The Second Great War RPG European Theater
Join in the greatest military conflict of recorded history..!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
R.M.Whitaker

((*Giggles as she drops cheesy ravioli into a pot of boiling water*))

9/17/2008 #91
Woodstock1330

"Oh, no, Nonna is my father's mother, it's Italian for Grandma...Ma wouldn't like you at all, she only likes Rosabella Bertinelli--my cousin's wife's brother's wife's sister...Ma likes to keep things in the family." he laughed, "no one's dared to tell her she's been dating my cousin Paolo for four years." He sipped his tea and realizing this kind of talk could only confuse her, he changed the subject, "I'd write her home and tell her I met a nice English girl, break her heart," he smirked, "but the nice English girl hasn't told me her name." He cocked a brow.

9/17/2008 #92
disused account

98 oh woody goddess of wood.

9/17/2008 #93
R.M.Whitaker

"Oh." Laura tried to make sense of the family connections but failed. Thens he blushed, mortified, when he pointed out that they hadn't even been formally introduced! "Oh my goodness, you're right! I beg pardon- my name is Laura Westerfield." She extended her hand.

9/17/2008 #94
Woodstock1330

Mickey laughed and took her hand, shaking it lightly, “pleased to meet you Ms. Westerfield, well, mostly, I’m not sure my jacket would agree with me…I’m Flt Lt. Michele Giarelli, but I think you already know that.”

(Can't I be the goddess of something more interesting? Like...cheese? Or handsome young Italian-American WWII flyboys? :P)

9/17/2008 #95
R.M.Whitaker

((No, no! Woodie is the Goddess of charming men!!!!))

Laura blushed at the memory of the soiled jacket and leaped to her feet, nearly spilling her tea over the table. "Oh, your jacket! I'm so sorry! I nearly forgot! Look at me, rambling on when- Oh, you probably want to go back, don't you? I'm so sorry, I'll go right away...." She headed down the hall, where the jacket was still soaking. She wrinkled her nose in disgust at the vomit smell and drained the sink. Then she brought the jacket back into the kitchen, where her soaps were. "I'm afraid I don't have a washing machine," she apologized as she started filling her kitchen sink with warm, soapy water. She tried to work as quickly as possible, realizing that Michele was probably eager to go back to his barracks and she'd been holding him here with tea and careless blabbing. How embarrassing!

9/17/2008 #96
disused account

(How long will this post fest take :)

9/17/2008 #97
Woodstock1330

((why, yes, yes I am arn't I? XD))

Mickey laughed, still unused to her sudden outbursts but amused by them more than anything. When she came back into the room he came over to her by the sink and leaned against the counter, watching her fill the sink. "Back? Oh you mean to the base?" he chuckled and shook his head, "oh no, you couldn't pay me to go back there until I have to..." he pulled a rumpled package of cigarettes from his trouser pocket, "you mind?" he asked as he removed one.

9/17/2008 #98
disused account

*Dies of boredom* X=

9/17/2008 #99
R.M.Whitaker

(( Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh Lee, you know you LOVE it! We'll call for you when we're ready. How about that? (:0 ))

9/17/2008 #100
disused account

I WANT MY OPALOMPA NOW!

9/17/2008 #101
R.M.Whitaker

Laura eyed the cigarette. She'd never seen on in her apartment before. But then, she'd never seen handsome, young American men in her apartment before either. "I... suppose not," she decided. Then she leaned over her sink and pulled open the window there, just to give the smoke somewhere to escape. "When do you 'have to' go back?" she asked, surprised at how sad the thought of him leaving made her.

9/17/2008 . Edited 9/17/2008 #102
R.M.Whitaker

((Sorry, we're fresh out of oompaloompas.))

9/17/2008 #103
disused account

Sometime today would rock though..

9/17/2008 #104
Woodstock1330

Mickey could see her hesitation at the prospect of his smoking and considered putting it away even as his hand went instinctively to his pocket for his lighter and he tilted his head slightly to better reach the flame. He lit it and took a long drag, exhaling in a contented sort of sigh as he slipped the lighter back into his pocket. He hopped up and sat on the counter beside the sink the way he used to do at home. He checked his watch, "an hour ago," he grinned, "don't worry about it, I'll go when you want me to."

9/17/2008 #105
Woodstock1330

((it'll be today, but don't you know never to rush artists at work?! :P))

9/17/2008 #106
disused account

*Kicks panit can* Ha!

9/17/2008 #107
R.M.Whitaker

((Here, here!))

Laura gaped at him. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry! This is all my fault." Then she lowered an eyebrow at him. "You might have said something, you know. Will you get in trouble?" She breathed in the smoke as it drifted out the window and her eyes widened as she started caughing. She'd never been so close to someone while they smoked before. She turned away, waving a hand in front of her face even as she held up the other one to him in an apology.

9/17/2008 #108
Woodstock1330

He laughed, "Don't worry about it, I won't get in much trouble, I--" she started choking on his smoke and he broke off, putting the cigarette out hastily, trying to hold in a laugh, but in vain, for it burst out anyway, undaunted. He hopped down from the counter and got her a glass of water, "well you might've told me you'd never been around cigarette smoke," he scolded teasingly, patting her gently on the back.

9/17/2008 #109
R.M.Whitaker

"I'm sorry-" *caugh* "I didn't think it would be so..." *caugh* "...smokey...." She drank the water offered her and wiped the tears that squeezed their way out of her eyes. "Please don't stop on my account- I was just surprised is all." She swallowed back another caught and went back to scrubbing his jacket to show that she was fine. She picked up the conversation where it had left off. "I don't want you to get in trouble.... Would it be possible for me to bring your coat to you tomorrow morning? Or will you need it before then?"

9/17/2008 #110
Woodstock1330

"Nah, I'll smoke it later," he put the dead cigarette back in the package, waste not, want not. Mickey shrugged, "I won't get in trouble, I mean I will, but," he smirked, "I've broken curfew a thousand times..." He put his hands in his trouser pockets, "course if you want me to go...I mean you've got neighbors here, and I've got a reputation...they might get the wrong idea about us."

9/17/2008 #111
disused account

Really wants to post somewhere ww2ie.

9/17/2008 #112
Woodstock1330

((arn't you rping with Sissi in Paris?))

9/17/2008 #113
DaCivilWarBear

((*coughs*))

9/17/2008 #114
disused account

(arn't you draging this out..bless you.

9/17/2008 #115
Woodstock1330

((no...maybe...no, ok, after RM posts, I'll post leaving, and then we can do next day, ok?))

9/17/2008 #116
R.M.Whitaker

"Oh dear." The blood drained from Laura's face as she realized that he was right. She also recalled just what a scandalous character he was and wondered why she'd let him into her home in the first place. For a few moments she stood frozen, thinking of the gravity of her predicament. But then she looked at Mickey's face and melted. He did bad things, but he wasn't a bad person... and he'd been very respectful to her during his visit. She'd never taken part in gossip, and she didn't think it really mattered if the neighbors gossiped about her. The Lord knew that she'd done nothing wrong, and that was all that really mattered. "No, it's alright," she assured him, laying a hand on his arm. "No one cares what I do. Besides, my neighbors are probably all asleep by now anyway." She went back to scrubbing his jacket, held it up to see that it was now clean, and then started to ring it out. "This will take a while to dry, though. How long are you willing to wait?"

9/17/2008 #117
Woodstock1330

((Well since someone is being impatient… :P ))

Mickey checked his watch again and rubbed the back of his neck, “well,” he said slowly, for he really didn’t want to go and would’ve been willing to wait all night, if only to keep company with this girl a little longer, “I guess I really should go, my mossie needs some work before I can get her off the ground again,” he said, referring fondly to his plane, “if you’ll be at work tomorrow, I’ll just stop by and pick up my jacket then?”

(ok actually, it's going to be RM's post, and then my post leaving, and then tomorrow, sorry.)

9/17/2008 . Edited 9/17/2008 #118
R.M.Whitaker

Of course it would have been impossible for Michele to stay all night, yet Laura couldn't help feeling a dropping sort of sensation in her chest when she realized that he was going to leave. She nodded with a dismall kind of acceptance. "Alright." She walked him to the door. "Thank you so much for... helping me home, Mr. Giarelli. And again, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience I cost you. Do you want me to call a cab for you?"

9/17/2008 #119
Woodstock1330

Mickey lingered with her in the doorway, hesitating. Of course he knew he couldn't stay all night, Squadron Leader was going to have his head on a platter tomorrow as it was, but that didn't make him any more keen on leaving. At her mention of calling a cab he shook his head, "nah, the walk'll do me good...and hey, call me Mickey, all my friends do," he placed his hand on her arm briefly and kissed her lightly on the cheek, "Goodnight Ms. Westerfield." He pulled on his hat, tipping it back to that jaunty angle, and stepped out, turning once to wave over his shoulder, grinning, as he strode away up the street.

9/17/2008 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Woodstock1330 DaCivilWarBear, Tatianolishka
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member