Cynical Romantics
For those of us who write about love for fear that it's becoming nonexistent in the real world. Come chat, drink cybercoffee, discuss...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Alleri

LOL...

I think we're getting off topic......my fault. Not sorry at all, Zip. :p

5/15/2009 #31
Kyrii

Are we?

Iunno...If we wanted, we could relate this to cynical love. It'd be a stretch, but...hey, I think I'm just gonna try now. Though I've never been particularly flexible...here goes!

See, we were talking about the soldier in Sinbad who got half-eaten and then spat back out by a sea monster or something and the attempted burning at the stake of the gypsies in the Hunchback of Notre Dame and how Disney movies are so darn violently disturbing which makes for disturbing and creepy children who grow up to be disturbing, creepy, rude and abusive stalkerish adults which means none of us will ever find love because we all were forced to watch violent Disney movies when we were younger so we're all violent, creepy, disturbing, annoying, irritated, creepers of adults, so nobody can fall in love because we're all REVOLTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See? It relates. 'Cause I'm uber-magical like that.

5/15/2009 #32
Alleri

Wow...you actually were able to make it work. Anyway, this only applies to people who do watch Disney movies. And these people are mainly Americans. So are you saying Americans are more violent, creepy, disturbing, annoying, irritated, creepers of adults? I also forgot rude, abusive, and stalkish.

Oh! For the love of...No one?

5/15/2009 #33
SummerWind88

America is doomed. Look at California's governator. ((facepalm))

5/17/2009 #34
BillNye

Well you got to remember that the abidabi's aren't that up to speed on the flicks in America. Maybe they watch Disney movies?

And as for California...it was pretty much doomed as soon as Arnold set foot on the soil. addeddeaddeedeeBORDER. 0.0

5/18/2009 #35
BillNye

Don't get me started on the whole government thing.

5/18/2009 #36
Kyrii

Yes. Didn't I say I was magical?

Maybe. Maybe I am. In fact, no. I absolutely am. Americans are simply revolting. Along with violent, creepy, disturbing, annoying, irritated, abusive, rude, stalkish and creepers of adults. (But I say that as one of them, so no one else from America can come and beat me up about it, 'kay?) However, I never did watch Disney movies. (So HA!!!!!! I win.)

America is a dying nation of disgusting almost-not-even-human lifeforms.

5/18/2009 #37
BillNye

Well, not quite. Try they've become nothing but cozy pampered sheep. Ooh, here's a grim joke fer ya:

what did one sheep say to the other? Absolutely nothing.

Ha.

5/22/2009 #38
Kyrii

LOL. Heck yeah, they have. So tell me, are you a sheep?

5/22/2009 #39
BillNye

Im....hmm...

Let's say I'm a black sheep who likes to wack the other sheep out of their ignorant ways.

5/26/2009 #40
sweven

Zippy, you are so lying! You didn't know how to spell dead at all!

Love? (sigh) It exists. Although it's not as great as the romances in movies or books. I'd rather have it than be without it...life is so much more interesting. Fights, drama, arguments, jealousy, anxiety, pain...it just sounds so exciting! :] But hey, joy and adoration trumps them all, right?

--

Yeah I agree... Y'know, it's not every day that you'll meet a vampire who will take you through so many different adventures.

Just something to consider.

Love is so boring. Sorry to seem masochistic, but it's only fun when you see love crash and burn.

7/28/2009 #41
Zandra Jane

I have to say, I think jealousy is wonderful in moderation. Anything in excess is bad, sure, but to me a little jealousy reminds you that you still care and you still want to be with that person. As long as the jealousy is backed with like...not being insane.

But man, feeling that twinge of jealousy OR knowing that he/she feels it for you is this good shock to the romance in my opinion. Then again, I like a little drama.

8/2/2009 #42
SummerWind88

What you say makes sense, but I think jealousy is just all-around bad. If you feel jealous...yeah, not a fun feeling. And if the person you're with becomes jealous it's most likely over nothing. And then you have to deal with their reaction. I don't know. I've always found it pretty childish. And it almost always comes with a dose of pointless drama.

One of my first girlfriends broke up with me over my lack of jealousy. Turns out I didn't have enough bat shlt crazy reactions when she hung out with the guys in our class. ((shakes head)) Middle school...

8/19/2009 #43
RoxEnchant

It does exist, but if you had asked me a few years ago, I would have said no, there is no way its real. I was one of the biggest Cynics around, and a complete commitment phob. But I found true love, and I am very grateful for it.

I met the love of my life when I was 18, at a coffee shop of all places. We clicked, it wasn't love at first sight, but there was something about him that made me want to get to know him; we both thought that it was just going to be a summer fling...but that was about 3 years ago and every moment I spend with him I fall more in love with him. It took me almost 9 months to tell him I loved him, and I remember telling him at the beginning of our relationship that 'I have been yet to prove it is real...there for at this moment, no I do not believe in love.'

Yes we fight and get on each others nerves, but at the end of the day we are each others best friend and just want to be together. My friends say that I have a storybook romance. We say we have something that doesn't come around very often, true love.

That's my sappy story

-Rox

9/27/2010 #44
RoxEnchant

It does exist, but if you had asked me a few years ago, I would have said no, there is no way its real. I was one of the biggest Cynics around, and a complete commitment phob. But I found true love, and I am very grateful for it.

I met the love of my life when I was 18, at a coffee shop of all places. We clicked, it wasn't love at first sight, but there was something about him that made me want to get to know him; we both thought that it was just going to be a summer fling...but that was about 3 years ago and every moment I spend with him I fall more in love with him. It took me almost 9 months to tell him I loved him, and I remember telling him at the beginning of our relationship that 'I have been yet to prove it is real...there for at this moment, no I do not believe in love.'

Yes we fight and get on each others nerves, but at the end of the day we are each others best friend and just want to be together. My friends say that I have a storybook romance. We say we have something that doesn't come around very often, true love.

That's my sappy story

-Rox

9/27/2010 #45
Fizzy Bath Bomb

love. ded or not ded?? ( or is it just dead?) course it's not like the movies! (but dang, I sure as hell wish it was). but movies are based on something, because otherwise they wouldn't exist, love isn't dead, it's everywhere we look. although, we are often blinded by the brutality of others. love doesn't have to be between lovers, because there is a quality of love between friends and an undeniable love between family. Love is most definitely alive, and thriving, in fact I'd say it's the only thing holding Earth together.

jeez. that was deep.

fizzy x

8/23/2013 #46
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Joyful Girl in the Mirror
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member