WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
R.M.Whitaker

"You're late," Vivian said, eying the table and food distrustfully.

11/10/2008 #91
J.A. Fletcher

"Don't worry, it's not poisoned." Nate said. "I just wanted to get to know you better, or at least find out why you're acting the way you are." He pulled out her seat and motioned for Vivian to sit.

11/11/2008 #92
R.M.Whitaker

"Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps I'm just a mean person?" She remained standing. Mother had warned her that men did romantic things to get a girl's guard down and she wasn't about to let him think that she was stupid.

11/11/2008 #93
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, I don't believe that you're a bad person." Nate said. "You're just upset. I'm trying to cheer you up. So can you please just come sit?" He grinned.

11/11/2008 #94
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian narrowed her eyes. "I'm annoyed," she said. "Everything in the world has its place and it bothers me when things are out of order. You don't seem to know your place."

11/11/2008 #95
J.A. Fletcher

"I feel that this is my place." Nate said. "So please, just humor me for a few minutes, and I will leave you alone."

Nate sat in his chair and lifted the lid of the platter of food. Two fat, juicy steaks sat, surrounded by delicious potatoes and vegetables.

11/11/2008 #96
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian raised an eyebrow but sat down. "I'm not hungry," she said.

11/11/2008 #97
J.A. Fletcher

"I'm not either." Nate said, and flung the platter overboard. "But I am in the mood for a good wine." He said. He popped the cork of the wine bottle on the table.

"I found this in an abandoned estate near the harbor. The little bottle was under a pile of rubble. Don't know the name, but it's twenty-year old white wine."

He poured himself a glass and Vivian one. He put it in fron of her.

11/11/2008 #98
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian's eyes widened in disbelief as she watched Nathan throw the platter of food overboard. She opened and closed her mouth wordlessly for several moments, not hearing anything that he said as he continued talking and poured her some wine. "I-I don't drink," she finally managed to stammer.

11/11/2008 #99
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, really?" Nate said. He took a sip and put his glass on the table. "Alright, then. So tell me. Are you acting this way because of something I've done?"

11/11/2008 #100
R.M.Whitaker

"Acting what way?" Vivien held her head up in a superior way.

11/11/2008 #101
J.A. Fletcher

"Well, I mean, you've been acting very standoffish to me." Nate said. "I just wanted to know why."

11/12/2008 #102
R.M.Whitaker

"You think I treat you any differently than I treat anyone else?" Vivian rolled her eyes and chuckled dryly. "Don't flatter yourself. I live by the rule that 'all men are created equal' and I treat them as such."

11/12/2008 #103
J.A. Fletcher

"So you don't think that women should have the same rights of men?" Nate said, one eyebrow heavily arched. "Well, miss Vivian, let me tell you something. My grandmother was killed in the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, and that's all because some damned politicians didn't think that it was neccessary for them to make an female immigrant factory disaster safe. So if you think that I'm one of those damned imbeciles who don't care about the rights of women, you're one mistaken woman."

11/12/2008 #104
R.M.Whitaker

"Oh no, it's nothing so physical," Vivian assured, annoyed that he would have the nerve to call her by her first name. "I prefer to think of it as a spiritual hierarchy. One that many fail to understand."

11/12/2008 #105
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, I think I understand." Nate said.

11/12/2008 #106
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian looked at him skeptically. "Amaze me," she invited dryly.

11/12/2008 #107
J.A. Fletcher

"I don't know if you will be amazed, but indeed, I can sum it up for you." Nate said. "You see, you were taught not to trust men for the simple reason that most of us are just out to get women in the bed. You trust no man, however well he might try to treat you. So, that Jeffries fellow further confirmed your theory of men, and you have become even colder toward us because of it." Nate said. He took another sip of wine. "But what you must understand is, you cannot go around in life not trusting anyone. Some of us men are good, believe it or not."

11/12/2008 #108
R.M.Whitaker

"Your guess isn't too far off," Vivian admitted in mild amusement. "But, as I said, it's nothing so physical. It's a spiritual hierarchy. I'm sure that there are men in the world who are very trustworthy, but that doesn't make them any less male then being kind makes a peasant any less of a peasant. Women are divinely superior to men, whether the world acknowledges it or not."

11/12/2008 #109
J.A. Fletcher

"I'm sorry," Nate said. "but I can't say that I don't agree with you. Women are superior to men. They don't lust as men do. They are smarter than men, and they are very clever."

11/12/2008 #110
R.M.Whitaker

"Then I don't see what the problem is," Vivian said, wondering why Nathan had bothered to drag her here if he already knew that he was a lower life form than she was.

11/12/2008 #111
J.A. Fletcher

"I just wanted to find out more about your whole opinon on men." Nate said. "When Jeffries was bothering you, what was that book that you were reading?"

11/12/2008 #112
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian narrowed her eyes. He'd had the audacity to interrogate her and he wasn't even going to apologize? "You were watching that?" she asked, referring to the incident with the book.

11/12/2008 #113
J.A. Fletcher

"I saw it as I was strolling along the upper deck." Nate said. "It was a sad attempt on Jeffries's part, I assure you. But I am still curious about the title of the book you were reading."

11/12/2008 #114
R.M.Whitaker

Vivian shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wondering how many others had seen that disturbing display. "It was 'Woman of the Nineteenth Century' by Margaret Fuller."

11/12/2008 #115
J.A. Fletcher

"Margaret Fuller." Nate said. "Sad, what happened to her. Anyway, Women in the Nineteenth Century. Fantastic book, though I can't say that I agree with her using ancient philosophers's words to put down man, even if she is doing it secretly. And all of the references to religion and Christianity. I don't think that she should compare saints to men and women."

11/13/2008 #116
R.M.Whitaker

"Then you've read it?" Vivian's eyes widened slightly.

11/13/2008 #117
J.A. Fletcher

"I only skimmed through it." Nate said. "You see, my mother is very interested in women's rights, and in my parents' library, she has a few titles by woman authors. She convinced me, one day, to read it, and I did-mostly. I do say, though, it is interesting and Fuller is an ecellent writer and essayist."

11/13/2008 #118
R.M.Whitaker

"I haven't finished it myself," Vivian said. "So far I don't consider Fuller the best writer I've read, but I think she makes a few interesting points." She clasped her hands together on the table and leaned forward subconciously. "What's your mother's name?"

11/13/2008 #119
J.A. Fletcher

"My mother's name is Anne Marie Taylor." Nate said. "Here's a picture of her." he reached into his pocket, and pulled out his wallet. There was a small, yellowing picture of his mother.

"My father said that she was the most beautiful girl in town." Nate said. "All of the boys were after her, but my father was clever. One day, when my mother and her girlfriends were walking down the street at night, my father pretended to trip over the curb in front of her house. He pretended that he broke his nose." Nate said, laughing. "My mother invited him into her house and put ice on his nose, and he started to court her after that."

11/13/2008 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member