The Roadhouse
It's simple. Come in here, get reviews, read good stories, meet interesting people. What's not to love? Open to all. Rock and roll.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
No Longer An Account

I can't manage the simple courtesy of an I-love-you; Hell, I can't even call her by her real name. When she shows up, I sort of start babbling.

Collab, you say? Interesting. Tell me more.

And I discovered a really cool poet a while ago.

1/1/2009 #3,061
Fights-With-Words

I think she knows. ^_^

And which poet is this?

As for the collab, we're basically taking his story, Perdition, my story, Shooter, tossing a few of the characters together for a job (they're all hitmen), until something (of course) goes wrong. I.E. a rival firm of hitmen tries to bump them all off.

We'll see there this s*** storm takes us.

XD

1/1/2009 #3,062
No Longer An Account

She knows, yeah, and I'm even pretty kind of sure it's reciprocal, but that doesn't really make things much easier. I can barely form a coherent sentence around the girl.

I quote: ". . . babbling like a babbling brook. Gravy! Buttered toast!"

The poet's Patrick Kavanagh; he was probably the greatest poet that Ireland has yet produced, but nobody's ever heard of him. He wrote one poem called The Great Hunger which, in spite of being sixty bajillion lines about how much living on a farm sucks, is probably his most famous work. Another one, Raglan Road, has been set to music.

That sounds like a pretty awesome and badass story; I'll definately read it.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,063
Fights-With-Words

For the coherent sentence thing... for your sake, I'm really hoping that gets better.

I don't read much poetry, but I read The Great Hunger in English last term. I thought it was great.

And after two nights of staying up until 5 a.m. on AIM, we have some of the first chapter done, so it might be up soon.

*crosses fingers*

EDIT:

I have just realized that I have yet to read anything of yours.

I'll hop on that ASAP...

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,064
No Longer An Account

(dammit, I had just pressed the reply button, and the Internet chose that moment to die on me)

I'm working on the coherence thing, so it should get better. She's a really awesome girl, and deserves someone willing (or, y'know, able) to tell her that.

Yeah, The Great Hunger is an awesome poem, but it's still long as f***. I wish they let us read Kavanagh in MY English class.

Raglan Road is my new theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuafmLvoJow

That story sounds like it'll be awesome; can't wait.

1/1/2009 #3,065
No Longer An Account

In my avatar pic, I look like Ed from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

BUTTERED TOAST!

*added*

Hmm . . . I don't think I've read anything of yours, either. Something else to add to my list of projects for this year.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,066
Fights-With-Words

Hm. Listened to Raglan Road.

Not precisely my taste in music, but it's a damn fine song.

So, keep working on those sentences. I'm happy for you two. ^_^

And uhm... you kind of DO. I didnt see it until you said something...

1/1/2009 #3,067
No Longer An Account

I've been getting into alot of folk music lately; not usually what I listen to, but the exposure to radically different music has really helped my songwriting.

And for some reason, Irish Republican folk songs really shock and offend my parents . . . which is usefull, because most of the other music I listen to is the same music that my parents listened to to shock and offend THEIR parents.

Could be worse; I could look like Double-D.

GRAVY!

1/1/2009 #3,068
Fights-With-Words

Heh. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Irish Republican folk songs offend your parents? I'm not an expert in the field, but it would'nt seem that they should be TOO shocked.

Unfortunately, my parents are unshockable. At least my mom is; she listens to all the stuff I do now. It's a little odd to look over in the car and see her singing along to, oh, Hollywood Undead.

O_O

Double-D, you say... I just pictured that.

*snort*

1/1/2009 #3,069
heart shaped box x3

-Pops in and annoying joins the conversation.-

There is no shocking my parents with my music, unless I happen to like a song my parent didn't even think I would have known existed. Along with Nate, I listen to the same music my parents listened to to bucg their parents. The only music I listen to that annoys my parents is music along the lines of Metallica, Slayer, that kinda sort. My dad says it makes him want to punch something, and rip apart cute animals.

1/1/2009 #3,070
Fights-With-Words

The only music that makes me want to punch something:

Anything along the lines of Metro Station.

By the way, welcome to the conversation, Drea.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,071
No Longer An Account

That music is just so radically different from the music that they grew up listening to (and the music I usually listen to) that they don't know what to think of it.

Their reaction to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGG0dmYJOM

was friggin' hilarious. Apparently when I listen to the Wolfe Tones singing about killing British soldiers, that's "bad", but when I listen to Johnny Rotten telling me to go blow s*** up and worship Satan, that's a-okay.

Although it is kind of awkward when I have Led Zeppelin blaring and the singer goes "gonna give you every inch of my love" and my mom doesn't even glance over at me.

*added*

When the music itself doesn't bother them, try for volume.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,072
Fights-With-Words

Pfffft.

That's so backwards...

Heh.

Volume?

Please. My mom's the one with it cranked as loud as possible, an I'm the one telling her to turn it down.

I don't need it too loud. Spent good money on a set of Skullcandy headphones. No other noise gets in.

1/1/2009 #3,073
heart shaped box x3

Thank you, Stio.

When I have Kurt Cobain's mumblings blaring through my speakers at top volume, then my parents get a tad annoyed after a while.

I wouldn't consider it that awkward....

At least, not as awkward as my dad walking in the house singing, "I don't care what the nighbors say, I'm gonna make love to you each and every day," and me joining in. Or, when I was blasting 'Be My Lover' by Alice cooper. And he starts dancing with me, and singing along with me. My mother then yells at me not to go around singing that sorta stuff, but joins in anyway...

Edit::

My parents are always turning my music up louder, after a bit, it gets kinda annoying.

I have skull candy headphones as well, but the crappy $24 kind.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,074
No Longer An Account

And apparently raising my fist in the air and shouting "Ooh-ah, up the RA!" is to them what the devil-horn salute was to their parents.

I don't like wearing headphones . . . to easy for people to sneak up on me.

*added*

At least, not as awkward as my dad walking in the house singing, "I don't care what the nighbors say, I'm gonna make love to you each and every day," and me joining in. Or, when I was blasting 'Be My Lover' by Alice cooper. And he starts dancing with me, and singing along with me. My mother then yells at me not to go around singing that sorta stuff, but joins in anyway...

I once sang along to 'Big Balls', and I don't think they even noticed.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,075
heart shaped box x3

I could sing along to the Lemon Song, and my dad wouldn't flinch. Though, if I say hell, I would get scolded for my language.

1/1/2009 #3,076
Fights-With-Words

Gah. My mom cranked up 'Big Balls' the other day, singing along at top volume...

As for the headphones... I hated myself for it, but I shelled, like, fifty or so on them. I've had 'em forever, so I don't quite remember.

1/1/2009 #3,077
No Longer An Account

I could sing along to the Lemon Song, and my dad wouldn't flinch. Though, if I say hell, I would get scolded for my language.

Oh, goodness . . . you're kidding . . .

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY00d-Ad7lg

once got me a stern talking-to.

I wish that the vandals where I live could graffiti that coherently . . . and I don't care what genre of music it is, using a rifle as a percussion instrument is just awesome.

*added*

Gah. My mom cranked up 'Big Balls' the other day, singing along at top volume...

That's kinda . . . disturbing.

When you're home at night and the newsflash it is red / Your man from South Armagh's at work, another soldier dead / And when it comes time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, cheer / Remember One Shot Paddy and the gallant IRA . . .

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,078
Fights-With-Words

Hah. A rifle?

Very nice.

And alas, I need to be skedaddling. See y'all later!

1/1/2009 #3,079
No Longer An Account

Later.

1/1/2009 #3,080
heart shaped box x3

Adios, Stio!

I'm serious. My mom would probably say something, though. But then she would try hard not to sing along....

and they're the ones who tell me to shut off rock documentaries when they say perved things, though they aren't even half as bad as what I hear on a daily basis, and not even close as to what I hear in the music I listen to.

A rifle as a percussion instrument? I've never tried that before....

-gets ideas-

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,081
No Longer An Account

Seriously? Wow.

My parents don't really give a s*** what I watch . . . one time my dad was in the room while I was watching Clerks, at the scene where Randal is telling Dante about the time his cousin Walter broke his neck trying to f*** himself, and my dad actually laughed. With me there.

1/1/2009 #3,082
No Longer An Account

I must away now; time for lunch.

1/1/2009 #3,083
heart shaped box x3

Hah. XD

Well, I guess it mostly matters if my younger brother is in close proximity.

Yeah, I have no clue. My parents are... interesting like that. I could be sitting with my dad, he'd be watching t.v and every other word would be either a curse, or a sexual comment, and I would sit there and laugh and he wouldn't notice. But like I said, if I turn on the t.v, its a whole different story.

Edit:: Okay. I should be eating lunch anyway.

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,084
Nolonegrusedaccount

Yo. What's up, today?

Anyone lurking?

And also; I'd agree with Davi's observation, for he really does look like Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy in that pic of him!

1/1/2009 #3,085
dwennon

yo

1/1/2009 #3,086
No Longer An Account

GRAVY!

1/1/2009 #3,087
Nolonegrusedaccount

Yo, Dwed.

Hope you're having a better day than I am. How's it goin'?

::Edit::

I'm certain you're having a great day, Nate. How goes everything?

1/1/2009 . Edited 1/1/2009 #3,088
dwennon

i'm just sorta cold and reading up to current in gantz, only two left

1/1/2009 #3,089
No Longer An Account

I'm still happy as a pig in s*** after last night, but this is somewhat tempered by the fact that Star's mere presence reduces me to a babbling moron. I can barely even bring myself to use her real name (Emma).

But things are good. Getting alot of reading done, and I've started keeping a journal.

1/1/2009 #3,090
« Prev Page 1 .. 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 113 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Dolvich Mi.Ishi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member