WWI RPG
A roleplay for the first World War.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »
Tatianolishka

"Good god, lad!" Albert exclaimed. "Listen to yerself! What would Marianne say if she heard ye talkin' like that? She'd beat a fryin' pan o'er yer head!"

He sighed and grabbed his shoulders.

"Lewis, look at yerself. Ye're more broken than a ship in a hailstorm. Ye did all that for her. Ye'd do anything for her. Do ye think she's happy without ye?"

2/20/2009 #331
Star the Foxhound

Lewis stared at him. "I don't know," he cried, "But if I'm alive she's in danger, her and the baby!"

He pulled away from Albert's grip and sank down on the bed, letting out a small sob. "Just leave me alone," he gasped, "Just let me escape from this nightmare."

2/20/2009 #332
Tatianolishka

Albert looked at him.

"Lad, I'm not lettin' ye off yerself. You can't let go that easy."

2/20/2009 #333
Star the Foxhound

"What does it matter to you?" Lewis asked softly, "It's my own decision and it's for the good of everyone around me! Please Albert, I can't live with myself anymore!"

2/20/2009 #334
Tatianolishka

Albert sat down.

"Lad, I just about did the same thing not three hours ago."

2/20/2009 #335
Star the Foxhound

Lewis looked at him in surprise then shook his head. "I don't believe you, you've always been such a happy person."

2/20/2009 #336
Tatianolishka

He gave a half-smile and handed him a bottle of o*** pills, with over half of it gone.

"Should've known I'd wake up." he laughed. "Gotta take the whole thing for that kinda relief."

2/20/2009 #337
Star the Foxhound

Lewis turned the bottle over in his hand then looked at Albert again. "What happened?" he asked softly.

2/20/2009 #338
Tatianolishka

He looked at him as if he were a father talking to his son.

"When I got off that boat, I saw Ella."

He chuckled.

"She looked beautiful - sad, but pretty. You could see how far along she was from miles away. I got off that ship I ran to her, thinking 'Here I am. I'm finally home.'"

He sighed and scratched his head.

"She got married while I was gone." he said sadly. "Said she couldn't wait around for a soldier, she was too young for that. She married a fisherman, one I used to work with. She said he would take care of the baby like it were his own."

Things began to get painful for poor Albert, and her staggered a breath.

"She kissed me, told me she loved me, and that she would be alright. As if it were a comfort, ye know. I bought the o*** and got right back on that ship. I kept it there for awhile, thinkin' if the pain got too bad I could end it without a second thought. I started thinkin' about the baby and wonderin' if it might be a boy, and how she'd feel if he looked like me. I reached for that bottle and dumped it into my hand, downin' it all with the whiskey. I was ready for the end."

He looked at Lewis.

"I woke up and realized, one day that babe's gonna wonder who her Pa is, and God help me if I'm not there to tell her."

2/20/2009 #339
Star the Foxhound

"I'm sorry Albert," Lewis whispered, "I'm so sorry..."

He looked up at the ceiling of the room and sighed. "Marianne's pregnant, we found out the day after you left..."

2/20/2009 #340
Tatianolishka

He nodded and gave a tiny half-smile.

"Looks like we're in the same boat." he said.

2/20/2009 #341
Star the Foxhound

Lewis nodded, "Exactly the same."

He looked Albert in the eye. "You're right, it isn't worth it. I promise that I'll keep fighting no matter how hard it gets."

2/20/2009 #342
Tatianolishka

He smiled.

"Good on ye, lad."

2/20/2009 #343
Star the Foxhound

Lewis looked at the bottle that was still in his hand and he handed it back to Albert before he got up and looked out the window of his house. He turned back to Albert then and tried to smile, although he couldn't seem to do it. "Well..." he sighed not know what to say.

2/20/2009 #344
Tatianolishka

He looked around the room, considering suggesting selling the house until he caught sight of something on the closet door. Marianne's wedding dress.

2/20/2009 #345
Star the Foxhound

Lewis followed his gaze and he walked towards it, reaching out a hand and running a finger along the material. "Lord," he gasped, "Why? Why this?"

He bent his hand and fell to his knees closing his eyes and wishing that he could go back in time...

2/20/2009 #346
Tatianolishka

Albert sighed and got up, standing beside the man and putting his hand on his head as he knelt down.

"Lad..." he said softly, "Give her time. It'll go right, I promise ye."

2/20/2009 #347
Star the Foxhound

Lewis took a few deep breaths and looked at Albert. "I'm sorry," he said, "I really am a mess aren't I?"

2/20/2009 #348
Tatianolishka

His cheery mood came back and he laughed.

"Lad, how many times do I have to tell ye?"

2/20/2009 #349
Star the Foxhound

"Too many," Lewis replied getting to his feet and looking around the room again, "I guess I'll never learn."

2/20/2009 #350
Tatianolishka

Albert chuckled.

"Give it time."

2/20/2009 #351
Star the Foxhound

"Time," Lewis sighed, "Maybe...but right now it all seems so hopeless."

He looked around the room some more. "But I'm glad I have you Albert, if I didn't have you I would snap for sure."

2/20/2009 #352
Tatianolishka

He raised an eyebrow.

"Lad, if ye snap again I'll have to go with ye."

2/20/2009 #353
Star the Foxhound

"You won't have to," Lewis said, "Because as long as we stick together I'll have something to live for, our friendship."

2/20/2009 #354
Tatianolishka

He smiled.

"I'll live for that." he laughed. "Come on, let's head back to camp."

((It's really hard not to write the fic in French. XD))

2/20/2009 #355
Star the Foxhound

((XD If it was in French I wouldn't be able to read it!!))

Lewis nodded, "Yes let's, if I stay in this house much longer I'm gonna have a fit."

2/20/2009 #356
Tatianolishka

He went and picked up his pack, glancing over his shoulder.

2/20/2009 #357
Star the Foxhound

Lewis looked around the room one last time before he turned and limped down the stairs, out the front door.

((To Allies Base, you post first))

2/20/2009 #358
Star the Foxhound

((From Hospital))

((One Week and Two Day's Later [One Week After Last Post in Hospital]))

Lewis woke up in the large bed and pushed himself up on both of his elbows, glancing towards the window at the early morning sun shining in. He pulled himself into a almost sitting postion and glanced at the bandage around his middle.

3/13/2009 #359
Tatianolishka

Marianne sat downstairs, looking out the window downstairs as she wrapped herself in a warm blanket. The turmoil in her stomach involving the man upstairs was making her feel sick, and probably wasn't helping her baby much either.

3/13/2009 #360
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Star the Foxhound SnowClaw of Windclan, Tatianolishka, Irish toaster, R.M.Whitaker, Lee's ghost re-born
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member