Fantasy RPG
Come in and play as anything! Simple rules and a lot of fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Jackie the Giant

"Always are." Rosemary replied as she stretched.

"We are as prepared as two people can be." Kovin said, with a little less enthusiasm. "Now, how pathetic do we need to look?"

8/13/2011 #181
Abumagi

Klaxem examined the two standing before him - a whole night in the wild hadn't done anything for any of their appearances, and Rosemary still looked exhausted. Looking at his own burnt clothing and dirt-covered skin, he said, "I think we're good." and started down the path to the next town.

8/13/2011 #182
Jackie the Giant

"Should we be insulted by that?" Rosemary joked as she followed the angel. She knew perfectly well that they looked pathetic and wasn't afraid to admit it.

"I haven't been this dirty since I visited America during the time of the Old West." Kovin grumbled.

8/13/2011 #183
Abumagi

Klaxem was moving quickly and purposely - he knew that Xari had set a trap in the next town, and that the vampire Hex had probably helped. No doubt he was already congratulating himself, thinking that there was no chance he would avoid the pitfall he had dug (figuratively, of course) in the half-angel's path. But this time, he would be in for a surprise...

---

"I'm going to lead them in," Xari said to Hex, "And when they pass under you, drop the net. I spelled it so that nothing can break, cut, or burn it." he bragged, looking smug. They were standing inside an abandoned building on the edges of the town. It hadn't been used in a while, and the windows were all boarded up, making it quite dark inside.

8/13/2011 #184
Jackie the Giant

Hex was rather doubtful of this plan that Xari had made, but he nodded his affirmation.

"And if your presence is not enough to bring them in, I left Hermona on the far side of the barn. That will at least get Kovin and his little piglet in here." He said.

8/13/2011 #185
Abumagi

"Trust me," Xari replied, "as soon as Klaxem sees me, he'll forget everything else and follow me, and his new 'friends' will follow him." He looked out the door, the only source of light. "He's close, maybe another half hour."

8/13/2011 #186
Jackie the Giant

Hex nodded laguidly. He had never been one to use more energy than he had to. "Right." He said.

8/13/2011 #187
Abumagi

"Get in the raftings and wait for me to get to the other side of the room." Xari instructed as he walked outside to wait. "I'm not going to get trapped under that thing too."

8/13/2011 #188
Jackie the Giant

Hex sent Xari a death glare at the insult, not to metion the condescending tone, but did as instructed. He could pick off the bug later.

8/13/2011 #189
Abumagi

Xari stood outside and waited, his arms crossed, for almost twenty-five minutes before the trio appeared out of the countryside. Upon sighting Xari, Klaxem gave a roar of rage and ran at him, a bit faster than the half-demon had anticipated. he still managed to get to the abandoned house well before the half-angel reached him, though.

8/13/2011 #190
Jackie the Giant

"Wow. It's like he's bi-polar." Rosemary said, as they followed the two brothers into barn.

Kovin nodded agreement as they entered, but immediately tensed when he smelled Hex. Both vampires saw Hermona sitting on the far side of the barn, but neither were stupid enough to go for such obvious bait.

"Doust thou think me such a dunce, Festus Hex?" He muttered under his breath as he scanned the barn for his adversary.

8/13/2011 #191
Abumagi

There was a sudden pulse of distortion in the air, and the vampires found themselves shoved deeper into the barn. The door slammed shut, engulfing everyone inside in darkness, and Xari warped to the only area that wouldn't be covered by the net, next to Hermona. "Now, Hex!" he called up to the rafters.

8/13/2011 #192
Jackie the Giant

Hex released the net, but Kovin dropped through the floor so that only Rosemary was ensnared. He rose from the ground right next to Xari, his cane glowing in the dark.

8/13/2011 #193
Abumagi

Klaxem was enmeshed as well, and struggled in vain to free himself. "Gah! You pitspawn! Let me go!"

Xari hadn't been expecting Kovin to pull a stunt like that - would have been nice if Hex had mentioned it - and stumbled back, tripping over Hermona and falling backwards.

8/13/2011 #194
Jackie the Giant

Hex leaped down from rafters and landed squarely on Kovin's left shoulder with both feet. Not only was the other vampire knocked to the ground, but there was a loud pop from his shoulder. "Agh!" Kovin gasped in pain.

8/13/2011 #195
Abumagi

The half-demon got to his feet as balls of fire appeared in one hand, illuminating the immediate area greater than Kovin's cane did. "Heh, not so tough now, huh?" Xari said to Kovin smugly and snapped his fingers. Vines popped out of the dirt and wrapped around the vampire, pinning him to the ground.

8/13/2011 #196
Jackie the Giant

Kovin sighed at the half-demon's blindness and fell through the Earth again, though a little more slowly this time because of the pain in his shoulder.

"Gah! He cannot be pinned to the ground." Hex snapped, barely restraining himself from calling Xari a fool. "However, he cannot stay under there for long. He cannot breath while fading."

8/13/2011 #197
Abumagi

"Well, how do we keep him up here?!" Xari demanded, irritated at the failure of this idea. "And why didn't you mention he could do that!?"

8/13/2011 #198
Jackie the Giant

Instead of answering, Hex grabbed Rosemary by the back of her shirt and forced her to stand under the netting. When Kovin came up beside Xari again, ready to attack the demon again, he pulled out a dagger and pressed it to his Virgin's throat.

When Kovin saw Hex with a blade to his Virgin's throat, he immediately froze. "Come up here Kovin." Hex said coldly. As his enemy obeyed slowly, the vampire silently wondered why he hadn't thought of this sooner. Rosemary was Kovin's greatest weakness.

8/13/2011 #199
Abumagi

Xari grinned wickedly and took a step away from Kovin. Klaxem growled at the sight of Rosemary being used as a hostage. He pulled at the rope, but it was much stronger than it should have been. the half-demon must have used metal or earth magic to make it stronger, and he had probably made it fire resistant with some water magic... but unbeknownst to his half-brother, Klaxem had learned a trick to counter this after the last three times. Focusing his mana, he caused the water around the rope to freeze, coating it in ice. When enough of the rope was frozen, he gave it a strong punch, and with the sound of shattering glass, it broke into thousands of tiny pieces, freeing him.

8/13/2011 #200
Jackie the Giant

When the rope shattered, Hex startled backwards. This caused the knife to slice a shallow cut across Rosemary's throat, but also freed her. She lashed out with an uppercut that sent the full-fledged vampire reeling backwards.

Seeing that Rosemary was free, Kovin instantly leaped at Xari with his cane transformed into a sword. He sliced at the demon, attempting to incapacitate him.

8/13/2011 #201
Abumagi

Xari stumbled back, his feet getting tangled in the rope and causing him to fall again, but he at least managed to avoid getting slashed open. He looked up at the vampire with a scowl, opened his mouth, and breathed fire straight at him. Klaxem ran over to Rosemary. "Are you alright?" he asked, eyeing the cut on her throat with concern.

8/13/2011 #202
Jackie the Giant

Kovin bent over backwards to avoid the flames, but his cravat still caught on fire. "That's the last straw." He muttered, and went after the demon with renewed vigor.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Rosemary saw where Klaxem was staring and touched her throught. "Ooh! He got me didn't he?" She said, as if he had merely nicked her elbow or something like that.

8/13/2011 #203
Abumagi

Not able to move, Xari thrust his arm out and shouted a word in Mandarin, creating a shield that repelled Kovin, knocking him back a few feet, but vanished after a few seconds.

"Yeah. You didn't feel it?" Klaxem asked, putting a finger on the cut to try and heal it.

8/13/2011 #204
Jackie the Giant

Kovin bounced off the wall but got up after a second and came at Xari again. The old boy was nothing if not relentless.

"Even vampires have adrenoline, Angel-Boy." Rosemary said dryly, but the next second had Klaxem in an embrace in order to put her hand between his back and the blade that would have gone into it. She hissed as she pulled the blade into view and glared at Hex, who had thrown it.

8/13/2011 #205
Abumagi

Finally getting his feet untangled from the blasted net, Xari sprang to his feet just in time to meet Kovin head-on. Grabbing his wrist, he pushed against the vampire, trying to keep the blade away from his body, while his other hand balled into a fist and flew at the vamp's head.

Klaxem blinked, confused by the sudden flurry of movement, and saw the blade. His face rearranged into a combination of shock and fury, and he whirled on Hex and charged at him, his balled fist glowing with an intense light. "You son of a B***!!"

8/13/2011 . Edited 8/13/2011 #206
Jackie the Giant

(Sorry, I didn't make it very clear did I? Rosemary wasn't holding the blade, it had gone through her hand.)

8/13/2011 #207
Abumagi

( Ah, ok. I edited the post appropriately)

8/13/2011 #208
Jackie the Giant

Kovin allowed himself to fall backwards, and used the demon's own momentum against him so that he could launch him into the air using his foot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hex swore when the blade went into Rosemary's hand instead of Klaxem's back, and backed up as the angel came at him with his fists glowing with a light he remembered all too well. However, he retained his cool appearance and smirked at the angel. "Ooh. Language? Coming from an angel? I'm shocked." He mocked.

8/13/2011 #209
Abumagi

"Gwah!" Was all Xari could say as he felt his feet leave the solidity of the ground. Desperately trying to gain the upper hand, he activated the flight spell, allowing him to stay in the air and hover above Korin. "Ha! What now, bloodsucker?" he mocked, looking down at the vampire.

Klaxem ignored the jab, quickly closing the distance between himself and the vampire, his fist glowing brighter with every step, until it was almost too bright too look at directly.

8/13/2011 #210
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Imagination 5 horrorjunkie666, Fox-Lover-Tori
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member