Fantasy RPG
Come in and play as anything! Simple rules and a lot of fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jackie the Giant

"You're welcome!" Spice called after him.

"There goes our personal newscaster, telling everyone he meets how two strangers he met are going to overthrower the healer man." Sugar said dryly. "We'll be arrested before the day is out, I'll betcha."

"How much?" Spice asked jokingly.

"Now you sound like Ringo and your father." Sugar admonished her. "Come on, we had better get going. Mistress Robinswann is still waiting for us, remember."

8/16/2011 #271
Abumagi

As the duo left the tavern, the boy was running to everyone who matched his condition and talking animatedly to them. Some walked away annoyed that a little kid had wasted their time with his fantasies, but others believed him and walked away with an air of hope. Maybe life would actually become bearable after today. The dark-skinned soldier eavesdropped on one such conversation and raised her eyebrows. 'Interesting...'

8/16/2011 #272
Jackie the Giant

Sugar and Spice wandered the streets in search the the red-breasted swann that marked Akiko Robinswann's home. They were totally lost, and more than a little annoyed.

"You know, it might have been nice if Mistress Robinswann had given us directions to her house, instead of just to the city." Spice complained.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do about it now." Sugar replied. He felt just as annoyed as his fiancee, but his annoyance came out in a huff, while hers came out in volume. "At least we still have enough gold to rent a room, in the case where we don't find her house by dark."

"True." Spice admitted. "And we don't even know what she looks like, so it's not like we would be able to spot her in the street either."

They both fell silent and continued to scan for the clay bird.

8/16/2011 #273
Abumagi

The sun was still climbing up the sky, so the two probably wouldn't have to worry about not finding Robinswann's home before nightfall. What they did have to worry about, however, was the villagers. A sneaky one - a teenage boy - snuck up from behind the horses, aiming to snatch the bag holding Spice's and Sugar's remaining gold.

8/16/2011 #274
Jackie the Giant

Before the boy's hand actually reached her bag, Spice's own hand snaked out and caught him by the wrist. Her father would have been very disappointed in her if she had let a boy sneak up on her in such an obvious manner. Sugar didn't look surprised either.

"You need to work on your sneaking skills, kid." She said simply.

"My grandfather could have heard you coming, and he's half deaf." Sugar added.

8/16/2011 #275
Abumagi

The boy's eyes widened in surprise, and he tried to pull his hand out of Sugar's grip, but he wasn't strong enough, and could only wait for her to release him. "I-I'm sorry." he stuttered.

8/16/2011 #276
Jackie the Giant

Spice released his wrist. "Eh, just try to be quieter next time." She told him. "And don't go robbing little old ladies. You can find other targets, but they can't."

"That made it sound like you were a little old lady, Spice." Sugar deadpanned. "The wording did it."

Spice just rolled her eyes at her fiance.

8/16/2011 #277
Abumagi

Before the boy could run, an armored roughly soldier grabbed his arm. "Is this vagrant bothering you?" he asked, squeezing the boy's arm and getting a gasp of pain from him.

8/16/2011 #278
Jackie the Giant

"No sir, he's not." Spice said, staring at where the man's hand held the boy's arm as if her gaze alone could make him let go. "We were just talking."

"He wasn't bothering us in the least." Sugar backed her up. He too was giving the guard the hairy eyeball.

8/16/2011 #279
Abumagi

The soldier returned the hard gazes given to him by the two martial artists for a few moments before finally releasing the attempted pickpocket, allowing him to run off and vanish into the city, and returning to his post a few meters away.

8/16/2011 #280
Jackie the Giant

"Bully." Spice muttered under her breath as she and Sugar continued their search. She had a strong dislike for bullies, to put it politely, and wished that she could have thrashed that guard.

"I think you need a stronger word, dear." Sugar muttered to her. She just nodded in agreement.

"It's just too bad that we were taught better than to say that particular word aloud." She said, and this time it was Sugar's turn to nod. "And don't call me 'dear'." She added as an afterthought, earning her a slight chuckle from her fiance.

8/16/2011 #281
Abumagi

After a few minutes, the soldier from the town entrance came up to Sugar and Spice and removed her helmet, shaking her hair out to it's full length. "I hear that you're going to replace the current healer." she said impassively. "Is this true?"

8/16/2011 #282
Jackie the Giant

Sugar reached out and covered his fiancee's mouth before she could speak. "Perhaps. We haven't decided yet." He said, looking the guard in the eye. "Why do you ask?"

8/16/2011 #283
Abumagi

"We shouldn't talk here." the soldier replied, looking around and eyeing the villagers with distrust. "Meet me in the Mellow Mushroom tomorrow at noon." she put her helmet back on her head and hurried away.

8/16/2011 #284
Jackie the Giant

Sugar and Spice exchanged glances. Spice even forgot to get angry at Sugar for covering her mouth.

"Should we look for the Mellow Mushroom or for Mistress Robinswann? Because we sure aren't gonna find both today." Spice asked dryly. "Heck, we've been searching for hours now and haven't found that darned red-breasted swan that supposed to be so noticeable."

"Let's just look. We'll stay the night in whichever one we find first." Sugar said simply as they rode away down the street.

8/16/2011 #285
Abumagi

(I got nothing right now, you'll have to continue)

8/16/2011 #286
Jackie the Giant

(Oh. Okay. Sorry.)

As it turned out, the Mellow Mushroom was what they found first. It was an unassuming tavern, that they would have missed completely had the owner not decided to place clay mushrooms about the door.

"You know, it's like Mistress Robinswann's house is hiding from us." Spice mused as they took care of their horses. "We've been looking all day, and we still haven't found it."

"I know." Sugar nodded. "Either she got rid of that clay swan, or we're looking in all the wrong places."

"Either way, we're not finding it right now. Let's go order our rooms."

(Is that better?)

8/16/2011 . Edited 8/16/2011 #287
Abumagi

(Yeah, I got this now)

The girl at the counter looked at the two as they walked with a serious, bland expression. "You two need a room?" she asked. "A king bed or two queens?"

8/16/2011 #288
Jackie the Giant

"Um, two queens please." Sugar said. Just because they were engaged didn't mean they had to sleep together.

8/16/2011 #289
Abumagi

Without any display of emotion, the girl took a room key and handed it to the engaged couple. "That'll be three gold pieces and a silver piece." she said, holding out her hand.

8/16/2011 #290
Jackie the Giant

"Spice dug around in the bag, then pursed her lips in annoyance. "How about four gold pieces?" She said, handing over the coins. "I don't have any silver ones."

8/16/2011 #291
Abumagi

The girl took the golden money and handed Spice a silver piece as change. "Have a good day, and be sure to try our pizza for dinner tonight." she said emotionlessly and stood there, as if she had suddenly changed into a statue.

8/16/2011 #292
Jackie the Giant

"Um, o...kay." Sugar said uncertainly. He had the urge to wave his hand in front of the woman's face, but restrained himself and took Spice's hand so that she wouldn't do it either. "Come on, Spice. Let's go up to our room."

Spice just nodded, still looking at the clerk as she followed him.

8/16/2011 #293
Abumagi

According to the bit of metal attached to the key, their room was 312, so it was on the third floor of the building. They passed few people on their way to the room.

8/16/2011 #294
Jackie the Giant

The room was fairly comfortable and, to their delighted surprise, almost bug-free. As the sun went down, they each curled up on their own bed and fell asleep as soon as they closed their eyes.

8/16/2011 #295
Abumagi

The night passed peacefully for the two. While others in the city struggled to overcome their hunger, their fear, and their discomfort, they slept undisturbed on beds that most of them would have killed for.

All too soon, the sun rose, filling their room with bright, annoying light.

8/16/2011 #296
Jackie the Giant

"Wakey, wakey. Eggs and bakey." Spice awoke to the sound of Sugar's sing-song voice in her ear. "Good morning Starshine, the Earth says 'hello'!"

"Sugar..." Her hand reached out and groped around until it came into contact with his face. He tried to pull back out of her reach, but she grabbed his hair and slammed him face-first into the blankets. "I'm trying to sleep here!" She snapped.

Sugar said something, but it was muffled by the blankets, so she let him up. "Why?" He repeated. "Your usually up hours before I am."

"Horse riding always makes me tired." She replied. "Come on, let's go get breakfast. The mystery lady with the helmet will be here before you know it."

8/16/2011 #297
Abumagi

The tavern was mostly empty when the couple got down there - there was only the clerk, a large man sitting at a corner table, and a young dark-skinned girl wearing golden clothing sitting at a table close to the entrance.

8/16/2011 #298
Jackie the Giant

"Well, this place is just hoppin' today." Spice said sarcastically. Sugar rolled his eyes, and groaned inwardly when he thought about how he would have to put up with this every morning when they were married.

The pair took a seat at an empty table, and ordered a bowl of oatmeal each from the clerk, whom they had secretly dubbed the Statue Lady.

8/16/2011 #299
Abumagi

The Statue Lady served them in an efficient and mechanical manner, setting the oatmeal in front of them within minutes before going back to her desk and resuming her statue-esque position.

8/16/2011 #300
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Forum Moderators: Imagination 5 horrorjunkie666, Fox-Lover-Tori
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member