WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

6/29/2009 #1
lilkorea

Rose entered the floral shop that was also her home that she shared with her mother. The tiny bell at the top of the door jingled, alerting her arrival. "I'm back, momma." Rose called, going to the back where her mother was tying a yellow ribbon around a vase of roses.

6/29/2009 #2
Star the Foxhound

John came in about ten minutes later, the walk having made thinking a little bit easier. He looked around when he stepped inside the shop, not sure exactly what to do.

6/29/2009 #3
lilkorea

"Welcome!" Rose called from the back, coming out with a wreath that was traditionally set for funerals. "Oh! John, I didn't expect to see you so soon." she said, setting down the wreath behind the front counter. She smiled at him but the smile quickly faded once she took in his distraught expression. "What's wrong?"

6/29/2009 #4
Star the Foxhound

"Everything." John sighed and shook his head slightly, running a hand through his light brown hair. He wasn't sure whether he should explain to her or not.

6/29/2009 #5
lilkorea

"Is it a customer, Rose?" came a woman's voice from the back as a middle-aged woman with brown graying hair came out to the front of the shop. Rose resembled the woman greatly. "Oh my, what a handsome customer we have today."

"Momma, this is the soldier I told you about who treated me to a cafe." Rose said, "This is my mother, Betty."

6/29/2009 #6
Star the Foxhound

John held out a hand politely. "It's nice to meet you ma'am"

6/29/2009 #7
lilkorea

Betty took his hand in greeting, "It's lovely to meet you, too. Rose has told me that you were very kind to her. Thank you."

6/29/2009 #8
Star the Foxhound

"It was my pleasure to be nice to her," John replied, "I try to be nice to everyone."

He managed a small smile but it faded quickly. He wasn't in the good mood he'd been in a few minutes ago.

6/29/2009 #9
lilkorea

"Well, I have a few clients to call to pick up their orders. Rose, invite him upstairs for lemonade. I'll watch the shop, so don't worry." Betty said, before returning back to her work.

Rose blushed lightly as she sheepishly looked up at John, "Would you care for a glass of lemonade?"

6/29/2009 #10
Star the Foxhound

"That sounds great Rose," John replied with a small nod.

6/29/2009 #11
lilkorea

She lead him to a door just off to the side of the shop that had a staircase leading up to the house. They entered the entry way that lead into the laundry room before going out into the small cramped hallway. Taking a left, they were in the living room that had been well furnished with many floral patterns, and then into the kitchen where she showed him to a small table with three chairs.

"Have a seat and I'll get you a glass of lemonade."

6/29/2009 #12
Star the Foxhound

John took a seat. "Thank you."

When she left he took a deep breath and buried his head in his hands, still feeling overwhelmed at the recent news.

6/29/2009 #13
lilkorea

When Rose returned only moments later, setting the glass of cold lemonade down in front of him, she put a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it, John?"

6/29/2009 #14
Star the Foxhound

At her touch, he looked up sharply and stared at her for a moment. "I don't what you'd think of me if I told you."

6/29/2009 #15
lilkorea

She sat in the seat closest to him, folding her hands neatly in her lap. "Well, I doubt my opinion matters considering we are merely acquaintances at the moment. Please, tell me what is bothering you, I promise I won't think poorly of you."

6/29/2009 #16
Star the Foxhound

"You know Anne, the woman who came into to talk to me," John said after a moment, "We've known each other since almost the beginning of the war and become close friends. After a time we realized that our friendship was more then that, we fell in love with each other. What she was telling me today is..."

He took a deep breath, not wanting to say it.

6/29/2009 #17
lilkorea

Rose looked at him thoughtfully, "Is what?"

6/29/2009 #18
Star the Foxhound

"She's... pregnant," John said softly, looking away. Surely she would think poorly of him, having gotten a woman pregnant before they'd even thought about getting married.

6/29/2009 #19
lilkorea

"Was it out of infidelity or is the baby yours?"

6/29/2009 #20
Star the Foxhound

John sighed. "The baby's certainly mine."

6/29/2009 #21
lilkorea

"Oh, well then congratulations. I hope you have a healthy baby." she said, smiling in earnest.

(she doesn't know that he's not married or anything so I'm gonna make her obliviously innocent)

6/29/2009 #22
Star the Foxhound

"You don't understand," John said stiffly, still not meeting her eyes.

((Alright, that's fine. After all, she hardly knows him.))

6/29/2009 #23
lilkorea

^_^

"Well, of course not, I don't know you." she said in a gentle tone.

6/29/2009 #24
Star the Foxhound

John actually looked up at her, he was ashamed to but he figured she needed to know the truth, even if she would think poorly of him. "We aren't even married Rose..."

6/29/2009 #25
lilkorea

"So? My birth was illegitimate as well."

6/29/2009 #26
Star the Foxhound

"You don't think it's a bad thing?" John asked, surprised.

6/29/2009 #27
lilkorea

"Should I? If you love her, then there is nothing to worry about. True we are at war with Germany, but that doesn't mean we can't find the time to have a family, be it legitimate or not."

6/29/2009 #28
Star the Foxhound

A small smile crossed John's face. "I'm glad you think so."

6/29/2009 #29
lilkorea

"By the way, why are you here and not with Anne?"

6/29/2009 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member