WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
R.M.Whitaker

With a crew of 727, this US Navy Cruiser has four 7.5 in guns, six 6 in guns, two 2 pounder guns, twenty-two 3 pounder guns and two maxims plus two 18-inch submerged torpedo tubes. It barely bobs as it cuts its way through the Atlantic Ocean and the Marines it carries play cards and listen to music and lounge about the deck when no threat of danger is apparent.

10/27/2008 #1
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian strolled along the deck of the USS St. Lucien with a book in her hand, looking for a place to read. She passed several groups of laughing men playing cards and taking up all of the space. A small line of annoyance formed between her eyebrows when one of the men whistled at her, but she ignored him and kept going. Finally, she found an unoccupied corner of the ship, sat down in one of the deck chairs, and submerged herself in the pages of her book.

10/27/2008 #2
Star the Foxhound

John Jeffery who had volunteered to fight for the Allies and who had signed up to work on the boat saw her and walked up to her. Placeing and hand on her shoulder he said, "Is that a good book you are reading there miss?"

10/27/2008 #3
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian looked up in surprise- and mild annoyance- when she felt someone lay a hand on her shoulder and she flinched away from the contact as she looked up at the offending intruder. His face was very average- if not very high up- and she found his flirtatious smile rather ridiculous. "Yes, it is," she replied dryly before turning back to her book and shifting ever so slightly so that she was facing away from the man.

10/27/2008 #4
Star the Foxhound

John leaned over her shoulder even though he guessed she wasn't interested in him.  "What is it about miss," he said, "If I've read it maybe we could relax and spend some time chatting about it."

10/28/2008 #5
R.M.Whitaker

Without a single glance up at the man, Vivian continued reading and raised an eyebrow in an amused smirk at the thought of this man reading a book about the superiority of women over men. "It's called 'Woman of the Nineteenth Century,'" she said in an annoyed monotone, "by Margaret Fuller." She continued to ignore him.

10/28/2008 #6
Star the Foxhound

"It's a great book" John said pretending to have read it, "I found it very interesting."

He took her hand is his and shook it smiling at her. "My name is John Jeffery miss," he said, "What is yours?"

10/29/2008 #7
R.M.Whitaker

Casting a surprised, 'How-Dare-You' look into the face of John Jeffery for invading her personal space, Vivian pulled her hand away. "Charmed," she said dryly as she got to her feet and, closing her book with an irritated snap, walked away from the man to find a new place in which to read. She would have preferred to read on deck, where she could see the ocean and breath the fresh air, but she wouldn't mind reading in her sleeping quarters if she had to.

10/29/2008 #8
Star the Foxhound

John Jeffery grapped her shoulder and pulled her around to face him. "Did I metion how pretty you look miss?" he said smiling.

10/29/2008 #9
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian audibly gasped at the sudden contact as she swung around and glared furiosly at John Jeffery. "Why of all the presumptuous, pompous, low-life, arrogant-!" She jerked away from him. "Honestly, the narrowness of the male psyche never ceases to astonish me!" Brushing back a stray curl that had fallen out of place when John had pulled her around, Vivian hissed once in annoyance before turning back and quickening her pace as she tried to get away from this stranger.

10/29/2008 #10
Star the Foxhound

John quickened his steps and grapped her around the shoulders pulling her into a tight hug. "I a not arrogant," he said softly in her ear, "I am just trying to start a conversion with you beautiful."

He breathed gently on her hair, "And did I tell you that my favorite character in that book you are reading is Larry Fox."

10/29/2008 #11
R.M.Whitaker

Calling up her memory of the personal defense lessons her mother had payed for her to tutor in, Vivian slammed the high heal of her shoe into Mr. Jeffery's instep and shot her elbow back into his stomach before whirling away from him several steps and brandishing her book like a weapon. "If you touch me again," she warned, panting through the adrenaline rush, "I'll report you! It's clear to me that you haven't read the works of Margaret Fuller and I don't take kindly to liars and rapists. Now leave me alone!"

10/29/2008 #12
Star the Foxhound

John leaped onto Vivian still gasping from the pain in is stomach where she had hit him. "I'm not a r***," he said loudly, "And I HAVE so read that book." He snatched it from her and flipped it open catching notice of one of the names in the book with a smile. "It's just been so long that I can not remember very much of it my little princess."

10/29/2008 #13
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian was genuinely frightened. "For your information, the book is an essay and there are no characters in it!" She was backing away from him, planning a way of escape, deciding that the book wasn't important enough to risk her safety for. "And if you had read it, you wouldn't dare treat me the way you just have. I swear, if you follow me I will scream. Good day!" She turned and ran, never stopping until she was behind the safety of her locked bedroom door.

10/29/2008 #14
Star the Foxhound

Still standing on the deck John tossed the book from one hand to another then took off back to his room where he tossed it on the bed hoping that maybe the pretty girl would come back and get it. Then he headed back out on deck to flirt with some other girls. He figured that after she calmed down that Vivian would warm up to him.

10/29/2008 #15
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian paced in her room furiously, running a hand over her hair as she wondered what to do. She had to tell someone about this Mr. Jeffery before he hurt one of the other nurses. She sat down to write a letter to her mother about it. Midway through the letter, the urgency to do something tugged her out of her seat and she hurried on deck in search of the captain, squeezing past other nurses and soldiers and ignoring the whistles and catcalls she received.

10/30/2008 #16
Star the Foxhound

In surprise John noticed that Vivian had returned ot the deck. He stepped in front of her hands on his hips. "I'm sorry for everything I said," he said softly, "If you want your book back I can get it from my room."

10/30/2008 #17
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian stepped away from him defensively, pointing a finger at him as if it could somehow protect her should he decide to make any more sudden moves. "I'm warning you, sir: leave-me-alone! Can I be any more plain than I have been in communicating that I don't like you, I don't trust you, and I don't want to see you again?" Out of the corner of her eye, she noted that a group of men had stopped playing cards to watch this scene. If Jeffery touched her again, surely one of them would be smart enough to do something about it. Even if men weren't initially as intelligent as women, there were still those who'd been trained to operate as gentlemen.

10/30/2008 #18
Star the Foxhound

John smiled brightly. "I don't want to hurt you miss, who would want to hurt someone as pretty as you are?" HE stuck his hands in his pocket and leaned against the railing, his back to the water. "You see, " he said, "I can't hurt you with my hands in my pockets. Just come to my cabin and get your book. I don't want it."

10/30/2008 #19
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian slowly shifted around him, now that he was no longer blocking her way, and shook her head with a forced, cold chuckle. "Oh-ho no! Do you think I'm a child that I'd fall for such an old trick? Go to your cabin, indeed! I have better books than that one, and I'll take care to read them behind the privacy of my own locked door from now on, thank you very much."

"Hey, Miss," one of the Marines who'd been playing cards stood and removed a cigar from his mouth as he approached, "is this guy botherin' you?"

"Yes," Vivian replied gratefully, "he is."

10/30/2008 #20
Star the Foxhound

"I'm just offering to return your book," John said, "I am not touching you."

10/30/2008 #21
R.M.Whitaker

"I don't want the book," Vivian said. "Keep it for all I care! It may do you some good to actually read it."

The Marine who'd come over now stood, looking from one to the other with a calculating glint in his brown eyes. He folded his arms as he waited for Jefferey's reply.

10/30/2008 #22
Star the Foxhound

"I don't think I really want to read that," John said grinning at Vivian and pulling another book out of a bag across his back, "How about you try this one, it's really good"

10/30/2008 #23
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian smirked, looking at the book with distaste. "No, thank you." She wasn't about to stoop to his level and read the nonsense he filled his head with.

10/30/2008 #24
Star the Foxhound

John put the book away. "Suit yourself miss," he said, "I just want to make up for what I did to you earlier today."

He pulled out a handful of bills. "Do you want money?"

10/30/2008 #25
R.M.Whitaker

"No, I don't want your money!" Vivian frowned in disgust. Mother was right, men's mind seemed to run on three tracts: Food, sex, and money. "I just want you to leave me alone. That's all."

Richard, the Marine who stood close by, looked at Jeffery as if to say, You've heard the lady, now do as she asks.

10/30/2008 #26
Star the Foxhound

John Jeffery started at her his heart beating. Then he grapped her and pulled her close placing a firm kiss on her cheek. "But I love you miss beautiful," he said, "And in the end you are going to love me."

10/30/2008 #27
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian gave a small cry of surprise at his sudden move and Richard reacted quickly. He pulled Jeffery away with a strong grip, several of the other men standing to offer their assistance should Jeffery put up a fight. Freed, Vivian stumbled back several steps, out of reach of her attacker, glaring in hatred and terror.

"I think you'd better leave this lady alone, soldier," Richard warned.

10/30/2008 #28
Star the Foxhound

"My name's John," he said turning to leave, "And I don't think you have the right to tell me what to do around here. We are equals after all."

A sly smile crossed his face. "You are beautiful," he said to Vivian stuffing a few dollars into her pocket as he walked up her on his way back to his cabin.

10/30/2008 #29
R.M.Whitaker

((Are you meaning to make John treat her like a prostitute?))

Vivian quickly pulled the money from her pocket with two fingers and threw it to the ground as if it carried a disease and then backed away from it in disgust.

Richard glared after John before looking at her. "Are you alright, Miss?" he asked.

A little shaken, Vivian managed a nod, but she was worried. How was she going to avoid him? The ship was only so big. "I have to get out of here," she said. "I'm requesting a new location as soon as possible."

"Don't worry," Richard said, "I'll talk to someone about him. Do you know his last name?"

"Jeffery."

10/30/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member