Regency RPG
Does Jane Austen mean more to you than just an author? Does the mention of "Pride and Predjudice", "Persuasion" or "Sense and Sensibility" make you think of beautiful dresses and handsome men? Here, you can RP your own regency characters. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Tatianolishka

While not really much of a castle, the stone construction of the house gives it that medieval feel.

http://www.wassand.co.uk/images/house7.jpg

FOR SALE

4/10/2009 #1
Little Miss Priss

After a lengthy stop at the French boutique on Market Street Cassie accompanied Mr. Roland to inspect a home in a nearby neighborhood. The home named Cuthbert Castle was at the end of a long lane which was edged by woods all around. Cassie loved the home immediately, the stone facade and large rooms reminded her of an earlier time. The grounds were not well kept and would have to be updated before they could be toured by guests. But after all was reviewed and the price settled the Roland’s returned to London the content owners of Cuthbert Castle. The journey was filled with plans for updates, and additions to the large home, that when complete would rival any in the neighborhood.

4/10/2009 #2
Little Miss Priss

It was the night of the long awaited ball. Cassie stood before the mirror in her dressing room admiring her figure in her new ball gown. The gown was cut in the latest style, and was made of supple purple fabric. Cassie was sure that she had never owned anything as wonderful as this and was also positive that she would be the shining beacon of the party. After all there was no better way to make a first impression than to show your wealth, and this gown defiantly did that.

Leaving her room she walked to the sitting room that connected Mr. Roland’s suite to her own. There she found him, adjusting his jacket, and checking himself in the mirror above the fireplace. Looking at him she remembered him as a young man. Now the age difference of 5 years seems so insignificant, but at there first meeting all those years ago when she was 12, and he 17, the 5 year gap had seemed a gulf that could never been overcome. But just 4 years later when he returned from Oxford at the age of 21 she was then 16 and had just been introduced to society. After the 4 year absence the age difference had slipped to the wayside, and they had married a year later.

Turning he looked into her eyes and seemed to read her thoughts. In seconds he had crossed the room and planted a passionate kiss on her lips. Surprised she kissed him again and then pulled away. It would never do to enter the Ball rumpled. Placing her hand on his arm they walked slowly to the door. Stepping out they walked gracefully toward the ballroom to meet their guests.

4/10/2009 #3
Tatianolishka

Emily and Johanna had never been to a fancy ball before, and certainly not one at Cuthbert. The previous owners, whoever they were musn't have been fond of socializing, otherwise it would've been the center of much gay laughter and ceremony. Johanna and her mother, of course, seemed the most excited for tonight. They puzzled over how their hair must look, with pearls or flowers in curls or chignions, and if their dresses should be of silk or velvet to complement the tapestries which should be at a proper home. In the end, Jo was dressed to look much older than her fifteen years. Her mother's borrowed gown of green and black velvet gave a fancy shine to her eyes, and matching pearls in her ears and around her neck made her look sophisticated. Her hair was up in matching pins, and looked fit for a court event.

Emmy, however, looked like she belonged more in a convent. Her dress was of pink satin, which crinkled awfully as she walked in white pumps. Despite the fine white embroidery on the bodice, it still looked more worthy of a country dance and a fine ball. She had done her hair herself, seeing as her mother obsessed over Jo and neglected her eldest. It had won the assurance of her ten-year-old sister May that she looked much more divine, but it didn't help much.

Poor May was to be left at home with Mrs. Spatz, the kind nursemaid, while her sisters and parents went off to yet another boring party. Of course, Mrs. Brighton would enjoy herself. Women enjoyed her taste in home furnishings and decorations, while men listened for that Russian accent that popped into her words once in awhile. Mr. Brighton sat back with the men and would laugh at whatever they had to say, for he rarely took anything seriously except money matters. Jo, too, would be dancing with all of the eligible men in the room while keeping an eye out for the mysterious stable boy, whom she hadn't seen since the Promenade.

And Emmy? She would be sitting in the corner all evening, talking with the girls her age and sewing. Once in awhile she'd be asked to play the pianoforte, but once that was done it was back to needlework. No man seemed to want a homely little thing.

4/10/2009 #4
Lee's ghost re-born

Major Charles Sevenworth arrived.

4/10/2009 #5
Little Miss Priss

Mr. Daniel Durst stood at the top of the curving staircase just out of view of the arriving guests. Daniel did love a ball, but more than dancing he enjoyed watching. Society was always at their best at a ball, and there best was the greatest form of entertainment he could ask for. Daniel prided himself on his ability to see through a person airs straight into their try intentions, and their true person. In a way it was like looking into a persons soul, into the very essence of who they really are. Watching the guests arrive he was quite certain that this new society was going to give him a great deal of pleasure!

4/10/2009 #6
Tatianolishka

The family stepped out of their carriage, Jo and Tatiana buzzing to themselves about the state of the house. Christopher and Emmy followed behind, only much slower. Dogs barked at their heels and they all tiptoed around to avoid the dirt, until arriving on the front step.

"Remember girls." Tatiana said. "Remember your manners and keep quiet."

For Emmy, this would be all too easy.

They walked in and waited to be introduced to the hostess.

4/10/2009 #7
Little Miss Priss

Cassie and Emmett stood just inside the ballroom and waited to be introduced to thier guests. Everything looked wonderful, Cassie had decided to leave the stone ballroom much as it had been but had added furniture and paint to accentuate the architectural details of the room. She was certain that the guests would have the best impression possible and the refreshment table looked amazing!

They did not have to wait long for thier first guest.

"Mr. and Mrs. Brighton, Miss Brighton, and Miss Johanna." Announced Mr. Warrington the butler.

Cassie studied the family in front of her, she could tell that although Johanna was the beauty of the family Miss Brighton was the brains, and the far more interesting of the two. Before introductions could be finished Cassie was surprised by the appearance of Daniel.

"Daniel" she exclaimed

"Sorry to have startled you Mrs. Roland. I did not mean to intrude."

Cassie may have been startled by his sudden appearance but it did not stop her from noticing his interest in the Brighton family. Recovering herself she began an introduction.

"Mrs. Brighton, may I introduce my husbands secretary and our particular friend Mr. Daniel Durst."

4/11/2009 #8
Tatianolishka

Tatiana and the girls curtsied before their host, prompting Mr. Brighton to give his thanks.

"Your invitation was most kindly accepted in our house, Mrs. Roland." he said. "Especially for Mrs. Brigton and Miss Johanna here. We are very greatful to have received it."

Jo peered around the room, admiring the structure of the house and the people already inside. Her eyes lit up at the sight of the handsome secretary, and she made it in her mind that if the soldier didn't show up, she would try for him instead. Emmy just focused on the Mr. and Mrs. Roland, waiting for introductions to be finished so she could sit. Her feet ached from the new heels and she wanted nothing more than to sit, hoping to ease the growth of the blisters.

4/11/2009 #9
Lee's ghost re-born

Sevenworth enter the hall.

Liam showed up in his drity army jacket.

4/11/2009 #10
Tatianolishka

Johanna turned and smiled at the sight of the rough-and-tumble soldier. Poor man looked like he'd never seen a washbin in his life, and it made her smile a little. He was quite a contrast with the well-groomed men of the upper class. She curtsied politely to Mrs. Roland and hurried towards Liam, stopping just short of him to smile and do the same to him.

"Good evening, Mr. Gardner." she said. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

Emmy smiled slightly at her sister and turned back to the Rolands.

4/11/2009 #11
Lee's ghost re-born

"Yes," he grinned. "I'd hope you'd be here."

4/11/2009 #12
Tatianolishka

Jo blushed.

"Mr. Gardner, you are terrible." she said with a giggle. "Come inside, you look ready to freeze."

4/11/2009 #13
Lee's ghost re-born

"Thank you."

Sevenworth aproched him. "Oh stable boy, kindly take my carrige out back."

"Certainly sir," said Liam trying to hide a grin.

4/11/2009 #14
Tatianolishka

Jo curtsied to Liam, winking at him then turning towards the captain.

"Good evening, sir." she greeted politely.

4/11/2009 #15
Lee's ghost re-born

Liam grabed her hand. "I need help," he laughed in her ear.

4/11/2009 #16
Tatianolishka

She smiled and nodded.

"Give me a moment." she whispered back. "I must do one thing first."

She took a turn about the room, until she was where no one could see her and hurried outside towards where Liam was.

4/11/2009 #17
Lee's ghost re-born

"Which is his?"

For ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf5If2yqme4)

4/11/2009 #18
Tatianolishka

(Yes!!! XD)

"Probably the barouche." she said, pointing to the black carriage with the white horse. "Seeing as it's the only one made for such a self-important man."

She laughed.

4/11/2009 #19
Lee's ghost re-born

"Any idea how to get the bloddy-pardon my mouth- beasts to move?"

4/11/2009 #20
Tatianolishka

"Not in the slightest." she said. "Though perhaps you have to lead it towards the barn. I've seen my sister do it a few times, except it usually doesn't have a carriage attached to it."

4/11/2009 #21
Lee's ghost re-born

"Maybe we push it out?"

"We've got to..we've got too..get movin'..stay loose." XDD)

4/11/2009 #22
Tatianolishka

((XD I need to rent that again.))

She shrugged.

"I'll take the thing on his mouth and lead him to the barn. We'll see how the other horses are put up."

4/11/2009 #23
Lee's ghost re-born

(You men go there, I'm gonna walk in a circle.")

He nodded. "Worth a try."

4/11/2009 #24
Tatianolishka

(XD)

Jo looped her fingers around the bridle's cheekpiece and urged the horse forward. It kindly obeyed.

4/11/2009 #25
Lee's ghost re-born

They got into the stable, but Liam triped on hoe and landed in the hay.

4/11/2009 #26
Tatianolishka

Jo laughed.

"Mr. Gardner, are you alright?" she asked.

4/11/2009 #27
Lee's ghost re-born

"Oh grand," he mumbled trying to dust himself off. "And plz call me Liam."

4/11/2009 #28
Tatianolishka

"Alright then, Liam." she said, smiling. "I think, by the looks of how our horse is, we have to loosen the ties on the horse and tie him to that pole there."

She pointed accordingly, starting to get very bored of this assignment.

4/11/2009 #29
Lee's ghost re-born

"Want to just see what this horse can do?" he grinned devilishly

4/11/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Tatianolishka DaCivilWarBear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member