Regency RPG
Does Jane Austen mean more to you than just an author? Does the mention of "Pride and Predjudice", "Persuasion" or "Sense and Sensibility" make you think of beautiful dresses and handsome men? Here, you can RP your own regency characters. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
DaCivilWarBear

The home of Mr. Hugh Edmund.

Carnwath Hall is a lovely, modest yellow house, with white shutters and a well-kept lawn. In the back, gardens spread out over 13 acres of land. Mr. Edmund employs a housekeeper, Mrs. Brinton, as well as 10 maids, 2 parlor maids, 9 manservants, 4 groundskeepers, 3 grooms, 2 kennelists, a cook, and a butler, Mr. Hamilton.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/civilwarchick/Houses/Carnwath.jpg

10/2/2008 #1
DaCivilWarBear

Mr. Edmund sat quietly in an armchair by the fire, simply watching as his old biddy of a housewife, Mrs. Brinton, scurried about squawking like a hen as she sent the maids and manservants scurrying about on errands. She hadn't been too chuffed with him when he announced he would be hosting a small dance for the neighboring families, only two weeks before the planned date. He'd been obliged to hire several cook's assistants to get back into her good graces.

As for her thin voice and jiggling, wrinkled cheeks, he knew they were just hiding an extremely efficient and economical spirit. Mrs. Brinton could do anything, which he well knew.

"Mrs. Brinton, the guests aren't expected for nearly four hours," he called out to her as she scurried past.

"And there is dust on the threshold - MARY! Mary, you silly thing, scrub those tiles! Oh, we shall come to ruin, and all for a country dance..."

Mr. Edmund couldn't hide a smile.

10/4/2008 #2
Tatianolishka

A hired carriage drove the two Brighton girls and their parents down the promenade, and turned into the drive. Usually they weren't ones to arrive early, in fact they usually arrived quite late. But Johanna had been persistent, wanting to be there on time for once.

"Do you think Mr. Edmund will be handsome?" Jo asked nervously.

Pa chuckled, and Emmy smiled.

"I suppose it would depend on your perception of handsomeness." Emily replied.

10/4/2008 #3
DaCivilWarBear

Two footmen awaited the carriage as it pulled up. One of them opened the door for the ladies, while the other gave the driver directions as to where to wait.

Hamilton, the butler, greeted the family at the door. "Welcome to Carnwath Hall," he said gravely, bowing them in. "Mr. Edmund is in with guests."

He led them to the fine parlor, where everyone was gathering for light spirits before the evening meal.

10/4/2008 #4
Tatianolishka

Johanna smiled and went to the ground with a smile, while Emily glanced around nervously. She hadn't been here before, and it all seemed so strange. Father led the way, with his Tatiana at his side. She smiled with delight at the parlor.

"How divine!" she declared in a whisper to her husband.

Christ chuckled.

"Now now, Tanya." he teased. "Your own parlor is just as fine."

10/4/2008 #5
DaCivilWarBear

Mr. Edmund, noticing the entrance of the newcomers, excused himself from conversation with an old friend, and bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Brighton. "Good evening, Mr. Brighton. I trust you found your way easily?"

He had met the father at a similar gathering a month or so ago.

10/4/2008 . Edited 10/4/2008 #6
Tatianolishka

Chris smiled.

"Evening Mr. Edmund." he greeted. "Yes, lovely place you have. Allow me to introduce my wife, Tatiana..."

Mrs. Brighton curtseyed gracefully.

"And my daughters, Miss Emily and Miss Johanna."

Jo and Emmy both curtseyed, but Jo with far more grace than Emmy was capable of.

10/4/2008 #7
DaCivilWarBear

Mr. Edmund bowed and kissed Mrs. Brighton's hand. "Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." He bowed to the two younger girls. "The Misses Brighton are as lovely as I have been told."

10/4/2008 #8
Tatianolishka

Johanna blushed flirtatiously, and Emmy just smiled politely.

"Thank you, Mr. Brighton." the oldest said. "It's a pleasure to meet your aquaintance."

10/4/2008 #9
DaCivilWarBear

"The pleasure is all mine, I am sure," Mr. Edmund said. "I hope my little gathering will not disappoint. If you will excuse me..."

He went to tend to his other guests, passing a large mirror on his wall as he went, starting a bit as he realized how forbidding he had looked. Cripes.

10/4/2008 #10
Draseria

Two carriages stopped in front of Carnwath Hall. Susan Lewis and her mother and her sister exited the first carriage as her brothers and her father exited the second carriage. The carriages pulled away as the Lewis family approached the manor. Susan smiled happily as she eagerly stepped ahead of her family.

"Susan, come back here!" her mother commanded. Susan dropped back next to her mother.

"I'm just excited, Mother! I can't help it!" Susan said.

10/4/2008 . Edited 10/4/2008 #11
Tatianolishka

Johanna watched him leave with a dreamy sigh.

"Hush Jo." Emmy teased. "Let's just sit aside for now."

While Chris and Tanya walked off, Emmy and Jo sat on a bench and observed the party.

10/4/2008 #12
DaCivilWarBear

Hamilton greeted the Lewises and brought them to the parlor, introducing them in dull tones.

Mr. Edmund, not finding any erudite conversation to hold his interest, approached them. He rather recognized the matron. "Welcome to Carnwath Hall," he said, bowing to Mr. Lewis.

10/4/2008 . Edited 10/4/2008 #13
DaCivilWarBear

((I'm an idiot. *headdesk*))

10/4/2008 #14
Draseria

"Thank you, Mr. Edmund," Mr. Lewis said. He turned to Susan and muttered," Remember your manners tonight! I don't want any funny business!"

10/4/2008 #15
DaCivilWarBear

Mr. Edmund waited to be introduced to the women in Mr. Lewis' party, and took the liberty of inspecting the younger girl. She was rather pretty, though not so much as he had been led to believe.

10/4/2008 #16
Draseria

"These are my two daughters, Susan and Anna." Susan and Anna stepped foward, both smiling sweetly.

10/4/2008 #17
DaCivilWarBear

Mr. Edmund bowed politely and kissed the hands of both girls. "Your daughters would brighten a June morning, Mr. Lewis," he said.

10/4/2008 #18
Tatianolishka

Jo glanced at Emmy.

"Shall we trapse around?" she asked with a grin.

"Jo!" Emily laughed, then put on a male air. "I would love to, my lady."

Giggling like school girls, Jo took Emmy's arm and the two talked in deep voices about how the weather was.

(Block party, 1820s style.)

10/4/2008 . Edited 10/4/2008 #19
Lee's ghost re-born

Liam Gardner waited on the front step, after knocking. He didn’t understand why he had been invited. He was not one of them.

10/4/2008 #20
Draseria

"Thank you, Mr. Edmund. Go on girls. Have fun," Mr. Lewis dismissed his two daughters. "These are my sons, Aiden, William, Ramsay, and Terrence." The young men stepped forward and bowed politely. Susan Turned away from the group to look around her new surroundings.

10/4/2008 #21
Tatianolishka

"Aren't the sheep faring well, Miss Brighton?" Emmy said in her deep voice.

"Yes, quite well, Miss Brighton." Jo replied with a laugh. "I do believe they will need to be shorn before next spring already, their wool has grown so thick."

10/4/2008 #22
Tatianolishka

(Or just make him walk in. RAAAAACH!!!)

A maid left a side door open by accident.

(There. Happy?)

10/4/2008 #23
Lee's ghost re-born

He walked in and glanced around.

10/4/2008 #24
Tatianolishka

Emmy grinned and looked over at Jo.

"Shall we sit down, Miss Brighton?"

"Indeed we should."

The pair laughed and sat on a bench. Jo caught sight of stranger in the door and smiled.

10/4/2008 #25
DaCivilWarBear

((Heheh...sorry I disappeared...went to wash my dress and ended up talking to my mom.))

Mr. Edmund bowed to the Lewis sons. "Pleasure to meet you, Misters Lewis."

He noticed the scraggly looking young man in the doorway, and immediately assumed it was the new groom he'd hired. Motioning to Hamilton, he murmured, "Show the boy to the stables, won't you? And quickly. He is distressing my guests."

The butler nodded and went to the boy, taking him by the elbow and steering him out of the room. "Get ye gone, lad," he said once out of earshot. "One thing you will learn as a groom here in Carnwarth Hall is never to enter the main house. Now, to the stables with you."

10/4/2008 #26
Lee's ghost re-born

He brandished his invitation. “I was called to be here, sir,” he said. “But by whom I do not know.”

10/4/2008 #27
DaCivilWarBear

Hamilton took the invitation in his white-gloved hands. "Are you Mr. Liam Gardner, then?" he asked, suspiciously. "Of the regiment?"

10/4/2008 #28
Lee's ghost re-born

"Indeed sir."

10/4/2008 #29
DaCivilWarBear

Hamilton eyed the young man. "Well, all right," he conceded. "But be sure to introduce yourself to your kind host. And enter through the front door, next time."

10/4/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Tatianolishka DaCivilWarBear
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member