Author Advertising
Here, you can create a topic for yourself, advertise stories, updates and ideas. Anyone welcome!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Edalene Athene

Hi. This is a forum for you to advertise your stories, forums etc. I know many people advertise updates on their profiles but this may reach a wider audience. All you have to do is create a topic in your Pen Name, eg. 'Edalene Athene' and post anything you want about your stories. Basically, it is self-promotion so enjoy!!

7/22/2008 #1
Deepsouth

"The Boy" - http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2625308/1/The_Boy

Set in the deep South, a mentally ill vagrant finds an injured boy alongside a lonely country road. In attempting to help the boy, the vagrant betrays him, sending the two of them fleeing cross-country from an insanely tortured father who uses the law to track them in an attempt to silence them both -- or recover what he has lost. All are troubled souls with inner demons; for the vagrant, it is his past; for the boy, his present, for both, their futures, and for the law officers, a mystery to be solved and brought to justice. All have their individual goals and hidden motives.

Richly textured, this story will have you sweltering in the South, have you on the run while the cicadas sing, and take you into the minds of the insane, and one small lonely child who has suffered unbearable and unmentionable abuses at the hands of his father. Addressing issues of "good ol' Southern boy politics" and corruption, the tightness of family and clan, and the dirty little secrets they hide, this story is hard hitting, and an emotional roller coaster ride. Its a long read, but like that proverbial roller coaster, it picks up speed as youbegin to hurtle along into an uncertain future with an unsettling past.

Applicable Generes: Drama, Angst, General, Human Interest, Crime Drama, Adventure, Romance, Tradgy

Reader Reviews:

"This story has got to be one of the best on this site. Period. There is no way I could put it into words . . . The plot is absolutely amazing and the characters stand out. . . This story is astounding with its twists, its emotion, its power. Anything else you can think of, it's there!" (- Aevium)

". . . Your descriptions make me feel as though I am in the scene with the character . . ." (- Melissa)

"I loved the story when I started reading it. I got so excited because I could tell that this story would be really good, like a delicious piece of chocolate that you want to savor forever. The sentence structure is varied, vocabulary's impressive . . . . without seeming awkward like it does when people just go crazy using a thesaurus, and the plot and characters are equally well-done. . ." (- non-m)

" . . . written in a timeless style . . . powerful and unsettling . . . a piece of art." (Lou M.)

3/2/2009 #2
graciful

OK here are my stories:

1. Secrets » http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2704277/1/SecretsJaina is shocked to find out who her hot new just may be her Prince Charming. Complete. Reposted. Complete - General - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - General/Romance - Chapters: 7 - Words: 50,124 - Reviews: 0 - Updated: 8-1-09 - Published: 8-1-092. Destiny » http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2704272/1/DestinyCarla never thought she'll see her childhood friend and soccer teammate again after he moved to Japan. Just see what happens 24 years later! Complete. Reposted Complete - General - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - General/Romance - Chapters: 5 - Words: 58,197 - Reviews: 0 - Updated: 8-1-09 - Published: 8-1-09 1/2/2010 #3
Forum Moderators: Edalene Athene
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member