yer ex? Just...take it easy this go round, you know?

Nate, I'll have to see if I can find it. Doesn't really seem like it would fit the title, but oh well.

Me, I'm just chatting a little inbetween loading of games on my 360. I forget who else in the Roadhouse has a 360...we should get together and game some night. When I don't have to work, of course. -=x

12/6/2008 #2,973
Fights-With-Words

Zerom: I know... you're like kryptonite or something... *headwall*

12/6/2008 #2,974
No Longer An Account

Yeah, that's what I thought, but in the first verse he says "employment was a way to beat the Devil", and in the chorus he says "I used to battle with the Prince of Darkness . . ."; I assume it's a metaphor for something.

Incredibly moving song overall.

12/6/2008 #2,975
Charactarantula

I got 360, VM.

12/6/2008 #2,976
Nolonegrusedaccount

@Zerom: Trust me, I'm keeping out of the whole "Date people who you're friends with" scene.

Seems to complicate matters, in my opinion. But, thanks dude.

@Davi: As soon as my game downloads, I'll do just that.

12/6/2008 #2,977
No Longer An Account

All I got's a PC . . .

Works, though, because all I ever play is Age of Mythology.

12/6/2008 #2,978
Fights-With-Words

I own a psp... which has Socom FTB2 on it... it's a s\decent game, but it's nothing to COD4 or Confrontation.

Which is why I'm at my friend's house for ridiculous amounts of time. I don't think he even gets to play his PS3 anymore, thanks to me...

12/6/2008 #2,979
No Longer An Account

Anybody else play Age of Mythology?

12/6/2008 #2,980
Selarose

And Miss Rose's newest kitten avi is adorable!!XD Uki, you sure are random.

It's funny, though: mention someone's name and…surprise!

Except I'm not really here…

Thou seest nothing and no one…

12/6/2008 #2,981
Violent Messiah

Oh yeah, Jake? Got Gears 2? Left 4 Dead?

Nate, me and RTS games don't do well. I like to be more hands on with my combat.

Right now I'm screwing around with Quake Wars...it's OK but I think I might as well just do Rainbow Six or Call Of Duty.

Can't wait till Tekken 6 comes out...-=x

12/6/2008 #2,982
No Longer An Account

Awww . . . wook at da wittle puddy-tat! Who's a good wittle puddy-tat? . . .

Age of Mythology is definately one of the best PC games of all time . . .

*added*

I like RTS games because I can pretend I'm a crazy rogue general and send my men on suicide missions. Plus I like Age of Mythology because I can rain lightning and meteors down from the sky upon my enemies.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,983
Nolonegrusedaccount

@Davi: No, is it good? If so, I'll pick it up next time I'm out looking for games.

@Stio: Do you play America's Army?

@Miss Rose: Hey, it had to be said! (I guess I'm talking to no one...)

12/6/2008 #2,984
Selarose

That's your excuse for everything, Uki. But I agree. =P

Bleh. *disappears*

12/6/2008 #2,985
Fights-With-Words

America's Army... I have, but I'm not great at it.

12/6/2008 #2,986
No Longer An Account

I've never been any count at console games; I have incredibly poor response time. Like, I've never been good at real-life dodgeball because I can never just grab the ball and throw it, I always have to grab it and then plan my shot. And that problem translates into the videogame world. I'm sure I could overcome it with practice, but I don't really feel like putting that kind of effort into it.

***added***

Age of Mythology is AWESOME. You can play as the Greeks, the Norse, or the Egyptians, and each one of those gets different soldiers and buildings, and depending on which gods you worship you can even get mythical creatures like Cyclopes and trolls and such. And the raining fire down from the skies already mentioned.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,987
Nolonegrusedaccount

@Stio: Heh, and here I thought you'd be, like, one of the top players for some reason. :P

@Davi: You've sold me on it. I'll buy it when possible. :)

12/6/2008 #2,988
No Longer An Account

If you play as the Greeks and worship Hades, some of your guys who get killed will come back as ghosts. Reduce, re-use, recycle!

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,989
Charactarantula

AoM is reaaaally old.

I've got Gears of War 2, VM. Left 4 Dead and CoD5 for Christmas.

12/6/2008 #2,990
Violent Messiah

I'm the complete opposite, Nate...I'm a total twitch/reflex gamer. I guess that's why I excell at fighting and shooting games...I'm all instinct and reflexes, no time to plan. I guess it's just a by product of when they had me playing video games after the surgeries on my hands as physical rehab. -=x

Edit: We should do some Gears some night, Jake. I'm debating about CoD 5 though...on the one hand, I'm getting a little 'meh' with WW2 and all. Then again, nazi zombies is just crazy...

Oh, I just bought Unreal Tournament 3 and The Orange Box for gifts to myself today...heh. -=x

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,991
Fights-With-Words

@ Uke: Top players? Why's that? XD

But I'm pretty good at Halo and most of the console shooters. They're kind of all I play, except for Tekken on my PSP and the occasional RPG

Like Crisis Core and FFXII.

12/6/2008 #2,992
No Longer An Account

It's only about four years old. That's not that old, at least to me.

Y'know what's also a really good game? Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Made by the same people, and it came out in the late '90s and is still one of the best RTS games of all time, if you ask me.

Well, you have to admit it's fun to watch two gigantic armies of computer-graphic soldiers having at each other like riled-up fireants.

*added*

And every time I did manage to throw the dodgeball before getting beamed in the face for pausing, it always hit the guy I threw it at, so I think I might make an okay sniper.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,993
Charactarantula

@VM: The only reason I'm getting it is so that I can play with my friends who have all ditched Modern Warfare for the time being...I've been playing GTA: IV and Fallout 3 a lot, lately.

edit. Best computer game ever: Rome: Total War or CS:S.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #2,994
No Longer An Account

Your acronyms are wasted on me. I have no idea what in the sam hill you're talking about.

12/6/2008 #2,995
Nolonegrusedaccount

@Jake: Best computer game ever? I have to disagree. Operation Flashpoint is the best.

12/6/2008 #2,996
No Longer An Account

Nothing will ever beat Space Invaders.

12/6/2008 #2,997
Charactarantula

Then you haven't played Rome: Total War or CS:S. :P

@VM: Gamertag is WhenBlindMenSee. Hit me up.

12/6/2008 #2,998
No Longer An Account

What in the heck does CS:S stand for?

12/6/2008 #2,999
Violent Messiah

Oh well, time for me to get to work. I'll pop in later on my break around midnight, perhaps. Laters!

12/6/2008 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member