Rpg, Anime, own stories
Here there will be 3 main topics, but if requested, others may be added. For rpg, you can be anything just read the rules first , anime section is for discussing likes and dislikes, and own stories is for names for exp or writer boosts of esteem
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Kid W25

I'm just wondering what everybody listens to while they are writing.

Right now I am writing Tears in the Bark(Hopefully it will be on FictionPress soon) and right now I'm listening to Sound of Melodies-Leeland

The format is: Song title-Band name

4/5/2009 #1
XxXPsychic MoonXxX

I'll listen to either Bring Me to Life by Evanescence or Be Prepared from Lion King (that song rocks!) while I'm working on Zetriak. And by working, I mean thinking up new events that contribute to the plot.

4/5/2009 #2
Midori Ushi Law

I need to start listening to music when I write again... It works well with inscribing the tone or mood into ur writing... I know that when I wrote the Komori Based chapters of Komo Doubutsu in the later part of the story, I listenend to Beyonce's song, "If I was a boy".. Don't ask.. lol. I just liked the melody.

4/5/2009 #3
Darknessfalls-1120

Moon: I love that song!!!

I listen to Maroon 5 a lot because their lyrics give me inspiration. My favorite song is Sunday Morning, I draw pictures to that song too. Oh also I listen to Brand New Map(from BLOOD+) it's by K(real name: Kang Yoon Sung). The song really sets the mood for the stories I write with drama or strong emotions.

4/5/2009 #4
Mizuki Night

I usually listen to Visual Kei like Gazette, Alice Nine, D, Sid, Gackt, Nightmare, X Japan, Lunasea many others.

It fits pretty well with what I'm currently writing which is vampire fic.

4/7/2009 #5
Midori Ushi Law

I still need to check out ur story lil Mizuki!!! I jus haven't had time yet T-T

4/8/2009 #6
Near-sighted Jedi

I've got all kinds of music on my computer. I even managed to get 'Flying Dreams' (Paul Williams) from The Secret of NIMH by setting my computer next to the TV and recording it. Otherwise it only exists on old records. The songs I listen to most when I'm writing are from Sanctuary: 20 Years of Windham Hill, which are all instrumentals; my fave from it is Bizet: Intermezzo From 'Carmen.' However, my three favorite songs are 'Why Walk When You Can Fly?' by Mary Chapin Carpenter, 'Wild Angels' by Martina McBride, and 'Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head' by B.J. Thomas.

4/10/2009 #7
Mizuki Night

Near-sighted Jedi

I also listen to classical/instrumental music too ^^, Like Chopin, Bach and Beethoven. Beethoven Moonlight Sonata and Pathertique are perfect for melancholy moods.

4/11/2009 #8
Kid W25

I'm listening more to GMF now. For basically any story.

4/13/2009 #9
Kid W25

I'm listening more to GMF now. For basically any story.

4/13/2009 #10
Kid W25

Crap, I think I stuffed the forum reply thingy

4/13/2009 #11
Vio the Wandering Lover

Music is music to me. (Okay so there are limits) Recently I've been listening to anything J-rock and J-pop and a ton of Linkin Park. Mostly What I've Done, Faint, and Nobody's Listening. When I'm writing a subtle part to my stories I listen to Simple and Clean and Sanctuary from kingdom Hearts. For some reason the Pokemon song 2B A Maser has really been helping me. 0.0;

The one song I could say that I'd listen to no matter what I'm writing is between My darkest hour by Scary Kids Scaring Kids or any song by Uverworld.

4/13/2009 #12
Darknessfalls-1120

I've found myself listening to the song by Paramore: "That's What You Get" I listened to it when I wrote for that group story NS

4/16/2009 . Edited 4/16/2009 #13
Dark Meister

I listen to any type of song depending on my mood. I write better when my I'm feeling happy/content/satisfied. :)

5/1/2009 #14
Endless Autumn

Slipknot, Haste the Day, System of a Down, Disturbed, and the Sweeney Todd movie album

5/1/2009 #15
Midori Ushi Law

On the last 2 chapters of my story GREENER, I listened to Classical music, since the main villain was playing that music on both chapters.

5/5/2009 #16
BlaznFangurl

This is a song I heard a few days ago and I thought it would be awesome for the porlogue of Too Screwed to be Cliche :)

I can walk on water, I can fly- Basshunter

6/9/2009 #17
FieryArtemis

Personally I like listening to instrumental music when I'm writing. I listen to a lot of soundtrack music too. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" score is great for writing fight scenes to and some of the softer songs help for writing romance themes.

6/10/2009 #18
Vio the Wandering Lover

I get what u mean. Most of the time I listen to 'Suteki de ni' from Final Fantasy 10 when writing a romance part of my stories, even 'Shiki no uta' from Samurai Champloo. My usual fight scenes have 'Faint' from Linkin Park and ''My Darkest Hour' from Scary Kids Scaring Kids. XD I love that name.

Last is for sad moments in my stories. Right now the song is 'Leave out all the rest' by Linkin Park.

6/25/2009 #19
Kid W25

I basically listen to The View or Fall Out Boy right now. Most probably "5 Rebeccas" (The View) or "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying" (FOB).

I know that FOB song is old but so what? who cares?

6/27/2009 #20
Kalers

Usually Three days grace :D It's relaxing.

6/27/2009 #21
Kalers

Usually Three days grace :D It's relaxing.

6/27/2009 #22
Darknessfalls-1120

When I feel like writing something happy or funny I listen to smile by Lilly Allen. The beat of the song gives me that happy mood but the words kinda contrast lol.

6/27/2009 #23
Kid W25

Must look for that song. I listen to Distant Dubloon by "The View" for some mysterious scenes and dark scenes like in Tears in the Bark cause its really mysterious.

6/28/2009 #24
Duckie's Day

Me:

Dashboard Confessionals,Stone Temple Pilots,Hole,Nirvana,Blondie,Joan Jett and the Black Hearts,Runaways,Sex Pistols,Plasmatics,etc

7/5/2009 #25
L.A. Clearwater

I listen to Everytime by Britney Spears because I love the intro and it stimulates me to write......aside from that, I'm digging songs by my fave band Evanescence.

7/13/2009 #26
Vio the Wandering Lover

I've recently gotten a few Eminem songs on my psp. So now I listen to:

Toy Soldiers

When I'm Gone

Hallie's Song

8/5/2009 #27
Lovaxx

i tend to listen to screamo and metal core while i'm writing like Killswitch engage and Dance Gavin Dance especially when writing action scenes but when writing discussions and sad moments i listen to music from animes and rpg sound tracks like ffx and stuff :p

8/5/2009 #28
Lovaxx

i tend to listen to screamo and metal core while i'm writing like Killswitch engage and Dance Gavin Dance especially when writing action scenes but when writing discussions and sad moments i listen to music from animes and rpg sound tracks like ffx and stuff :p

8/5/2009 #29
L.A. Clearwater

Just discovered a Korean girl group named " Wonder Girls", and they instantly got me hooked! I love their songs, especially "Nobody", and on wondergirlsworld.com, it is said that their song is included in the list of Top 100 Best Songs All-over the World! Visit their site now!

8/25/2009 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Vampire Kuroken Akumei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member