Regency RPG
Does Jane Austen mean more to you than just an author? Does the mention of "Pride and Predjudice", "Persuasion" or "Sense and Sensibility" make you think of beautiful dresses and handsome men? Here, you can RP your own regency characters. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
SnowClaw of Windclan

Juan watched the road for most of the ride, finally speaking up in a shaking voice. "...You...don't love me, seniorita.", he said quietly. It wasn't a question.

8/6/2009 #31
DaCivilWarBear

"I have a headache," Helen replied shortly.

8/6/2009 #32
Little Miss Priss

Leaving the chapel Cassie approached Cecy "Miss Graham. How have you been?"

8/6/2009 #33
SnowClaw of Windclan

He nodded, thinking that it wasn't a wise move to offer assistance.

"Helen...I'm sorry." He didn't turn to look at her as he spoke, "For everything."

8/6/2009 #34
DaCivilWarBear

Helen didn't look at him, either, preferring to gaze out at the rolling countryside. "Don't."

((Shall we switch to Windermere?))

8/6/2009 #35
misschosaku

Cecy looked up. "Oh, Mrs. Roland! Hello," she gave her what she hoped was a reassuring smile. "I'm glad to see you."

8/6/2009 #36
Little Miss Priss

"As am I." Cassie said with a bright smile "We have not seen you at Cuthbert for several weeks now. You must come to tea this afternoon."

8/7/2009 #37
misschosaku

"I would be delighted to," Cecy said, smiling genuinely at her. "I have missed your company."

(Matthew's staying there, isn't her?)

8/7/2009 #38
Little Miss Priss

"Wonderful, would you care to ride with us back to Cuthbert?"

((Yep, Matthew is there. That is Cassie's plan.))

8/7/2009 #39
misschosaku

"It would be a pleasure," Cecy said politely, following Cassie.

(That's what I figured XD)

8/7/2009 #40
Little Miss Priss

Cassie wrapped her arm around the younger womans and head toward the carriage. As they approached she watched Matthew's reaction and was surprised by his warm smile until she realized that his discomfort was just beneath the surface.

8/7/2009 #41
SnowClaw of Windclan

"Why shouldn't I apologize...This is my fault. The all of it, and-" He hesitated, "I love you enough to accept that the passion my feelings...are not returned in the same way." A searing pain from his past experiences returned, fresh in his mind.

8/7/2009 #42
misschosaku

Cecy looked up as they walked to the carriage, suddenly remembering that Matthew must be staying with the Rolands. To refuse their invitation now would be childish, however, so she bit her lip and continued on with Cassie as bravely as she could. His smile still made her heart melt. Still.

8/7/2009 #43
DaCivilWarBear

((Fern - I'll reply in Windermere. [:))

8/7/2009 #44
Little Miss Priss

Fidgetting and uncomfortable Matthew bowed to Cecy. "Miss Graham" he stuttered helping her into the carriage.

8/7/2009 #45
misschosaku

"Mr. Suft," she stammered, feeling the warmth of his hand through her thin gloves. She had missed seeing him. But did he miss seeing her? Or was his discomfort due to the things she had said?

8/7/2009 #46
Little Miss Priss

Once in the carriage Mrs. Roland sat next to her husband leaving Matthew and Cecy to sit next to one another. Settling into thier seats an uncomfortable silence descended over the group.

((To Cuthbert))

8/7/2009 #47
Little Miss Priss

Daniel arrived at the Chapel early in his own carriage and proceeded to a small room just outside the chapel it's self to await the arrival of guests and the bride.

Wearing his newly tailored jacket Daniel felt like a child playing at being an adult. For although he loved Emmy wholeheartedly he worried about thier future. She was such a lady and he little more than a servant. No, he stopped himself. He was no ones servant anymore. He was Mr. Daniel Durst of Meadow Park Manor, and the Ludow tea plantation. He was a kind, and respected man, not a child. Feeling more confident he sat straighter and determined to be the man he knew Emmy believed him to be. His resolve faded slightly when the teary eyed Cassie entered the room.

"Why, whatever is the matter?" he asked her.

"Nothing....nothing." she replied trying to hide her tears and the slight shake in her voice "It is only that you have grown so, and now you are to be married. After today you will be someone else's Daniel!" she finished and broke down completely.

Realizing that her emotions were partly based on her condition and on her fear of losing him he tried to comfort her. "I will be just over the hill." he reminded her for the fifth time that morning "And I shall come and see you often. Besides, you will have the new baby to keep you busy." He knew the second he said it that it was wrong as she immediatly let lose a screech and sobbed harder "But they won't be you Danny!" she cried.

At a lose for anything more to say he simply hugged her and patted her shoulder. Looking toward Emmett for assistance he simple got a shrug and a roll of the eyes in return.

Stepping back Cassie seemed to collect herself and looked at Daniel "Oh dear! Look at the mess I have made all over your new jacket." taking out a clean handkerchief (her maid must have had the forethought to pack many extras) she tried to wipe away the tear drops.

Seeing that she was calm Emmett stepped and suggested that they find thier seats as many of the guests were arriving. Nodding she hugged Daniel one more time and allowed herself to be lead from the room.

At her exit Daniel breathed a sigh of relief. After facing an emotional Mrs. Roland the ceremony would be a breeze!

9/5/2009 #48
Marinus

Viscount Luminary's coach and four drew up to the simple, elegant chapel, the horses whickering in excitable consternation. ((I wish this place had a spire...spire chapels look so much nicer...oh well :p))

One of the footmen leapt down and courteously opened the door for von Hauke, the door's crest catching the light, and Mordecai stepped into the wintry morning sunlight, the air like knives. He had dressed with care - a pearly gray tailcoat matched to a dove-gray waistcoat. The silvery chain of a fob-watch passed over it, and at his throat a shimmering cravat bloomed, held with a tie-pin that bore the Luminary crest. Blinding white gloves glowed at his hands, the signet ring brilliant gold over them. A boutonniere flowered at his lapel, a top hat graced his pale hair and a silver-headed cane clicked beside him.

Chatham fell, fortuitously, in Luminary's domain as Viscount Rochester ((This is actually true, only the noble of Rochester wasn't a viscount...)) and so there was a family pew waiting for him. He opted, however, to simply move into the church vestibule rather than taking his place on the pews - the better to meet people, and the vicar, who would no doubt berate him for lax attendance.

von Hauke brightened as he saw the Rolands emerge into the chapel and nodded in greeting. "I hope this joyous day finds you both well," he said, looking polite askance at the tear tracks down Cassie's face.

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #49
Tatianolishka

Once Emily was dressed and ready, with her hair done and her bonnet placed, the family boarded into an elegantly beribboned carriage and set off for the church. May and Elizabeth sat to her left and right, may in a yellow silk dress with a blue ribbon in her hair and holding a little bouquet on her lap. Not much was spoken in the carriage, other than Tatiana's occasional criticisms of the dress and the church.

The horse trotted onwards and stopped just outside, where she was ushered in secret to another room in the little chapel. Emmy trembled with anxiousness.

Mrs. Daniel Durst.

9/7/2009 #50
Little Miss Priss

At the clergyman's signal Daniel left the little room and approached the front of the chapel. Head high he stood new the alter and awaited his bride. His bride he repeated to himself. How wonderful that sounded! A bride of his very own, a future for him, a future for them both. After what seemed an eternity the music changed and he turned to the back of the chapel looking for Emmy.

9/8/2009 #51
Lee's ghost re-born

Liam and jo sunk in.

9/8/2009 #52
Tatianolishka

Once the bride's mother was seated in the front, Johanna sighed with relief. She had been hiding in the back with her husband's large coat on her shoulders and a veiled bonnet on her head. She turned to Liam and gave him a halfhearted smile.

"Thank you."

Emily breathed slowly as she tried to settle the butterflies in her stomach and her racing heart. She turned to her father, who sat in the corner with a smile.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

Emmy nodded.

"Yes, Papa."

Christopher stood and gently kissed her forehead. She smiled and took his arm, while he chuckled and led his girl out.

Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Durst.

9/8/2009 #53
Marinus

Mordecai watched from the comfortable pew, his eyes sparkling. Weddings always made him emotional, especially when the imperious wedding march struck up on the organ. A broad smile covered his face, made it come alive, as he watched the blushing bride proceed up the central passageway of the chapel, to where the groom waited in finery, with the clergyman.

9/8/2009 #54
Little Miss Priss

Daniel watched as Emmy walked toward him trying not to faint. Taking her hand when her father offered it Daniel smiled and hoped that it showed as one of confidence than the fear he was feeling.

((Should we skip ahead?))

9/8/2009 #55
Marinus

((To the after-wedding congrats? All it really needs is a few I-do's and some music anyway :p))

9/8/2009 #56
Tatianolishka

((I'll do the I-dos))

The minister glanced towards the groom.

"Do you, Daniel Durst, take Miss Emily to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?"

9/8/2009 #57
Little Miss Priss

"I do" he replied nervously.

9/8/2009 #58
Tatianolishka

Emily smiled and gently squeezed his hand, attempting to reassure him.

"Do you, Emily Brighton, take Mr. Durst to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?"

"I do." she replied with confidence.

((the rest I shall leave to you, Steph, seeing as you have more experience with weddings. XD))

9/8/2009 #59
misschosaku

Cecy and Izzy sat in the pews, watching the ceremony with delight. Both were glad that sweet natured Emmy was finally having her wedding.

The Listers came to the wedding as well, for Caro insisted that they attend and meet other people.

9/8/2009 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Tatianolishka DaCivilWarBear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member