WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

"I signed up as a nurse on the ship," she replied chin held high, "Ever since my two brothers left for war I have been worrying about them so I came here so that I can be by there side. Maybe you know them?? Their name's are John and Tom."

1/23/2009 #991
R.M.Whitaker

Suddenly feeling as though he was choking on his own tongue, Richard caughed into his fist a few times, half-laughing. "Then you really are related to the Jeffery brothers?"

1/23/2009 #992
Star the Foxhound

"Why of course I am," Abigail replied, "You may not reganize me when you look at Tom and I side by side but surely you can see how much I look like John. We have the same eye color, the same hair color, we're both tall."

She smiled at him. "I take it that you know my brother's then, seeing as you seem really surprise that we are related."

1/23/2009 #993
R.M.Whitaker

Did she think that she looked like John Jeffery?! So her coloring might be the same, and when he really thought about it Richard could see the family resemblence but.... Richard couldn't help laughing a little just at the ridiculousness of it! "Yes, but you..." he caughed again to disguise a laugh and then cleared his throat, trying to be serious. "I didn't think it was possible for John Jeffery to have such a lovely sister, if you'll excuse my boldness." He nodded his head to her respectfully, his eyes still shining with amusement.

1/23/2009 #994
Star the Foxhound

Abigail blinked then laughed. "Oh sure, that's fine."

She laughed again, "You really think I'm lovely, why thank you very much. By the way, do you know what happened to my brother's shoulder, he didn't seem very willing to talk about it, just said he had things to do."

1/23/2009 #995
R.M.Whitaker

Richard slipped his hands liesurely into his pockets and looked up at the ship briefly. "Ah..." Jeffery's shoulder... Jeffery's shoulder.... He finally shook his head. "Sorry, I don't know what might be ailing him. He seemed alright earlier when I was playing car- I mean... when I was talking to him." It wouldn't have been very gentlemanly to speak of card-playing to a lady. Richard heard Ethan snicker at his high-class habits but ignored him.

1/23/2009 #996
Star the Foxhound

"Oh," Abigail said, "Well when I saw him just now he had a sling on his right arm and his shoulder was all wrapped up. But anyway, you were talking to him. Are you friends then?"

1/23/2009 #997
R.M.Whitaker

Yes, she certainly must be a Jeffery- talkative, jumping to friendly conclusions wherever possible.... "Friends..." Richard tested the word with one a eye squinted and then chuckled. "We've met on a few occasions, nothing more. I'd hardly call us aquaintances." Cold, perhaps, but the truth nonetheless.

1/23/2009 #998
Star the Foxhound

"Oh I see," Abigail said quickly, "That's alright, when you get to know him more I'm sure that John will be a very close friend of yours. He is really a friendly guy, except when he's around woman. He's already made a few mistakes in that matter, I think I'm the only girl that can stand him. Tom though is sometimes even harder to get along with. He's stubborn and when he doesn't get his way he sometimes likes to take the violent way out. Hasn't done any harm yet though, my father has always managed to cool him down."

She grinned like she always did when she was talking. "Well anyway, they are my brother's and I love them both dearly, John likes to talk like I do, my parents don't like to be in the same room with the two of us because they can never get a word in. I however think that talkings good for you, when your mad it helps you get your feelings out and it helps you make friends."

1/23/2009 #999
R.M.Whitaker

Richard watched the young lady with amusement. What was her name again? Abigail? My goodness, she could talk! How did she come up with things to say? "Oh yes," he agreed politely, nodding seriously, "talking is very healthy, I'm sure." He had to hold back a chuckle as he waited to see if she had more to say.

1/23/2009 #1,000
Star the Foxhound

"Have you met Thomas yet?" Abigail continued, "He doesn't talk nearly as much as John or I do. He's more of the quiet one but then again sometimes he's not very friendly. He likes to think that he knows a lot about woman but really he doesn't. He's not even like John, John doesn't try to tell everyone that he knows how to treat a woman but Tom brags about. I feel sorry for any young girl that Tom's ever taken a fancey to, he scares them all out of their wits. My father tells all of us that he was the same way, was trying to fall in love with every lady that ever crossed my path. Then he met my mother who actually loved him back and he settled down, raised a family. My father's a fisherman. When we were all young he used to take John and Tom out with him but not me because fishing is a man's job. John tried to be a fisherman but he wasn't very good at it, Tom however is. I think he should have stayed out of the war and stuck to catching fish for my family's dinner. Has Tom ever told you how he loves fishing?"

1/23/2009 #1,001
R.M.Whitaker

It truly was getting very hard not to laugh. Richard couldn't hide his amused grin as she shook his head. "No, he hasn't," he replied.

1/23/2009 #1,002
Star the Foxhound

"Well you didn't answer my first question," Abby said easily, "Have you ever met my other brother?"

This time she waited for an answer instead of going striaght into more converstation. She fiddled with her thumbs, impatient to start talking again.

1/23/2009 #1,003
R.M.Whitaker

"I met him briefly, yes," Richard responded, his eyes taking in the way she fidgetted when she wasn't talking.

1/23/2009 #1,004
Star the Foxhound

"Oh well then surely he told you all about his fishing career. Tom is quite a bragger, he'll go on and on making up stories about things that have never really happened. I used to love it when I was a kid but now I think it gets him in trouble. My mother is worried how none of her children took to her quiet, gentle behavior, we all take after our father, the talker and the woman man who never really impressed anyone. But here I am going on and on about everyone but me. I'll tell you a little about myself now shall I?"

She paused for a second then hurried on, not giving the other man a chance to answer. "I'm actually only 18, five years younger then John, three years younger then Tom. So I'm the baby of the family and my parents have always treated me as such. My mom is very protective of me and she didn't want me to come her but I told her it is my duty. John can take care of himself but Tom has never really learned how. He needs someone to point him in the right direction once and while."

1/23/2009 #1,005
R.M.Whitaker

Richard watched the way Abigail's eyelashes fanned over her cheek with every blink, and the way her big, hazel eyes expressed all the emotions of her hastilly-told stories so well. If he was being honest with himself, Richard would have to admit that he missed half of what she said just because he was so caught up in watching her hair stir in the breeze and listening to the gentle influctuations of her voice. How long could she go on speaking before she passed out, he wondered? He noticed her pause in her narrative, perhaps waiting for him to say something, so he said, "I see," and persed his lips to keep his grin from broadening.

1/23/2009 #1,006
Star the Foxhound

"I do hope that Tom hasn't gotten himself into trouble when there isn't one of his family sitting on his every move," Abby said a thoughtful hint to her clear, strong voice, "John never really pays much attention to his younger brother, the two don't get along very well. When we were all children I was always breaking up disagreements between them. John would say that Tom stole his stuffed dragon which it always turned out he had. Tom actually tossed John's beloved stuffed dragon into the river once, John was heartbroker. He moped around for weeks. Let's see the dragon's name was fireball, yes that was it."

She felt almost as if she were just talking for fun now, saying whatever popped into her head first. "My father always caught Tom picking on John who is always in his own little world. He use to be a dreamer but then when he was a teenager he started going after woman. It was then that Tom decided he had better have a little fun too. They were both in high school by this point, it's when Tom tried to r*** his first woman."

1/23/2009 #1,007
R.M.Whitaker

Richard allowed himself a small chuckle when Abigail started rambling on about a stuffed dragon, but at her last words he caughed. "Excuse me?" he asked.

1/23/2009 #1,008
Star the Foxhound

"Oh yes, it's Tom's little habit but my father is trying to make him give it up. It gives me the shivers to think about my brother doing that to a person but he has never actually done it, someone has always stopped him before now. Once it was even John, later he said it was his payback for what he did to Fireball. My father used to say that John would still be sleeping with the toy when he fifty. But anyway, you asked seem shocked by Tom's actions. I guess that would mean that he has been good even though he's stuck in the ship with his most hated relative."

1/23/2009 #1,009
R.M.Whitaker

She spoke of it all so casually! "His 'little habit'?" he asked incredulously. Why hadn't the man gone to prison before now?! Could this girl just be making things up in her rambling, not realising what she was saying?

1/23/2009 #1,010
Star the Foxhound

"Well yes, but we've always stopped him before and we will stop him again whenever he tries to do it. It's one of the reasons why I came here. I need to keep an eye on the lad. Have you noticed him trying anything? You did say that you met him."

1/23/2009 #1,011
Tatianolishka

Albert backed off a little bit, gun at the ready. He tried to avoid eavesdropping on John and Anne's conversation, focusing on protecting them before Thomas came back.

Lewis is prob'ly gettin' into more trouble.

1/23/2009 #1,012
R.M.Whitaker

"I met him only briefly," Richard said, all amusement suddenly gone as the Marine wheels in his head began turning. "He didn't seem like much of a threat, but if he really is as dangerous as you say, I wonder why he hasn't been arrested before now."

1/24/2009 #1,013
Star the Foxhound

"Oh well like I've side many times before our family has always been around to keep an eye on him. There's no need for him to be arrested because I'll stop him before he makes any really dumb decisions," Abigail said, "My father always did tell us that he would turn into a troublemaker when we were younger but of course John and I never believed him. I mean who ever excepts their family to turn into a violent young man who doesn't care what happens to anybody."

-----

On the deck John was staring at Anne completely in shock so she just continued. "Oh please John, don't stare at me like that. Is is a crime to have a crush on someone. Oh please just kiss me, please John."

Taking a deep breath John walked up to Anne and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's alright," he said, "You don't have to be scared to tell me your feelings."

He kissed her briefly on the cheek before telling her to get some rest, it was starting to get late and he wanted to have a chance to find Tom before it got dark completely. Turning back to Albert he smiled before continueing. "Well if you want to arrest him we should at least figure out where he's hiding."

1/24/2009 #1,014
Tatianolishka

Albert nodded and looked around the ship.

"So," he said. "Where do ya think he is?"

1/24/2009 #1,015
Star the Foxhound

"Well.." John began, "My guess would be down near the enginnes. He's already in trouble for trying to kill me by the captain so he can't just walk around the ship without getting caught. However, no one ever goes near the enginnes unless they have to."

1/24/2009 #1,016
Tatianolishka

He nodded and put the gun back in it's holster.

"Mind showin' me?"

1/24/2009 #1,017
Star the Foxhound

John pulled his gun out of his pocket with his good hand wondering how much good it would do him to try and fight with his left hand when he was right handed. However he pushed the thought from him mind and began leading Albert down to the lower part of the ship.

1/24/2009 #1,018
Tatianolishka

He glanced around as he walked, hoping to keep Thomas off his back and wondering if he'd consider a transfer to the ship.

Nope. When this was over he was going right back to the camp. At least one crazy wasn't so crazy anymore there.

1/24/2009 #1,019
Star the Foxhound

John crept into the enginne room and soon heard a gunshot over his head, hitting the wall behind him. From the shadows crept Thomas Jeffery, with a gun in his hand, glaring at John with all the hatred in the world. "Well big brother," he hissed, "Ready for the next round?"

He wacked John's bad shoulder with his fist making the other man give a small yulp of pain. Within a second his brother was on his beating him with his fists.

1/24/2009 #1,020
« Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member