WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Star the Foxhound

"That's a good place too," John said, "I've seen a lot of places since I've never had a girl to worry about. Instead of dating I travel the world and see all sorts of places."

11/16/2008 #151
Kid of Colors

"I haven't seen much," Brady said with a shrug.

(yay oregon :P)

11/16/2008 #152
J.A. Fletcher

"I felt that I should be with a girl before I joined up." Nate said. "That way I'll have experienced some things in case I die-if you know what I mean."

(*Pointing an accusing finger* BLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!)

11/16/2008 #153
R.M.Whitaker

((What you got against Oregon, buster?! *Places hands on hips with the warning look that all potential mothers are capable of*))

11/17/2008 #154
Star the Foxhound

"Well," John said, "If we die that will just be our fate but if I live I at least know what to do around a lady thanks to a few helpful comments made by some of my fellow soldiers. I wouldn't say though that I haven't gotton to experience things however, because I certainly have."

11/17/2008 #155
R.M.Whitaker

Richard Harris gathered up his earnings after winning a game of poker, grinning amidst the good-natured outcries of disappointment from his fellow players.

"Alright Harris, how about another round?" one of the men said, beginning to deal out the cards again.

"No thanks, Tim," Richard said, holding up a hand to decline. "I think I'll head off to bed now."

The disappointed protestations increased in volume, but Richard refused to give in and wished the men a good night before rising and walking at a leisurely pace back to his sleeping quarters. He leaned against the ship railing just outside the door, finishing off his cigarette in the cool night air, and then flicked it away over the ocean before turning and walking through the door.

There was a small group of men already inside, talking about... women, from the sound of it. "Excuse me," he said with a slightly amused smile as he squeezed his way past through the narrow walkway to his bunk.

11/17/2008 #156
Star the Foxhound

"Oh hello there Richard," John said stepping to the side and waiting to see if his companions would do the same, "I didn't know you stayed up this late."

11/17/2008 #157
R.M.Whitaker

Richard recognized Jeffery from earlier and paused long enough to take in the other men that were with him- a skinny, boyish-looking lad and an equally young, blond boy- to know what crowd the trouble-maker chose. Then he started unbuttoning his jacket. "Jeffery," he nodded in greeting before replying nonchalantly, "you're one to talk. Isn't it past your bedtime?" He draped his jacket over his bed and then proceeded to remove his shirt.

11/17/2008 #158
Star the Foxhound

"I don't need a lot a sleep," John said, "I prefer to stay awake and think about things especially after today. Plus I was keeping these two company, we were talking about things we did or would like to do."

11/17/2008 . Edited 11/17/2008 #159
R.M.Whitaker

Richard shrugged. "Don't let me stop you." He sat down on the bed below his and started to remove his boots.

((Maybe we should wait for the others to get on so their characters have a chance to say something))

11/17/2008 #160
Star the Foxhound

(We could wait a few minutes, I'll have to leave to eat dinner soon but I'll have about an hour after that before I have to get off so we could pick up again then, give the others a chance to do something.)

John leaned against the wall, "What did you do before the war started Richard?"

11/17/2008 #161
Kid of Colors

(i may take a while to post...)

Brady tipped his chair back against the wall, his eyes dully wandering the room.

11/17/2008 #162
Star the Foxhound

(Hope not, nothing's happening....post in battlefield! *puppy dog eyes*)

John smiled at Brady. "We talked before for a little while," he said.

11/17/2008 #163
R.M.Whitaker

Richard was about to reply to Jeffery's question when the man started to talking again to the boyish-looking man. He finished undressing carelessly and then hoisted himself up into his bed.

11/17/2008 #164
Kid of Colors

Brady nodded and closed his eyes. This man was so talkative! He wasn't in much a mood to talk anyway.

11/17/2008 #165
J.A. Fletcher

Nate thought that these guys were boring and left the room.

11/17/2008 #166
R.M.Whitaker

Richard fell asleep.

11/17/2008 #167
J.A. Fletcher

((RM!!!!!! Post in off topic, I'm bored))

11/17/2008 #168
J.A. Fletcher

Nate went on deck and went to sleep in a lifeboat. It was quieter than his bunk, at least.

11/17/2008 #169
J.A. Fletcher

((Can it be morning now? Too much stuff happened in one day.))

11/18/2008 #170
R.M.Whitaker

((Yes, it's now morning!))

Richard slept in until well past 9:00 a.m. before dropping from his top bunk and dressing with sleepy yawns and grunts.

11/18/2008 #171
J.A. Fletcher

Nate awoke early and climbed out of the boat.

11/18/2008 #172
Star the Foxhound

John was already on the deck, looking out over the water and thinking his own small thoughts.

11/18/2008 #173
R.M.Whitaker

((Ok, I think it's time for that German sub to attack!))

With his hands in his pockets, Richard strolled out onto the deck and headed to the cafeteria for some breakfast.

11/18/2008 #174
Star the Foxhound

(Good idea!)

John was still looking out to sea when he thought for a second that he saw movement in the water. He spuinted out into the sun but saw no boat. Then the water was dispurbed greatly as a misel left the submarine and almost hit the ship. John saw it pass and whipped around. "Richard did you see that!" he shouted seeing a face he knew.

11/18/2008 #175
R.M.Whitaker

Richard looked up at the sound of his name. His brow furrowed in concern. He hadn't seen anything, but he'd certainly felt something. Just then, from the deck above there came a cry of "All hands on deck! All hands on deck!" Immediately, men began scrambling around and Richard ran to take his position. It had to be a sub- there didn't appear to be any ships in sight!

11/18/2008 #176
Star the Foxhound

John was postioned next to Richard and he carefully took his spot still gazing at the water. "It's a German sub," he said, "I saw the misle almost hit the ship."

11/18/2008 #177
R.M.Whitaker

Richard nodded in reply to Jeffery. He'd figured as much. The USS St. Lucien was beyond capable of outrunning the submarine, and he hoped that that's what it would do. This wasn't a destroyer and it wasn't made to do battle as one. He awaited the captain's command.

11/18/2008 #178
Star the Foxhound

(You'd better make the caption, I don't too much about ships)

John too awaited the captions commands.

11/18/2008 #179
R.M.Whitaker

The speaker overhead buzzed and the fuzzy voice of the captain crackled over their heads. "Guns at the ready! We have a German Submarine about six-hundred feet six digrees West." There was a moment of silence and then the captain's voice came back. "We're going to sink it. Wait for my signal."

"What?!" Richard looked up at the speaker in disbelief. Sure, they could probably take out a sub with their guns, but why waist protective ammunition? This was a job for a torpedo ship! "You've gut to be kidding me," Richard grumbled, but gripped the triggers of his guns obediently just the same.

11/18/2008 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member