Magic School
A school for any trainee magical creature. A bit like Hogwarts but for anyone. not just wizards/witches WANDS NOT NECESSARY!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Serendipital

The Checkered Dorm is located at the top of a tower and has an excellent view of the lake. This dorm contains ten beds; five white and five black. The walls are a smoky grey and the floor is wooden. There's a nightstand beside each bed, and they're the opposite color of the bed they're next to. Along with the nightstand is a large trunk at the foot of each bed for keeping clothes and personal belongings.

Residents:

Steve Octavian Smith

Elena

Alex

Alan

Olivia

Rickel

ROOM FOR FOUR MORE PEOPLES!!

6/8/2011 . Edited by Zina Nevirone, 6/17/2011 #1
Serendipital

Steve stumbled into the dorm, tired from a long day of touring the grounds. He dropped onto the bed nearest to the door and looked up, noting that no one else inhabited the room yet. "Lonely..." he mumbled, pulling his stuff out of his bag. First came a large hammer which he leaned against the black nightstand, then a sash full of syringes which he hung on the bed's post. Of course, he placed his jar of honey on his pillow. He then pulled out his clothes and stuffed them into the trunk at the foot of his bed. Steve smiled, pleased with his work, and put his head on his pillow. He hoped more people would come soon.

6/8/2011 . Edited 6/8/2011 #2
Zina Nevirone

Elena entered the dorm quietly. She didn't want to interrupt anyone's thoughts or even worse, wake someone up. She chose a white bed and put her suitcase on it carefully. She looked around and saw the - She shook her head and looked again. Was he a zombie? She shook her head again. Don't be silly, Elena. She told herself. Don't judge people.

"Hello." She said, her customary smile plastered on her red lips.

6/8/2011 #3
Serendipital

Steve sat up and looked for the source of the voice. In front of him was a pale, red-lipped beauty with blonde hair and the most innocent blue eyes he had ever seen. He could feel a blush creep onto his cheeks, but he managed to stammer, "H-hi."

6/8/2011 #4
Zina Nevirone

"Are you new here as well?" Elena asked, oblivious to his blushing. Even after all these years, she didn't understand the workings of humans.

6/8/2011 #5
Serendipital

Steve's eyes widened. The beauty was actually talking to him. "Y-yeah. I just finished the, uh, tour."

6/8/2011 #6
Zina Nevirone

"Did they take you into the kitchen too? They wanted to take me, but I really didn't want to see where all the food comes from. Something about that just - " Elena shuddered at the thought "- Just isn't right to me."

6/8/2011 #7
Serendipital

"Oh, yeah! The kitchen was great, with all the-" Steve noticed her answer and cut himself off before he could rant about raw meat. "Uh...I-I mean, yeah. It's gross."

6/8/2011 #8
Zina Nevirone

Elena laughed softly, noticing his change in direction. "Where else did you go?"

6/8/2011 #9
Serendipital

"I saw a few of the dorms, and a whole tour of the grounds. Um..." Steve thought for a moment, wondering what would interest the attractive girl. "The lake was pretty." He blushed again, but was happy to note that he wasn't stuttering anymore.

6/8/2011 #10
Zina Nevirone

Elena's smile stretched. "I saw the lake, it was beautiful." She had made a mental note to revisit it and perhaps even draw it, if she could find a shop somewhere.

6/8/2011 #11
Serendipital

Steve mentally gave himself a high-five and figured that he could ask her name. "My name's Steve. Yours?"

6/8/2011 #12
Zina Nevirone

"Elena." She told him. "How old are you?"

6/8/2011 #13
Serendipital

"U-uh..." Steve stumbled over his words. He had only been a zombie for a year or two, but he figured he should give her his physical age. "I'm thirteen. Nice to meet you, uh, Elena."

6/8/2011 #14
Zina Nevirone

"And you." Elena smiled. She kept her hand at her side, though she knew it was polite to shake someone's hand when they introduced themself, but was that still "cool" in this generation? She couldn't remember.

6/8/2011 #15
Serendipital

Steve stared at her hand for a moment, but shrugged when he saw that she had no intentions of shaking his hand. "So, welcome to the Checkered Dorm, I guess."

6/8/2011 #16
Zina Nevirone

"Thanks. You too. Is this your first time away from home?" Elena wanted to keep talking to him.

6/8/2011 #17
Serendipital

"No. I've been away for a while now, actually." Steve gave a short bark of laughter. "Maybe a little more than a while."

6/8/2011 #18
Zina Nevirone

Elena tilted her head a little, but didn't ask why. "Are you enjoying it?"

6/8/2011 #19
Serendipital

"It's a little lonely," Steve said, looking at the floor. How did he let that slip? "But it's okay."

6/8/2011 #20
Zina Nevirone

Elena took a step forward, but then stopped herself. She barely knew him, she couldn't comfort him. "You'll make friends here." She said reassuringly.

6/8/2011 #21
Serendipital

Steve hummed in agreement, slightly disappointed that Elena hadn't gone through with her plan to hug him. "Well, how about we get to know each other? We'll be sleeping in the same dorm for the rest of the year, so we may as well."

6/8/2011 #22
Zina Nevirone

"That sounds like a good idea." Elena said as she took a seat on her bed, cross-legged.

6/8/2011 #23
Serendipital

"Well, you already know my name and age...I'm from Ohio." Steve paused, then prompted, "Do you want to go first?" It would give him time to create a story.

6/8/2011 #24
Zina Nevirone

"Sure." Elena paused for a moment, trying to figure out how much she should tell him. "I'm . . .511." She didn't look up as she spoke. "I've lived all over the place. You name it, I've been there. Except Chile. I never did go there. I will one day though. I'm a Fallen. They didn't like me up there. I did the wrong thing, and here I am. I don't regret it though. This place - earth - it's so much better." She didn't know what else she should tell him. "I've become quite attached to Earth, to humans."

6/8/2011 #25
Serendipital

Steve wasn't very surprised that she was an angel. "Earth is better than the so-called perfect heaven, huh?" He remembered it. He wasn't good enough to go into Heaven or Purgatory, and not bad enough to go to Hell. So he was sent back to Earth as a zombie, since it took a while for the choice to be made. Luckily, his body was only grey when he found it, so he hadn't been gone for long. "Well, I guess I'll tell you about me. I was born in Ohio and raised like any other kid. I had two parents and went to a pretty good school. Then...then my parents got into a car crash...and I was the only survivor. I've been alone since then. Didn't want to go to an orphanage or live with my relatives. After that, I discovered I had magic and came here."

6/8/2011 #26
Zina Nevirone

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear about your parents." Elena said softly. She's never had any, but she imagined that the love between them would have been very strong, she'd read about that often enough. "How did you manage on your own?" She hoped her questions weren't too personal.

6/8/2011 #27
Serendipital

"Fine. I got a part-time job at a local bookstore. My parents knew the owner, so she was happy to help." Steve said truthfully. He just left out the part where he wrapped his body in bandages and faked burns.

6/8/2011 #28
Zina Nevirone

Elena didn't know what to say. She wanted to say that she was proud of him, but she didn't think that was appropriate, so instead she just stayed silent.

6/8/2011 #29
Serendipital

"Well..." Steve coughed awkwardly. "Now that that's over with, we should probably do something. A game, maybe?"

6/8/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: i wish i invented the internet Xeverus E. Miller, Silentkitt, Zina Nevirone
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member