Fantasy RPG
Come in and play as anything! Simple rules and a lot of fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
LedyBoi

Iago made a face, but chuckled. He blew on the chowder and shoved the spoon into his mouth. In a minute, the bowl was empty. "That...was delicious." Iago said with eyes wide.

12/3/2011 #91
Jackie the Giant

"You want some more?" Chi offered, having had returned while he was eating. Jonrad chuckled.

"I'll have some more!" He said, handing her his bowl.

12/3/2011 #92
LedyBoi

"Oh, me too, please!" Iago exclaimed, dropping his calm personality. He almost looked excited to be eating another bowl.

12/3/2011 #93
Jackie the Giant

Chi laughed and left to go refill their bowls.

"I think Momma must be the best cook in the world." Jonrad said with a grin.

12/3/2011 #94
LedyBoi

"Certainly the best cook I've ever had." Iago agreed, wiping some chowder off of his lip with is thumb. "Hey Jonrad. I've been meaning to ask you something. What exactly happened with you and those humans back in that tree?" Iago had been flying through the forest at the time, when he had heard yelling, and gone down to investigate.

12/3/2011 #95
Jackie the Giant

The smile fell from Jonrad's lips, and he shrugged. "My guess is that they're from the human side of the village." He said, looking down at his fingers. "It's not the first time something like that has happened, though usually I'm not anywhere where I can escape up a tree. They would have lost interest once the sun went down. Pretty sure." They were usually children from the human side who would torment him, though adults sometimes did too. They would find him in a non-segrigated area and start to taunt him and throw things at him. He would always run away and hide until they lost interest.

12/4/2011 #96
LedyBoi
Iago sighed, his face solemn. He stood up and stretched. Just as he did so, he heard loud yells coming from outside the hut. There was a sickening crack of splintering glass as a rock was hurled through a window.
12/4/2011 #97
Jackie the Giant

Jonrad looked at the rock, but then leaped up and grabbed his mother as she attempted to leave the house. There was some more shouting outside, this time from the non-human neighbors, and then everything went quiet. Jonrad let go of his mother and she quietly began to clean up the glass.

12/4/2011 #98
LedyBoi
"Does that happen very often?" Iago sat down slowly, keeping his eyes on the window. His hands clenched and unclenched as though he expected something else to come flying in.
12/4/2011 #99
Jackie the Giant

"Sometimes." Chi said. "It's because we live so close to the Split. The humans are more bold about doing things like this when they're sure that they can just run back to their side of the village and not receive and punishment."

"Normally it's when we're outside the village, on neutral ground, that stuff like this usually happens." Jonrad said as he fetched the garbage pail for Chi to throw away the glass into. "Like those people who chased me into the tree. Sometimes there's no trees though, so I have to try and out-run them or hide." He spoke of this the way someone else might speak of the fact that his mother washed his clothes on Wednesdays. Just a part of life.

12/4/2011 #100
LedyBoi
Iago blinked. He was confused at the Tellian's tone. He wondered how his life would be different if he was constantly chased and attacked by humans. How could these two be so calm? And more importantly, why not fight back? "Well, I think I should be leaving." He said quietly, standing up again. "If I'm going to look for my brother, I should start as soon as possible."
12/4/2011 #101
Jackie the Giant

Jonrad looked at Iago in surprise, and Chi raised an eyebrow at her son. "Jonrad, I think you should go with him, if he'll allow it." She said, and Jonrad turned his surprised expression on her.

"What?" He looked at her. "But what about you?"

"Oh, I'll be fine. I never leave the village, and I can stay with Bijo who lives more towards the center." She said cheerfully. She looked at Iago. "Can he go with you? I think it would be good for him to be away from the village for once in his life."

12/4/2011 #102
LedyBoi
Iago grinned. "Of course your son may join me." He looked at Jonrad. "I'll make sure he stays out of trouble." He joked. Then glancing around, he added: "You might want to bring a pack, or satchel or something. Just to be safe."
12/4/2011 #103
Jackie the Giant

Jonrad nodded and quickly ran up to the loft to pack while Chi put together some bread and other travel-friendly foods. The Tellian boy didn't know what he would need, so he packed an extra set of clothing, some medical supplies and a rope. After he hung a locket with a picture of his mother in it around his neck, he came back down to meet Iago.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to go." He said cheerfully.

12/4/2011 #104
LedyBoi
"Alright then." Iago pushed open the door to the hut and stepped outside. "Thank you very much, Mrs. Chi!" He called back through the doorway.
12/4/2011 #105
Jackie the Giant

"You be good now." Chi said, as Jonrad bent down to kiss her goodbye.

"I will Momma." He said, shouldering his pack and taking the food she gave him. He followed Iago out the door, having to slow his steps because his long legs made him go faster than the demon. He was smiling, but he knew that he was going to have some serious bouts of homesickness.

12/4/2011 . Edited 12/4/2011 #106
LedyBoi
"Jonrad." Iago said, looking up to face him. "Since we are now acquainted, I would like to know more about you. For example, you haven't shown any signs of magical ability yet." He looked up at the sky, which was becoming a deep, dark blue. A few stars were starting to shine. "Can you...do anything special?"
12/4/2011 #107
Jackie the Giant

"Well, I'm pretty strong." Jonrad said, rubbing the back of his neck in thought. "Last month I pulled a really big tree stump out of the ground with just my bare hands. And I'm really durable. I fell at least twenty feet out of that tree, and hit some branches along the way, and only got some bruises."

12/4/2011 . Edited 12/4/2011 #108
LedyBoi
"Good, good." Iago murmured, with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You may need that if things go awry." He reached behind him and pulled out a long dagger from a sheath on his belt. "Hopefully they won't, but I have two of these just in case." The dagger was black and hooked in a sharp curve. It closely resembled the shape of his horns.
12/4/2011 #109
Jackie the Giant

"I... I would really rather not get into any unnecessary fights." Jonrad said, looking nervously at the dagger. Tellians were really durable when it came to being bludgeoned, but they could get cut or burned just as easily as a human could. In fact, they were more susceptable to fire, which was why all Tellian delicacies were cold.

12/4/2011 #110
LedyBoi

"Neither would I, really." Iago shrugged, putting the dagger back in it's sheath. "That's why we might have to lay low and try to avoid trouble." Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of parchment. He unfolded into what looked like a map. "We need to go here." He said, pointing to a spot near the center of the map. "The city of Southlea. I know a guy there who might know where my brother is."

((Just an FYI, my next post might be delayed for a little while. But I'll still come back today. It'll probably take around 45 minutes. Maybe sooner. Sorry if it's an inconvenience. (:))

12/4/2011 #111
Jackie the Giant

((That's okay. :) ))

"Okay." Jonrad said. Personally, he hoped that Tellians weren't rare in Southlea, or else a ten-foot-tall, green boy might draw some attention. "I'm afraid I won't be much help in the city, but if we run out of food along the way I can forage. I know a whole bunch of edible plants."

12/4/2011 #112
LedyBoi

((I might have been longer than I anticipated. But I'm back. ^^))

Iago laughed. "Edible plants, hm?" Then he remembered something. "Hey, uh, you wouldn't happen to know of a small green plant that...er...glows?" He looked slightly nervous.

((Oh, and, do you think we should develop a story line or something? Or just freestyle? I'm fine with either. ^^))

12/4/2011 #113
Jackie the Giant

"Glows?" Jonrad echoed. "I've never seen any plants that glow before. You didn't eat it did you? It's probably not a good idea to eat glowing things." He looked at Iago with concern.

12/4/2011 #114
LedyBoi

Iago looked straight ahead with a blank expression. "Um...no..." He answered quietly. Maybe it was best if he forgot about the strange foliage. Iago's race was (mostly) immune to many poisons; in case it was poisonous; but he decided that he probably shouldn't devour anymore mysterious plants. He forced a grin. "A-anyway! Perhaps you want to know how to, er, identify my brother if you see him." He stammered, attempting change the subject.

12/4/2011 #115
Jackie the Giant

Forutnately for Iago, Jonrad was very easy to distract by changing the subject. "Right." He said, nodding. "That probably would be for the best."

12/4/2011 #116
LedyBoi

Iago let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "Alright, well, his name is Xepiel. We look similar, only he has black hair, and it's very long." He paused to think. "Ah, yes. He has scars down his face. Like this..." Iago ran two fingers down his face and over each of his eyes. "They resulted in his blindness." He shrugged. "He seems to get around just as well as me, however. The scars are a dead giveaway. If you spot someone like that, tell me straightaway." He frowned suddenly. "Unless, of course, he's taken on another form...hmm..."

12/4/2011 #117
Jackie the Giant

"He can change forms?" Needless to say, Jonrad did not know much about demons. In fact, he didn't know anything about demons, except for the fact that they were supposed to be scary.

12/4/2011 #118
LedyBoi

"Yes, he can." Iago growled. "I can't. I'm stuck like this. If I could, I would make myself something a bit more...intimidating." He crossed his arms. "Some demons have that ability, but not all of them. I can do some simple magic, but nothing special." He shrugged and walked faster. "We should be in Southlea soon." He announced.

12/4/2011 #119
Jackie the Giant

Jonrad followed after. "Wow. I hadn't realized it was so close." He said. They had only been walking for an hour, two at most.

12/4/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Imagination 5 horrorjunkie666, Fox-Lover-Tori
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member