Regency RPG
Does Jane Austen mean more to you than just an author? Does the mention of "Pride and Predjudice", "Persuasion" or "Sense and Sensibility" make you think of beautiful dresses and handsome men? Here, you can RP your own regency characters. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
DaCivilWarBear

The untamed wilderness of Chatham and the surrounding parishes. Mostly farmland, though there are a few wild woods.

6/24/2009 #1
DaCivilWarBear

((From Haversham Manor))

Helen eyed her assailant icily. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" she asked darkly, crossing her arms.

6/24/2009 #2
SnowClaw of Windclan

"A simple senor that needs simple things.", Juan said, untying the bands around her wrists, "In this case, money."

6/24/2009 #3
DaCivilWarBear

"There are such things as jobs, you know," Helen replied, rubbing her sore wrists. "Why can't you be a farmhand or a lawyer's clerk instead of kidnapping ladies from parties?"

6/24/2009 #4
SnowClaw of Windclan

"I am like a bird, seniorita---" He made a smooth gesture, "--I have no desire to be caged, to live half a life."

6/24/2009 #5
DaCivilWarBear

"Hundreds of thousands of men hardly seem to mind."

6/24/2009 #6
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Hundreds of thousands of men, yes. But they do not understand what they are missing, because if they did, they surely wouldn't be living in one place." Juan made a gesture towards the barn. "Make yourself comfortable, Seniorita."

6/24/2009 #7
DaCivilWarBear

"Rather," Helen said dryly, and plopped down in a pile of moldering hay. "So, what I am I to do while you go about your business? Do you even know my name?"

6/24/2009 #8
SnowClaw of Windclan

"No, and I apologize for that inconvienience. My name is Juan esada, seniorita, and you are...?"

6/24/2009 #9
DaCivilWarBear

"Helen," Helen replied, smoothing her skirts out around her rather than let them wrinkle.

6/24/2009 #10
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Helen. And what is it like for you at home? Because judging by your attire, I would have to make the assumption that you have been spoon fed for the most of your life."

6/24/2009 #11
DaCivilWarBear

"That, sir, is none of your business," Helen replied in the politest way she could.

6/24/2009 #12
SnowClaw of Windclan

"None of my business." He raised a dark brow.

6/24/2009 #13
DaCivilWarBear

"Indeed," Helen replied.

6/24/2009 #14
SnowClaw of Windclan

Juan got up and leaned against a shadowed corner on the other side of the barn. "You may want to get some sleep, seniorita."

6/24/2009 #15
DaCivilWarBear

"Hardly," Helen said. "Without a blanket?"

6/24/2009 #16
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Stop your whining." Juan took off his cloak and tossed it over to her. "Now go to sleep. I need time to think."

6/24/2009 #17
DaCivilWarBear

Rather aghast at her captor's rudeness, Helen gingerly took the cloak and laid it over her feet. "Think about what? How you're going to explain to the court why you did such a foolish thing?"

6/24/2009 #18
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Are my thoughts suddenly your property?" There was suddenly a hostile edge to his tone.

6/24/2009 #19
DaCivilWarBear

"You're not very nice," Helen informed him. "At least Edward was personable."

6/24/2009 #20
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Edward? Do tell, seniorita." He stared at the ceiling, deep in thought.

6/24/2009 #21
DaCivilWarBear

"Your kinsman," Helen replied. "I assume you're a highwayman?"

((I have to go to work now...bye!))

6/24/2009 #22
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Yes, I am." He said, once more fingering one of the strings of gold that dangled from his neck, "And I am proud of what I do, seniorita."

6/24/2009 #23
DaCivilWarBear

Helen let out a huff of breath. "I should have expected as such. Well, wake me when you have something interesting to tell me, for I am tired."

She laid down and pointedly closed her eyes.

6/24/2009 #24
SnowClaw of Windclan

Juan was silent that night, unwilling to sleep, wishing he wasn't awake. It had been so long that he had been in the presence of a woman, so long...He glanced towards the figure curled into the straw; more than likely her folks would be willing to pay highly. Sighing, the highwayman finally settled down in his normal spot in the rafters and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning he woke up early; Helen was still asleep. He figured that he might as well get something to eat...He mounted quickly, headed off towards the town to take a few things from a local orchard.

When he returned, the sun was beginning to rise. He set down a few apples and a pear for the sleeping Helen, then climbed back up onto the rafters and took out some stale bread to have with his fruit.

6/24/2009 #25
DaCivilWarBear

Helen woke uncomfortably quickly, and sat up, rubbing her stiff neck and shoulders and picking straw out of her hair. So she was still in this creaky old barn. "Where are you, you ne'er-do-well?" she muttered, shivering in her thin dress.

Sullenly, she picked up one of the apples and silently munched on it.

6/24/2009 #26
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Ne'er-do-well. That's a new one." Juan leapt down from the rafters with a soft thud, leaned against a rickety stall door.

6/24/2009 #27
DaCivilWarBear

Startled, Helen let out an "Oh!" and lurched backwards, her hand over her pounding heart.

6/24/2009 #28
SnowClaw of Windclan

"You've got to get used to your surroundings, Seniorita." Juan smiled, chuckled with amusement. He then took off one of the bands aroudn his neck and tossed it at her. "Gold. You high classmen like that stuff, right? All nice and shiny."

(Hurr, have to go...)

6/24/2009 #29
DaCivilWarBear

Almost touched by this display of generosity, Helen wrinkled her nose. "Do you have a plan, sir highwayman, whose name I do not yet know, or am I to sit around in a barn until my father comes riding in with sacks of money? Because he won't know where to find me, you realize."

((Aww, okay. Bye!))

6/24/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Tatianolishka DaCivilWarBear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member