Magic School
A school for any trainee magical creature. A bit like Hogwarts but for anyone. not just wizards/witches WANDS NOT NECESSARY!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »
Terrian

(If that's a challenge, then I accept.)

Ren was about to turn around and head inside when she began to give off a hostile vibe. This of course, sparked his incubus mentality to go over and talk to her. He was good at getting close to people, especially since his incubus blood made him a genius romantic. He figured if he could not swoon her, then at least they'd become friends. So, in all actuality, his human side agreed to this compromise. It didn't help that the moment he took a step towards her, the vibe eminated stronger. He quickily identified it as something similiar to that of a cornered animal facing near death.

He figured he should start with a cutely shy greeting, "Uh, h-hi?" He waved a bit. "Mind if I take a seat here?"

(And so, the battle of wits begins...)

7/19/2009 #631
BlackDove90

((It's so on!))

Damien slid from the tree and fell to the ground in a crouch. She was not impressed with his act. She trusted her instincts first and foremost and they told her there was potential danger. She slowly stood from her crouch and regared the boy with cold eyes her hands now within reach of her trusted sai. "Who are you and what do you want?"

((This is kinda funny because Kitsune are known seductresses themselves))

7/19/2009 #632
Terrian

(Male seducer trying to seduce another seductress? Wonder how this will work.)

The moment she slid down from the tree, he began to feel a pang of regret. The school nurse would have been a much easier target than this person. Not only that, but her hostile reaction kept going up. It was taking a lot of his will power to not grab his pistol that was safely secured in its own holster. He had worked with people like this before, and while the bubbly people were easier, the cold hearted people were still pleaseable. This one would appear a bit harder to get to, though.

Apparently, a cute-shy act wasn't going to cut it this time, and it didn't take an incubus to realize she hated the flirty type. He would have to play his cute-shy act out until he figured more of her personality out. "I... I just wanted to sit under the shade. W-was it a bad idea?" Now he was looking vulnerable, too. If she had hostile intent, she'd take advantage of this. That much he knew.

7/19/2009 #633
BlackDove90

The feelings comming off the boy were still confusing but Damien recognized the sudden fear that rang through them and she did not miss the twitch of his hand and the sight of a pistol holster. She was not afraid of the gun. She knew guns even if she disliked them and knew exactly how to avoid their shots. She was begining to feel more confidant but did not lower her guard. "That depends, who are you?" she asked again.

7/19/2009 #634
Terrian

He continued with his act and looked down at the ground, opening his mouth, then closing it again. His act might work on her, as she seemed to have opened up, even if only ever so slightly. The phrase she used this time was still partially cold, but, had a bit warmer of a feel to it. He looked up for a second, then back down in accordance with his act. "I..." He took a small breath before continueing, "I'm R-Ren... Ren K-Kaoru." He stammered, still looking at the ground. He throw in a small shift of his weight, just for an added effect.

7/19/2009 #635
BlackDove90

Damien rolled her eyes. What exactly was the boy trying to do? She didn't like the feeling that was comming off of him but he didn't seem to be out to attack. Still...she rested her hands on the hilts of her sai in a casual manner and leaned agaisnt the tree. "Stop acting like an idiot I've had enough of that today as it is," she told him.

7/19/2009 #636
Terrian

Shit. And he thought he was doing a good job, too. Ren immediatly looked up and walked over to the tree and leaned against it casually. If someone were to draw a line that passed through him, the tree, and her in that order, it'd form a 90 degree angle. So she had seen through his little act, then. If she'd seen through it, his plan of swooning her was out the window. "So you saw through that, huh?" He asked just as cold as her very own statement. Crossing his arms, he looking up at the branches. He still had a chance, and until every option was emptied, he'd continue to try. He had a few cards left to play, that's for sure.

(Edit: This is fun. Really fun. :D)

7/19/2009 . Edited 7/19/2009 #637
BlackDove90

"You smell dangerous and I don't care for pretty faces," Damien replied keeping a careful eye on Ren. So close she had the advantage if things came to blows but the boy's motivation was still a mystery to her. Was he trying to make her drop her guard? Was he looking for a weakness? She decided that the best way to find out was to keep talking. She was ready for any tricks.

((Yep this is fun. Damien's not used to romance at all! *Chuckels*))

7/19/2009 #638
Terrian

Well, since she didn't care for pretty faces, that tossed one of his cards into the trash bin. It wasn't a strong card, but a valued one, nonetheless. She was still too tense to actually get anywhere with her, he'd have to find a way to lower the heavy atmosphere she was giving off. Again, he'd dealt with this before, but this girl is a bit more stubborn than the others he's done this to. He decided the best way to get her to lower her guard, even if it was a bit, was to lay down an ace. "Your eyes, they're very pretty. The color suits you." If this didn't get much of a response, whether it be good or bad, he'd be in a bit of a bind.

7/19/2009 . Edited 7/19/2009 #639
BlackDove90

Damien regared the boy with her "very pretty" cat-like eyes narrowed. Was the boy serious? Was he really trying to seduce her with such a lame line? Perhaps if her eyes had been human. Perhaps if they did not hold the significance of her entire heritage within them, she would have appreciated the compliment, but they were not human and she did not appreciate it. Damien whirled to stand before the boy one sai brought free of its sheath and slamming into the tree next to the boy's head. The other covering the pistol at Ren's side. She leaned into him until they stood nose to nose, pinning him to the tree. "Do you really think they suit me? Do you really think they're pretty?" She asked her voice low and quiet and dark, staring into his sky blue orbs, her cat slits obvious at such close range.

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #640
Terrian

The response he recieved for his common pick up line was to be expected. His ace had played somewhat like it had been meant to, but nearly getting stabbed wasn't part of the plan. Nevertheless, he had made some progress. He thought he'd play a weak card and give her a quick kiss, but with the current response, and her well armed status, such an act would gurantee him a trip to the school nurse, if she even spared him that much. He looked into her emerald green eyes, giving off his own vibe of confidence to try and offset her hostile one. "Yes, they do suit you, and yes, I think the emerald green color is very pretty." He wasn't lying either. The cat eye slit suited her personality, or at least, what she's shown of it so far, and he absolutely adored the emerald gems, and finding that kind of color in eyes was rare for him.

7/20/2009 #641
BlackDove90

((Oh well played my friend))

Damien wasn't sure what threw her off more: his response or the apparent sincerity behind it. His action just made her madder though because it confused her. She suspected this to be a ploy. Some plan to...what? She didn't know and that of course made her angry. Her anger made her kitsune blood pulse though her form was still sealed. A thought then came into her mind. One that she didn't even understand but concidered worth playing. "You're not worth the effort," she infromed Ren. She backed off and slipped back up into the tree putting her back to the boy though her assassin insticts argued with her the whole time. "Go away little boy and find someone else to play with."

((Hah hah, rejection! Just what any seducer hates!))

7/20/2009 #642
Terrian

(Thank you, but I must say, that was well played yourself.)

Now this was the first time anyone had ever actually shot him down. Legitimately shot him down, he was even getting ready to cross into his territory of expertise. He needed something, and most of his hand he had remaining would not allow him to recover from such a fall. He'd have to play his next steps very carefully, or he will take a fatal blow and lose.

He took a seat and leaned into the trunk, resting his eyes for a bit. "It seems I angered you. Care to explain why?" Assuming the reason behind it was what his incubus instinct told him it was, then he could get put back on course, however shaky the plane would be.

(Ah, but rejection only makes the seducer pull more cards, some better, some worse.)

7/20/2009 #643
BlackDove90

"Because you're pick up line was so aweful and straight forward," damien informed him her voice a bord drawl as if this was the last thing she wanted to talk about. Her kitsune side had found a wonderful compromise, instead of transforming it began pushing ideas and counters into her mind that Damien began to like. It had certainly made the boy upset! She kept her back to him and idly plucked a few leaves from the tree and watching them as she let them fall to the ground.

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #644
Terrian

(Ouch. You're killing me here!)

So the pick up line sucked? That wasn't what he was expecting, nor was it what he believed. His mind had drawn a few more cards for him to lay down on the playing field, but they were few. Using them properly was key, and with this girls unpredictable behavior, he was relying more on luck than charm. He didn't want to reveal himself as a half incubus so early in the game, but, if he could just hint at it...

The idea struck home with him, and an idea formed. Watching a leave fall slowly, he caught it. He watched it with interest in his fingers, giving the look like he was lost in thought, he said, "You know, it's alright to be different. There's a beauty in that you can't find anywhere else." If this card failed, he was sure he'd be sent off, as it was really his only recovery he had.

7/20/2009 #645
BlackDove90

((I out manuvered you. You might recover...might but its my game now!))

If it wasn't for the fact that his line didn't follow the flow of the conversation, she might have fallen for it. She certainly liked it but the ploy, the trap, was obvious without the camafloge. "That was worse than the first one," Damien scolded him. "You need to learn to set these things up boy! Go and practice some more!"

7/20/2009 #646
Terrian

She was good. It appeared that just fancy wordplay wouldn't do him much good. Upon hearing her final words, he was able to draw up yet another card for recovery, although he was getting close to pushing his luck now. She wasn't taking this like most girls would, and that, made him laugh. "You really are different." He stated, still chuckling a bit. He looked up at her to give her a warm smile, even if she wouldn't see it. He released the leaf to be blown off to someplace, he didn't need it anymore, anyway.

(A quick dodge from the incoming strike, I do believe I'm back on even playing ground.)

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #647
BlackDove90

((You set yourself up))

Damien looked over at him and returned the smile. "And you my friend, are not." With that Damien slipped once more from the tree and sauntered off feeling quite pleased with herself.

((In my mind that's checkmate))

[[to the pink dorm!]]

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #648
Terrian

(All is not lost. Your character returned a smile, which isn't a cold hearted thing. Perhaps a lost battle, but still, intelligence has been gathered.)

Ren watched her leave, still residing under the tree. The words playing back in his mind repeatedly, 'And you my friend, are not.'. Each tick it went through just pissed him off a bit more. He huffed out a bit of air, mostly as a tension reliever, but this time it was a bit more hostile than he had wanted it to be. "And I'm not?" He repeated out loud. He chuckled again, "You don't know the half of it." He leaped into a branch and took off his black button up shirt and tossed it over his head to block out the sun.

He didn't feel like spending his free period any other way than relaxing in the tree.

(Wasn't quite a checkmate, there were still cards I could've played. But, I'll surrender for now.)

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #649
BlackDove90

((Exactly what I was hoping to hear))

7/20/2009 #650
Terrian

(Not sure if I should be happy to hear that, or entirely frustrated that my moves were read. Is it a 'Good choice' or 'You've set your demise again'?)

7/20/2009 . Edited 7/20/2009 #651
BlackDove90

((*Smiles broadly and says nothing*))

7/20/2009 #652
Terrian

(I think I've set myself up yet again. Ren's not going anywhere, so if you want to start another match, just head on back. I'll have worked something up. Whether it's good or not, I have no clue... But, I'm exhausted right now, its almost 5 in the morning here...)

7/20/2009 #653
BlackDove90

((Go sleep, it's almost 2 here))

7/20/2009 #654
Terrian

(I did. My parents kicked me out of my own room, so I had to sleep on the couch in the basement. Pity me please :P.)

Ren once again found himself unable to sleep within the safety of the tree. He wasn't sure if it was his inability to sleep once he was awake, or if the fact he had played his cards wrong earlier with... He needed to reherse that entire failure in his head. Something went horribly wrong, either she was well trained against seduction, or he really did play his cards wrong. The inability do decispher which one was the answer irked him to no end.

He put his button up back on to be worn sort of like a jacket, and he pulled out his pistol. He fondled it while continueing his deep thought, trying to remember when he lost complete control of the situation. If he could figure that out, he could avoid it the next time the talked. However, after going back through his little misendavour, it seemed he was never really in control at all.

He sighed, putting his gun back together after just getting done taking it apart. He once again holstered it and leaped back up to his branch in the tree. He'd figure it out in Lore class tomorrow. This was his free period, and free period was never meant to be used as time to think about stupid things like his failure. Which still irked him that he could not find his fatal flaw.

7/20/2009 #655
Zina Nevirone

((From The Lake.))

As Neva ran she transformed back into a girl from the wolf and lent against the tree. So her cover was blown, that's not the end of the world, right? She could still watch Alkas. It's just Alkas knows that she's being watched now. She probably already knew that, but didn't know who had been sent. She sat down and then curled up into a ball.

((Poor Terrian.))

7/21/2009 #656
BlackDove90

[[From lake]]

Finnagan skidded to a stop as he neared the ever popular tree, spotting the girl at once. He knew instantly it was the wolf he'd seen earlier. Finnagan was once more on higher alert than normal but with the lake safely behind him, Finnagan felt confidant enough to make contact. Wolves were not evil just much more self rightious. "Hey it's the amarok! How are you?" he said crouching next to the girl.

7/21/2009 #657
Zina Nevirone

Neva looked at him, "And you are?"

7/21/2009 #658
BlackDove90

Finnagan grinned. "I'm Finnagan, Finnagan Jones!" The fanfare played. "Alkas says you're here to spy on her is that true?"

7/21/2009 #659
Zina Nevirone

"I am here to watch her, not spy. She doesn't think it's necessary to have a Watcher, but she's never been without one. She needs someone. I have the privilege of being that someone." Neva blinked.

7/21/2009 #660
« Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: i wish i invented the internet Xeverus E. Miller, Silentkitt, Zina Nevirone
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member